Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cocaine and other drugs in Ireland

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

WTF?

LSD isn't toxic to the body like alcohol is and is not addictive HOWEVER, it's nothing to **** with.

Some lad in my school who had pre-existing mental problems, took LSD when he while in first year of college and proceeded to remove his front teeth. It's very uncommon but psychosis resulting in self-harm from hallucinogens/stimulants is a thing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,450 ✭✭✭McGiver

McGiver wrote: »
    LSD is extremely safe, overdose and physical harm is almost impossible. The only thing which could happen to you with LSD is developing a psychosis or commit suicide/or get into accident as a result of being too wasted (e.g. by running in front of a car or jumping from somewhere high enough).

WTF?
    Yes, wtf!!!
    As of 2008 there were no documented fatalities attributed directly to an LSD overdose.[7] Despite this several behavioral fatalities and suicides have occurred due to LSD.[49][50] Eight individuals who accidentally consumed very high amounts by mistaking LSD for cocaine developed comatose states, hyperthermia, vomiting, gastric bleeding, and respiratory problems–however, all survived with supportive care.[7]

WTF?

LSD isn't toxic to the body like alcohol is and is not addictive HOWEVER, it's nothing to **** with.

Some lad in my school who had pre-existing mental problems, took LSD when he while in first year of college and proceeded to remove his front teeth. It's very uncommon but psychosis resulting in self-harm from hallucinogens/stimulants is a thing
    Way more common with stimulants. There's even a medical name for it how common it is.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stimulant_psychosis

Much rarer with hallucinogens but it does exist alright but the usual self harm is due to being wasted/deluded and jumping off somewhere as I said and not due to psychosis/depression/withdrawal as in case of stimulants.

Ardillaun wrote: »
    On the ‘other drug’ aspect, it’s a relief to see so few reports of N-bomb hospitalisations or fatalities since this one:

https://www.thesun.ie/news/3444086/sister-of-tragic-alex-ryan-n-bomb-emergency-response-cards/

This hallucinogenic drug is far more dangerous than LSD. There is no known safe dose.

You're not going to convince anyone that you know what you're talking about re: drugs when you quote articles in the sun.
    WTF?

The second line of his post is bull****. The first is true - it's safer and less addictive than alcohol if you use it responsibly.

If you don't, then every drug is dangerous, legal or otherwise
    LSD is not addictive at all. And its safety is several fold higher than ethanol - drink 500ml of whiskey and you can die. Then dangers of LSD are completely different from that of alcohol. Sorry for OT back to coke :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

bluewolf wrote: »
    i think it's supposed to have a more pronounced effect on developing brains, including teens

It would do - your expectations in the future would be ruined. You'll have combined a learning brain with hormones at their peak and powerful drugs. Easy to see why some young folks might get addled if they've hit a higher-than-normal peak of emotional overload at such a young age.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Alainef

Ryan's bar, delivery wanted of the white stuff. Beep when outside or PM

Alainef wrote: »
    Ryan's bar, delivery wanted of the white stuff. Beep when outside or PM

By white stuff do you mean jizz? Ya randy divil!

By white stuff do you mean jizz? Ya randy divil!

That can be had any day! Sure when in Rome & all that jazz. Been to 5 bars & don't see why Kiltimagh is being 'slated'. No proof in the pudding

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 129 ✭✭Ecce No Homo

before i got into body building i did every drug under the sun, meth ampethamine, speedos, colas, ket, hashish, lsd, 2cb, various others, was one of the best ten years of my life and was lucky enough to have partner who enjoyed same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Why do people take cocaine and other drugs like it? I just don't understand, how do u know its actually proper cocaine ur taking on not some synthetic stuff

before i got into body building i did every drug under the sun, meth ampethamine, speedos, colas, ket, hashish, lsd, 2cb, various others, was one of the best ten years of my life and was lucky enough to have partner who enjoyed same

Can you help a curious person out so?

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Why do people take cocaine and other drugs like it? I just don't understand, how do u know its actually proper cocaine ur taking on not some synthetic stuff

because it is amazing fun? many of the best times of my life were high on a variety of substances, saw god's face in the carpal pad of a dog's paw, days of marathon sex with beautiful lady, very productive at work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Hoboo

El_Bee wrote: »
    Strawman, I never said I was ok with sweatshops and the like, you're putting words in my mouth. The butchery of the drug trade is far worse than the unjust treatment of low paid workers in 3rd world countries, you cannot deny that. You just wanted to sound wise with your "how can you not support x when y happens" nonsense, should we all be hoovering up white because whaling and factory farms take place too?

