Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cocaine and other drugs in Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

.Charlo wrote: »
    The eastern Europeans love it. Too mean to pay for the coke thats all that is.
    i think you just did a racism

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 335 ✭✭.Charlo

i think you just did a racism

Maybe but it is known as the poor mans cocaine.

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Used to buy it from a Lithuanian scumbag when I was around 20. Awful stuff looking back on it. Totally wound up and forget about sleeping that night. Zero appetite the next day and a feeling of doom.

Actually that sounds a bit like if you over do it on the cocaine!

The odd joint on a Friday night with a cup of tea and a movie is enough nowadays

I actually dont maybe a handful of times a year now when I want to let off a bit of steam, I was a fùcker for it years ago along the Es. I need it if I'm going out on a long drinking session or I wont last the night. I get gargled fairly quick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

Cocaine is making some money for the traveller community , outside of Dublin travellers are the cocaine Kings .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,530 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

CPTM wrote: »
    This is the only problem I have with legalizing drugs. We binge on the drugs that are legally available to us. What would Ireland look like if people took cocaine in the same quantities as they took alcohol or cigarettes?

It's getting there.

Like drink, some can handle it and others end up dead.

Bateman wrote: »
    Remember there used to be some serious MD around in the late 00s, halcyon days

Making a comeback in a big way... too strong for me now. I think drugs start having a different effect on you as you get older, the euphoria is not the same and with more responsibility you may have more on your mind than in your younger years and that plays a part.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

I actually dont maybe a handful of times a year now when I want to let off a bit of steam, I was a fùcker for it years ago along the Es. I need it if I'm going out on a long drinking session or I wont last the night. I get gargled fairly quick.

Was the same with the old ectasy myself. Most weekends at one stage. The amount of people who were at it was unbelievable in my town. I used to work half day Saturday so had Monday off. Every weekend was a bank holiday party weekend.

6 pints now and Im gone

Was the same with the old ectasy myself. Most weekends at one stage. The amount of people who were at it was unbelievable in my town. I used to work half day Saturday so had Monday off. Every weekend was a bank holiday party weekend.

6 pints now and Im gone

Ah I know all about it, i used to leave the house on a Friday evening and I wouldn't be seen till the Sunday and sometimes not till the Monday ha. Good times. The whole ecstasy and rave scene in Ireland had a bit of a renaissance around 2000 and it was good for a few years after that. Glad I was at an age that I could enjoy it.

Grew up hearing older cousins and uncles talking about the late 80s early 90s in the UK. Its their fault I ended up a fiend haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Making a comeback in a big way... too strong for me now. I think drugs start having a different effect on you as you get older, the euphoria is not the same and with more responsibility you may have more on your mind than in your younger years and that plays a part.

Yes, this exactly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭McCrack

I probably took too much the one time I done it. Felt like my heart was going to explode out of my chest. Freaked out.

Anxiety attack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Tommy Kelly

LuasSimon wrote: »
    Cocaine is making some money for the traveller community , outside of Dublin travellers are the cocaine Kings .

They not the kings between Athlone & Limerick including the whole of Galway in that. Only fools are buying from the ones that are at it, pure muck is all they have and are charging big bucks for that muck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Used to buy it from a Lithuanian scumbag when I was around 20. Awful stuff looking back on it. Totally wound up and forget about sleeping that night. Zero appetite the next day and a feeling of doom.

Actually that sounds a bit like if you over do it on the cocaine!

The odd joint on a Friday night with a cup of tea and a movie is enough nowadays

Is that not coke in a nutshell?

Is that not coke in a nutshell?

Not really. Dibs and dabs of decent stuff throughout the night wouldn't leave you too bad the next day

They not the kings between Athlone & Limerick including the whole of Galway in that. Only fools are buying from the ones that are at it, pure muck is all they have and are charging big bucks for that muck.

I'd say any dealings with traveller gangs ends up in a fall out or the other person getting ripped off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Anyone take Spice?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Anyone take Spice?

jwh-018? yuk! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭justincasey

Coke is every were at the minute young lads getting in serious debts and developing mental health/psychosis issues from long term use...moral of the story is : dont do drugs kids or at least not to much anyway

Coke is every were at the minute young lads getting in serious debts and developing mental health/psychosis issues from long term use...moral of the story is : dont do drugs kids or at least not to much anyway

Lads in pubs 7 days a week. Seen staggering around cities, towns and villages with a snack box under the arm.
    Stink of old fart and major cigarettes off them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Not really. Dibs and dabs of decent stuff throughout the night wouldn't leave you too bad the next day

And sleep wise?

And sleep wise?

No problem. It wears off quickly enough and the alcohol puts you to sleep as it usually does.

Speed on the other hand. No chance of sleep or food or any type of normal day the next day.
    Awful horrible dirty stuff

I can remember we used to go into the cubicle and tear off a tiny piece of toilet paper and put the powder into it to swallow it. The taste otherwise was absolutely horrible.

Saying that I wouldn't have been the type to be taking line after line of cocaine . Just a key or a coin. If you took lots of it I'd imagine sleep wouldn't happen either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

No problem. It wears off quickly enough and the alcohol puts you to sleep as it usually does.

Speed on the other hand. No chance of sleep or food or any type of normal day the next day.
    Awful horrible dirty stuff

I can remember we used to go into the cubicle and tear off a tiny piece of toilet paper and put the powder into it to swallow it. The taste otherwise was absolutely horrible.