Not at all, but you can't look at people in the drugs industry as scum when you support industries that are no different when it comes to human exploitation and criminality. I don't disagree that terrible **** goes on in the drug trade but I don't have an issue with that and then turn a blind eye to other industries. It's complete hypocrisy. You don't need to share your opinion about sweatshops, you use electronics and wear clothes made in them, thus supporting the industry. No better than a drug dealer or user.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

McGiver wrote: »
    LSD is extremely safe, overdose and physical harm is almost impossible. The only thing which could happen to you with LSD is developing a psychosis or commit suicide/or get into accident as a result of being too wasted (e.g. by running in front of a car or jumping from somewhere high enough).

Its extremely safe but you might just kill yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

More dangerous than LSD????
    Is LSD dangerous? More dangerous than alcohol? How do we define?

People will take drugs. Why not regulate, educate and make it safer?

Making N-bomb safer is rather tricky, given that ‘a safe dose has not yet been determined’, to quote Wiki.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/25I-NBOMe

BTW who mentioned alcohol? We should know all the dangers of that drug. I referenced LSD merely because both N-bomb and LSD are hallucinogens and people sometimes equate the danger with them. One of the nicknames of N-bomb is even ‘acid’ and it has been marketed as legal or natural LSD:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/04/150409162230.htm

The hazards of LSD can be debated but that was certainly not the point of my post, which should be obvious.

• Advertisement

You're not going to convince anyone that you know what you're talking about re: drugs when you quote articles in the sun.

It really doesn’t matter where I quote from - could have been any media site. You can read about the same incident in the Indo as well:

https://www.independent.ie/ca/irish-news/health/nbomb-partygoers-thought-theyd-bought-different-drug-34389648.html

The basic facts are the same. I’m not an expert in this area at all but I have personally seen the potentially fatal effects of N-bomb in my work in Canada. Google N-bomb and you’ll see reports of fatalities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

scary thread. Thought of you all when I read the news last evening; the mother of Jack Downey the 19 year old who died at a festival too his friends to see him when he was dying in the hopes of deterring them. On Breakingnews. Sorry cannot quote the site; maybe someone would? #

Please take care

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Graces7 wrote: »
    scary thread. Thought of you all when I read the news last evening; the mother of Jack Downey the 19 year old who died at a festival too his friends to see him when he was dying in the hopes of deterring them. On Breakingnews. Sorry cannot quote the site; maybe someone would? #

Please take care

Sad and scary. Here is the link Graces.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/jack-downeys-parents-brought-his-friends-in-to-see-damage-drugs-can-do-944664.html
    Jack Downey (19) died three days after taking what is believed to have been ecstasy/MDMA at the Indiependence festival in Mitchelstown, Cork over the August Bank Holiday Weekend.

His parents Elaine and Johnny Downey from Clonmel, Co Tipperary have revealed how they felt ‘duty-bound’ to show what drugs had done to their son.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Prescription medecine kills more :

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/prescription-drugs-implicated-in-most-deaths-by-overdose-1.3818379

Prescription drugs were linked to seven out of 10 deaths, or 238, by overdose in 2016.

gctest50 wrote: »

When people try to overdose on them yes. Its when they are not used as directed and overdosed on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Bodybuilding is supposed to get you INTO a pair of speedos, not out of them!! :D

Same reason people drink.

How do we know it's proper? By only buying from trusted sources and not from some bloke at the backk of a nightclub.
    Ardillaun wrote: »
    It really doesn’t matter where I quote from - could have been any media site. You can read about the same incident in the Indo as well:

https://www.independent.ie/ca/irish-news/health/nbomb-partygoers-thought-theyd-bought-different-drug-34389648.html

The basic facts are the same. I’m not an expert in this area at all but I have personally seen the potentially fatal effects of N-bomb in my work in Canada. Google N-bomb and you’ll see reports of fatalities.

It kind does matter what source you use, because you're using an appeal to emotion in a logical debate, and it leads to fallacy.

In any case, I have to be honest and say I know very little about N-Bombs, but this comes back to the point I made above to Andrew about only buying from trusted sources.

But one case does not make the whole story, regardless of the substance. We can all point to someone who's had to much to drink and gone and done something stupid and killed either themselves or someone else.

Drugs are dangerous if used irresponsible. ALL of them. Legal or otherwise.

There's no getting around that
    When people try to overdose on them yes. Its when they are not used as directed and overdosed on.

Again, overdosing on anything is irrespeonsible.

You wanted examples of doublespeak in a different thread, how about this:

Too much of an illegal drug is "overdosing".
    Too much beer is just "drunk" or "intoxicated".

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Too much of an illegal drug is "overdosing".
    Too much beer is just "drunk" or "intoxicated".

How much heroin is it safe to take?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

You wouldn’t want to be taking it that often, but the quality of the old ‘Satan’s dandruff’ is very good at the moment. Highly refreshing.
    Enjoy shoving that sh*t up your nose (that was probably smugglled up some fat hairy arsehole) - and not to mention the people that were murdered in said drug trade.

You don't.

By the way it would be better if it were legalized. Its not safe though to take that ****. People are kidding themselves.

Evening prescribed meds have side effects. Which is why you try and stay off them and as healthy as you can.

Depends on the user and their tolerance, but clinics seem to be managing fine at not killing their users.

According to this the mean amount taken daily is 474mg, so 30-90mg per dose if taking 4-5 times a day seems "safe" depending on tolerance.

If only there were some very easy way we could make it safer and ensure purity to decrease the risk of fentanyl overdoses... Ah well, just a pipe dream.

grindle wrote: »
    Depends on the user and their tolerance, but clinics seem to be managing fine at not killing their users.

According to this the mean amount taken daily is 474mg, so 30-90mg per dose if taking 4-5 times a day seems "safe" depending on tolerance.

If only there were some very easy way we could make it safer and ensure purity to decrease the risk of fentanyl overdoses... Ah well, just a pipe dream.

Its methadone.

Also many people would say they are just as hooked on methadone as they were on heroin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

No idea, never done it. But I assure you if I ever do, I will know long before it gets to that point.

No idea, never done it. But I assure you if I ever do, I will know long before it gets to that point.
    Good stuff. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Saw a documentary recently and it seems like the first "dose" would be safe enough. It just makes you puke and regret the whole thing. Its if you go back for seconds the addiction problems and increased chance for an overdose come into view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

TomSweeney wrote: »
    Enjoy shoving that sh*t up your nose (that was probably smugglled up some fat hairy arsehole) - and not to mention the people that were murdered in said drug trade.

Will do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

You are a scumbag, no different than the guy who rapes or murders a family member in Columbia who won't bow down to the cartel. You are responsible for their suffering , you and anyone of your ilk have their blood on your hands.

Its methadone.

Also many people would say they are just as hooked on methadone as they were on heroin.

In our clinics it's methadone. Some places prescribe heroin (like the study I linked which was based on a Swiss initiative).

Are we worried about people being hooked on heroin or whatever,or worried about them dying? One situation is worse.

"Oh no they're hooked on methadone but taking it in safe quantities and surrounds, better cancel the plan and get them back to street heroin in their junkie nest laced with fentanyl!"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

TomSweeney wrote: »

Enjoy them clothes you are wearing, made in 3rd world countries by people forced to be slaves basically.

I smoke weed, grow it myself. Have a drug testing kit for Cocaine to make sure its not ****e (occasional user, every now and then)

Do you like football? Have you stopped supporting it? As hundreds have died in Qatar building stadiums for new world cup

Ireland is a truly funny place. There's a dichotomy between strongly anti-drug people and pro-drug use people. Don't have a problem with drugs myself but this thread is an amusing exchange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Bob Harris wrote: »
    There's a fella called Rory with a youtube channel. Loadsa stories.

And they are all painfully unfunny.

It kind does matter what source you use, because you're using an appeal to emotion in a logical debate, and it leads to fallacy.

I merely quoted that report to show that N-bomb is being used in Ireland.

In any case, I have to be honest and say I know very little about N-Bombs, but this comes back to the point I made above to Andrew about only buying from trusted sources.

But one case does not make the whole story, regardless of the substance. We can all point to someone who's had to much to drink and gone and done something stupid and killed either themselves or someone else.

Drugs are dangerous if used irresponsible. ALL of them. Legal or otherwise.

There's no getting around that

In the fatal case I was involved in, the young person bought N-bomb off the internet. How does anybody figure out a trusted source from there? Your average teenager is going to have a tough job doing that.

The specific problem with N-bomb is that a safe dose has not yet been established. Many other drugs, including alcohol, are more predictable in that regard. So it is very difficult to use responsibly. With a large enough sample of users, somebody is likely to have a bad reaction and end up with convulsions and/or cardiac failure.

You are a scumbag, no different than the guy who rapes or murders a family member in Columbia who won't bow down to the cartel. You are responsible for their suffering , you and anyone of your ilk have their blood on your hands.

I hope you enjoy fantasy island where you live with siblings and very little wisdom or life experience, and regret of not having marathon sex sessions with good looking woman like I myself have done during special ten year period

For what it matters, the vast majority of drugs I consumed I bought directly from manufacturer with no middle man. I was never big into cola, did it very little. You have done more harm eating factory farmed meat and treating people poorly in everyday life. Was very much into stimulants, did them thousands of time, with beautiful woman, we would have sex for days.