Saying that I wouldn't have been the type to be taking line after line of cocaine . Just a key or a coin. If you took lots of it I'd imagine sleep wouldn't happen either

Ah Speed

Now that's a drug you needed to keep constantly topped up once you started on a night

Once it ran out the world started falling apart very quickly

The amount of young lads you see stuck in different pubs every night of the week and then stumbling home is a real problem

The amount of young lads you see stuck in different pubs every night of the week and then stumbling home is a real problem

Would that not be the pints or what am I missing

Class As rampant in the Ireland away support tonight

Bateman wrote: »
    Would that not be the pints or what am I missing

Drink and drugs. The jaw going 90 whilst they're ordering a snack box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Drink and drugs. The jaw going 90 whilst they're ordering a snack box

For me

Food and class A's never mixed

A qoute from 1997 Mr noel Gallagher claimed that taking drugs was "like getting up and having a cup of tea in the morning". Not much has changed then

For me

Food and class A's never mixed

Yeah I’m not getting the whole snack box thing here either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

People who use drugs are complete and utter scum. Same f u ckers can be found looking down their noses at people in communities destroyed by drug dealers

Nobody cares mate

• Advertisement

People who use drugs are complete and utter scum. Same f u ckers can be found looking down their noses at people in communities destroyed by drug dealers

Eh that's bollix

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭supersonic21

I work in a bar, and more than once I've been asked for a 'vodka and water'...

"a vodka and water? are you sure?''
    ''its zero calories"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Eh that's bollix

There is a bit of truth in it to be fair.

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    There is a bit of truth in it to be fair.
    Ye well maybe the second part

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

theteal wrote: »
    Around xmas maybe 4 years ago. Top floor of the Stag's Head (auld Guinness type pub imo). Queue of lads in the jacks who must have all eaten something dodgy. . .

That was an awakening for me.

Most people in bars using th stall are not going in for a ****e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I've tried coke a few times and it's never been worth it. I never got any sort of buzz from it but I'd often have a two day hangover (drinking too)..

A space cake and some adult cartoons like Bob's burgers, Rick and Morty is a better time to be had

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭Heckler

Bit of coke is grand to keep ya going when on the booze for a night. The quality around has gone way up recently. The stuffed up/bleeding nose isn't pleasant when it happens as is the wakefulness the next 24 hours. Sleeping tablets help. As for where to get it, I get it through a very trusted friend whos being getting it from someone for years. Other than that I wouldn't know where to find it. This is maybe 4 times a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

I don't get the hype with coke at all. I tried it twice when I was younger and it basically sobered me up from a night of pints and it felt like I drank an extra strength red bull or something, there wasn't really a "high" from it that you would experience with other stuff like mdma or weed and it's so overpriced as well.

The older I get the more I notice people using it to just get themselves through the week like people would use coffee. There's lads with kids and jobs trying to keep themselves going on it so they don't crash and burn out.

Also if your using any drug like coke or mdma use a test kit before you try it, especially if buying off someone you don't know very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭lalababa

CPTM wrote: »
    Genuine question, has anyone heard of girls purposely taking rohypnol in the club's on Harcourt street? My mate's younger brother mentioned it's all the rage. They take 10% of the dose that would be given if they were spiked, and it gives them the feeling of 4/5 drinks. Sad reality if that's the case
    Yep , stuff like rohipnol ...lbg I think. Tis like 50 cents a hit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

TBH from my dealings with the public driving a taxi I have to say if I'm picking up people who are on something it goes like this.
    If they're drunk it's hassle.
    If they're drunk but have taken a line it's less hassle.
    If they're Xanaxed (upjohned) just get out of my cab. They're ten times worse than coke in my book.

Junkies/crack addicts can't be trusted, very unpredictable too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

lalababa wrote: »
    Yep , stuff like rohipnol ...lbg I think. Tis like 50 cents a hit.

Why pick rohipnol over other benzodiazepines? There are other cheap benzos you could mix with alcohol that would give a better high with less chance of blacking out. Of course mixing any benzo with alcohol is a bad idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Can't understand why there isn't more raids. Anyone caught with it should be prosecuted and named publicly.

Can't understand why there isn't more raids. Anyone caught with it should be prosecuted and named publicly.

I think you would be very surprised the people that were named and shamed . We have used drugs for hundreds of years ain't going to stop legalize not criminalize :)

I think you would be very surprised the people that were named and shamed . We have used drugs for hundreds of years ain't going to stop legalize not criminalize :)

No, criminalising is just fine. Anyone caught using should be crushed, I'd that means changing laws then fine. Have them start losing jobs, rentals, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Tommy Kelly

Looks like a nice morning out. Gonna get up now and have myself an American coffee. Is there a better way to start the day? I don't think so! God bless the Peruvians.

• Advertisement

No, criminalising is just fine. Anyone caught using should be crushed, I'd that means changing laws then fine. Have them start losing jobs, rentals, etc.
    i like your spirit young templemore recruit.. crush them robo cop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Hahaha excellent, that ll show them!

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Hahaha excellent, that ll show them!

They don't need to be shown if they don't want to be as it's a choice, remember. Just need to make a good example of a few early days and one people see them destroyed they won't have the minerals for it and it'll stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

They don't need to be shown if they don't want to be as it's a choice, remember. Just need to make a good example of a few early days and one people see them destroyed they won't have the minerals for it and it'll stop.

Hahaha, ah you're a funny one, heres an idea, I can guarantee you it won't stop it. Anyhow, back to reality

I'm not attempting humor. It's should be stopped by whatever means necessary.

• Advertisement
Advertisement