As I say, that is all behind me now.

Please to meet you and please enjoy mediocre life lacking in adventure.

Was very much into stimulants, did them thousands of time, with beautiful woman, we would have sex for days.

Have always been put off by that aspect of drug taking. I have a friend who says he can't enjoy sex without drugs, because it doesn't compare to having sex when high. Of course I've had sex when high, but by that time of the night you'd be coming down anyway, and it's more incidental than planned. Not sure why that makes a difference, probably all in my head.

I'd just hate to get to the stage where, if I was going to have sex, I'd have to take speed or coke or whatever beforehand. It will be bad enough when I'm reaching for the blue pills.

I hope you enjoy fantasy island where you live with siblings and very little wisdom or life experience, and regret of not having marathon sex sessions with good looking woman like I myself have done during special ten year period

For what it matters, the vast majority of drugs I consumed I bought directly from manufacturer with no middle man. I was never big into cola, did it very little. You have done more harm eating factory farmed meat and treating people poorly in everyday life. Was very much into stimulants, did them thousands of time, with beautiful woman, we would have sex for days.

As I say, that is all behind me now.

Please to meet you and please enjoy mediocre life lacking in adventure.

How do you guys manage to avoid getting stopped by Gardai?

Do you consume the drugs only at parties and don't buy any with you to take home?

• Advertisement

How do you guys manage to avoid getting stopped by Gardai?

Do you consume the drugs only at parties and don't buy any with you to take home?

I'm beginning to think everyone here gets their information about drugs frim US TV shows....

People don't walk around with kilos of the stuff stayed you their chest. A gram of cocaine is not that hard to hide upon you, and the Gardai dont have random stop-and-search powers in this country.

I'm beginning to think everyone here gets their information about drugs frim US TV shows....

People don't walk around with kilos of the stuff stayed you their chest. A gram of cocaine is not that hard to hide upon you, and the Gardai dont have random stop-and-search powers in this country.

But raiding your house? Back in TY, the gardai detectives told us about a lad whose parents house was raided because he agreed to keep a kilo of cannabis for another dealer. Don't remember if it was a trap or the other dealer got caught and outed him for a lesser sentence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Ma ma found stuey’s bag of deals and she wouldn’t give em back.

But raiding your house? Back in TY, the gardai detectives told us about a lad whose parents house was raided because he agreed to keep a kilo of cannabis for another dealer. Don't remember if it was a trap or the other dealer got caught and outed him for a lesser sentence.

Yeah, a kilo.

If the Gardai decided to raid every house that had the remnants of a gram in it the prison population would multiply by 20 at least.

I assure, people don't keep a kilo of cocaine on hand for casual useage :)

Also. Gardai would have to get a search warrant in order ot enter the premises, and if the above story is true, someone would have had to have tipped them off, and they would probably have expected to find a hell of a lot more than a kilo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭JMMCapital

Cocaine is a total waste of money. A drug for the weak and insecure who want to look for an "escape" or excuse. man the f*ck up and stop putting that **** up your nose.. The Gym is my cocaine, i haven't touched that **** in well over a year and will never touch an illegal drug again in my life. I've seen cocaine litterally change peoples personalities turn into complete f*cking p*icks. Also not to say the amount of people and families abused over drug debts, along with the amount of people suffering from depression off it hanging themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

JMMCapital wrote: »
    Cocaine is a total waste of money. A drug for the weak and insecure who want to look for an "escape" or excuse. man the f*ck up and stop putting that **** up your nose.. The Gym is my cocaine, i haven't touched that **** in well over a year and will never touch an illegal drug again in my life. I've seen cocaine litterally change peoples personalities turn into complete f*cking p*icks. Also not to say the amount of people and families abused over drug debts, along with the amount of people suffering from depression off it hanging themselves.

do you even sniff bro?

do you even sniff bro?

I have sniffed used to love it, then realized there's more to life. It's a dirty ****ing habbit that cost me thousands no sympathy for anyone who does.

do you even sniff bro?

To be honest, he has a point. I find it a bit over-rated and over-priced for what it is, and there are certain people I know who, when they take it, I try to avoid.

To be honest, he has a point. I find it a bit over-rated and over-priced for what it is, and there are certain people I know who, when they take it, I try to avoid.

You know I’m right, you just don’t want to let your druggie friends down. Peer pressure is a b*tch, give up the stuff and come gym with me

JMMCapital wrote: »
    You know I’m right, you just don’t want to let your druggie friends down. Peer pressure is a b*tch, give up the stuff and come gym with me

I've done my fair share of weight-training in my youth :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement