Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cocaine and other drugs in Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

JMMCapital wrote: »
    Out of curiosity and peer pressure I suppose (2nd year of college first a yoke then after taking coke I was hooked and didn’t take anything else). Stopped taking them after finding them to be too much of a burden and waste of time they stopped me from reaching other goals I had and was being a **** to the people I love staying in college weekend ended up hanging around a group of SCUMBAGS who only used me taking drugs instead of coming home to the parents. Also they money, cost me a fortune I spent a couple of grand easily over year or two, I got sick of them for a finishing knew there was better things to do with my time instead of drugs, haven’t looked back since delighted with myself I know I made the right decision would have gone down the addiction route and probably hung myself depression is in the family. Take drugs if you want I’m not gonna judge just be smart about it and no when to call it a day.

IN fairness, you have been a bit judgemental to people who say they do drugs in this thread a few times.

That said, they rest of your thread is fair. I kind of went the opposite way to you (used to do a lot of weight training, got bored of it) then much later on life discovered drugs. Being a bit older and wiser, though, I learn to use rather than to abuse them; as tools to discover and improve myself. Mostly psychedelics though so, there's a difference there also.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭dubstepper

I learn to use rather than to abuse them; as tools to discover and improve myself. Mostly psychedelics though so, there's a difference there also.

Like how older? I never hear of anyone taking psychedelics past their early 20s. Maybe mushrooms, but even then. I would not touch acid or mushrooms but did a bit in my late teens & early 20s. I could not handle seeing pacman nipping around my gaff these days :pac::pac::pac:

I would postulate that a *lot* of drug use (not all, but certainly a lot) is down to undiagnosed issues with depression and ADHD, combined with the fact that mainstream medicine - particularly in Ireland, where dextroamphetamine isn't even licensed with prescription to tread ADHD - is so averse to stimulants and dopaminergics due to their addiction liability, that they rely on first-line treatments which often exacerbate the issue. Seratonergics are the first line choice for depression, and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors for ADHD - in both cases, these fail to address the main issue, which for a lot of people is a f*cked up dopaminergic reward system. Drugs such as MDMA, cocaine, and amphetamines directly target either dopamine-releasing neurons, or the transporters responsible for removing dopamine from the brain, thus enhancing and prolonging the action of dopamine which motivates people to do things that make them feel good and feel psychologically rewarded.
    I disagree with your opening proposition, and then (very strangely) agreed with everything else you said.

Two problems arise. Firstly, Ireland doesn't have a high incidence of illicit drug use compared to plenty of societies where ADHD, for example, is more appropriately treated.

Secondly, most of the drug users that I know, like myself (although my drug use has plummeted in recent years) are professionals. There are 7 other people working in my department at work, and thr majority use cocaine or ketamine on a recreational basis -- none of us during work, to my knowledge, and I'm sure I'd spot thr physical or behavioural signs if they were.

I bet if you did a poll of most occasional users of recreational drugs, you'd find that if we do take substances, it's only in a social setting. I can't imagine a bigger waste of coke or pills than doing them home alone on a Thursday evening, or in work on Monday. Therefore, the ADHD hypothesis would appear to me to be really dubious, and if it is applicable, then only to a very small subset of the population.

Surely they'll all be after speed, anyway ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

dubstepper wrote: »
    Like how older? I never hear of anyone taking psychedelics past their early 20s. Maybe mushrooms, but even then. I would not touch acid or mushrooms but did a bit in my late teens & early 20s. I could not handle seeing pacman nipping around my gaff these days :pac::pac::pac:

Never seen pacman....!

I was in my early 40s. Firstly at a burning-man-type festival and then a couple of years later on a camping trip. Was the first time I had a reliable source.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

Yes, I see cocaine use.

I see a big line of cocaine in front of me that I'm going to use.

Cocaine is a good drug taken in moderation, I take it about twice a month. I've been taking it for years & have never got hooked on it. Of course everyone is different.

And yes, it's very easy to get drugs nowadays, in fact it's so easy it they might as well all be legal & take the profits out of the hands of criminals.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

If someone uses coke, heroin, meth right before donating blood, will the blood donor clinic ever catch it even if they say no to the answers?

I heard they don't test blood for drugs and go by the donors word but that seems ****ing insane. I don't know much about biochemistry but perhaps having drugs in your blood doesn't make you high it needs to be in your liver and broken down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

If someone uses coke, heroin, meth right before donating blood, will the blood donor clinic ever catch it even if they say no to the answers?

I heard they don't test blood for drugs and go by the donors word but that seems ****ing insane. I don't know much about biochemistry but perhaps having drugs in your blood doesn't make you high it needs to be in your liver and broken down

Most drugs will pass throguh the liver before the blood reaches the brain and passes the blood brain barrier some drugs bypass the liver on the first pass.

I think a typical blood donation is 350ml and childern have 2,500ml total and adults 4,000 - 5,700. But no one will get all of your 350ml donation as donated blood is processed in large batches. The most anyone could get from your donation is trace ammounts of drugs not enoough to even harm a baby.

tuxy wrote: »
    But no one will get all of your 350ml donation as donated blood is processed in large batches. The most anyone could get from your donation is trace ammount of drugs not enoough to even harm a baby.
    Eh? I'm not sure how that could work with all of the various blood types (and sub types). Also, I thought neonatal blood (under 16) was never donated by adults.

And I'm pretty sure that if an AB- donor (or any other donor of rare blood) makes a donation, his blood often goes straight to the donee.

Source: a friend who works in the National Blood Centre and has to telephone people with rare blood types to donate to adults or even neonates in emergencies. Believe it or not, the donors sometimes get annoyed about being asked to donate, and regularly don't show up to emergency appointments.

@hatrickpatrick, these moments of intense joy that people with depression long to experience, are you sure they actually exist? Or maybe some people are searching always for that longed for state of Nirvana and turn to drugs in order to achieve it?

I'll admit to self-medicating a strongly suspected ADHD issue with an over the counter cold medication which, as a little-known side effect, inhibits dopamine reuptake. My life has changed substantially for the better since I began doing this, but from all my research, getting diagnosed with ADHD as an adult would result in (a) being prescribed a norepinephrine-only stimulant which would give me more energy but not more motivation or 'drive', which is what I and many others with ADHD are lacking, and (b) cost me hundreds of euro every few months in repeated visits to a psychologist to have the scripts renewed. In my case, I choose one day (sometimes two) each week on which I'll do this off label self-medication, and in all honesty I've gotten more productive work done and put my life fully back on track in one year of doing this than in the previous six years of trying to figure out what the hell was wrong with me.

I'm not saying that taking drugs is smart, but I do feel that for some people it's a desperate attempt to self-medicate an issue which is very, very difficult to get the proper treatment for in this country. I'm not sure if any other Western country in the world has the utterly extremist opposition to dopaminergic medication for ADHD and depression that we have in Ireland, but certainly when compared with the UK or US, it's actually easier to get your hands on cocaine (insanely strong dopamine reuptake inhibitor) and methamphetamine (insanely strong dopamine releasing agent) than it is to get your hands on Concerta (average strength dopamine reuptake inhibitor) or Adderall (average strength dopamine releasing agent). And in my opinion, therein lies the problem.

Just my two cents!

Same here.

The problem, though is the legal status: they're illegal because they're potentially dangerous - but the reason they're dangerous is because they're illegal and don't have to conform to standards.

I also have ADHD (not professionally diagnosed, but I have the full set of symptoms) and the two things that work are speed and ritalin. One is illegal, the other is ridiculously expensive because I have to go through several sessions of psychotherapy before I even get the prescription. And there's no guarantee I'll even get it: the doc may decide to go with something else. Thankfully, I have a friend who gets far more than he needs. Are they safe? If I use them wisely probably. Obviously not 100% sure, but it's a risk I'm willing to take because the law/society is not going to help me out.

At the end of the day, I'm going to use what works not what's legal.

Then there's also the big pharma conspiracy... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Not posting this to get a rise out of anyone or anything ... But you're mad if you take coke.

Ever see how that crap is made? Made by some farmer who uses petrol to break down the coca leaf. Yes petrol. Then adds a crap load of chemicals. Including bleach. So all that is going up your nose. Not to mention it can get cut down at so many levels along the line before your nose.
    That's just mental.

Personally I'm not into hash either but fair enough if someone smokes it. It's green isn't it. But coke is insane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭JMMCapital

So a recreational drug user ?

Was** not anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Personally I'm not into hash either but fair enough if someone smokes it. It's green isn't it. But coke is insane.

No, hash is brown not grean iy is also processed and could have anything mixed in to add weight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

No, hash is brown not grean iy is also processed and could have anything mixed in to add weight.

Often diesel or something similar. Used to be anyway. I remember years ago getting green with fibreglass in it. Not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭reg114

Same here.

The problem, though is the legal status: they're illegal because they're potentially dangerous - but the reason they're dangerous is because they're illegal and don't have to conform to standards.

I also have ADHD (not professionally diagnosed, but I have the full set of symptoms) and the two things that work are speed and ritalin. One is illegal, the other is ridiculously expensive because I have to go through several sessions of psychotherapy before I even get the prescription. And there's no guarantee I'll even get it: the doc may decide to go with something else. Thankfully, I have a friend who gets far more than he needs. Are they safe? If I use them wisely probably. Obviously not 100% sure, but it's a risk I'm willing to take because the law/society is not going to help me out.

At the end of the day, I'm going to use what works not what's legal.

Then there's also the big pharma conspiracy... :)

Alcohol is legal and conforms to high standards yet it causes massive problems on an individual and societal level. Ultimately people dont drink alcohol because they are thirsty, but because it modifies their psychological state. Yes alcohol is used to self medicate in the same way as illegal drugs are. Making drugs legal removes the underworld / crime element and yes it might bring a more consistent and higher quality product but ultimately people will mis-use any drug if they are desperate enough to change their psychological state for whatever underlying reason.

Personally I would love to see the gov try to tackle the criminality regarding the widespread access to illegal drugs here head on. The quickest and most effective way to do this would be the use of literally hundreds of snifferdogs at all ports , airports, and random stop and searches anywhere in the country. This would include gardai with sniffer dogs patrolling city / town streets at the weekend when revellers would be most likely in possession. I would love to see sniffer dogs being brought into pubs to make spot checks on punters. The level of panic that this would cause your casual friday night cocaine user would surely engender a change in behaviour. Right now anyone can get any drug of choice on a night out and use it without fear of being caught. The fear of being caught needs to be ramped up. If you had repeated weekends of punters being frogmarched out of pubs or stopped in possession in the street , then very quickly you'd have a change in behaviour. This pressure would need to be sustained but its very doable with enough sniffer dogs.

reg114 wrote: »
    Alcohol is legal and conforms to high standards yet it causes massive problems on an individual and societal level. Ultimately people dont drink alcohol because they are thirsty, but because it modifies their psychological state. Yes alcohol is used to self medicate in the same way as illegal drugs are. Making drugs legal removes the underworld / crime element and yes it might bring a more consistent and higher quality product but ultimately people will mis-use any drug if they are desperate enough to change their psychological state for whatever underlying reason.

Personally I would love to see the gov try to tackle the criminality regarding the widespread access to illegal drugs here head on. The quickest and most effective way to do this would be the use of literally hundreds of snifferdogs at all ports , airports, and random stop and searches anywhere in the country. This would include gardai with sniffer dogs patrolling city / town streets at the weekend when revellers would be most likely in possession. I would love to see sniffer dogs being brought into pubs to make spot checks on punters. The level of panic that this would cause your casual friday night cocaine user would surely engender a change in behaviour. Right now anyone can get any drug of choice on a night out and use it without fear of being caught. The fear of being caught needs to be ramped up. If you had repeated weekends of punters being frogmarched out of pubs or stopped in possession in the street , then very quickly you'd have a change in behaviour. This pressure would need to be sustained but its very doable with enough sniffer dogs.

1 - it would make it safer, not safe. There's no such thing as a yotally safe drug, legal or otherwise.

It alcohol got banned, for example, people would distill their own. And it would be even more dangerous.

2 - your idea won't work, Ireland is an island. Plenty of import points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

lol most import travel points have sniffer dogs, what he suggested is ridicilous amount of man power and dogs needed, time it would take to do spot checks due to false positives etc, prob most useless idea ever.

reg114 wrote: »
    I would love to see sniffer dogs being brought into pubs to make spot checks on punters. The level of panic that this would cause your casual friday night cocaine user would surely engender a change in behaviour.

At what cost? Imagine how horrible that would be, having a pint and f*cking guard walks in with a dog running around!!!?!! The damage to our tourist industry etc.

• Site Banned Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Balanadan

Not posting this to get a rise out of anyone or anything ... But you're mad if you take coke.

Ever see how that crap is made? Made by some farmer who uses petrol to break down the coca leaf. Yes petrol. Then adds a crap load of chemicals. Including bleach. So all that is going up your nose. Not to mention it can get cut down at so many levels along the line before your nose.
    That's just mental.

Fairly rotten processing. The environmental impact is appalling. But sure the people snorting it don't give a **** about that, they'll find some ignorant way to excuse it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

At what cost? Imagine how horrible that would be, having a pint and f*cking guard walks in with a dog running around!!!?!! The damage to our tourist industry etc.
    well OP is dreaming there alright

better approach like some Netherlands towns have made is to have test centers for drugs, people bring it anonymously and get them tested. while it doesn't do much for abolishing drugs they do test them and advise people how they should be taken, and collect data, makes more sense and spreads awareness. scare tactics does little, its been decades and prohibition just doesn't work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

what a smart arse thing to say. I clearly meant "green" as in natural. fair enough if you wanna argue that stuff gets mixed in. But taking a comment literally as colour is just smart arsery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

jwh-018? yuk! :(

Nah, turns your eyes blue permanently so it'd be really obvious to everyone.

Plus I don't fancy seeing the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

The police walking into bars and doing a full lap around to make sure nobody is too drunk is a fairly common occurrence in Melbourne tbh.

GiftofGab wrote: »
    The police walking into bars and doing a full lap around to make sure nobody is too drunk is a fairly common occurrence in Melbourne tbh.

Must be new. I lived in Australia for 3 years and never once saw it in a pub. Haven't been there in over a decade though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I assure, people don't keep a kilo of cocaine on hand for casual useage :)

Also. Gardai would have to get a search warrant in order ot enter the premises, and if the above story is true, someone would have had to have tipped them off, and they would probably have expected to find a hell of a lot more than a kilo.

The whole search warrant thing is not necessarily 100 percent correct. There area times when a search warrant isn’t needed.

poisonated wrote: »
    The whole search warrant thing is not necessarily 100 percent correct. There area times when a search warrant isn’t needed.

Such as?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Must be new. I lived in Australia for 3 years and never once saw it in a pub. Haven't been there in over a decade though.
    There's cocaine over there alright , it's just the price of it is mental. I've friends over there and they said it's like 300 or 400 dollars for a gram of it. Even esctasy can be quiet expensive over there , anything from 30 to 50 dollars for 1 pill. That's why a lot of Aussies do a drug called ice which can be made there and isn't that expensive.
    Ireland's has been flooded with cocaine since 2002 . I can't see it stopping being so popular as young Irish people love sessions. I do worry tho as I've a kid coming into his teens and I'm gonna do my best to keep him away from it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Yes, I see cocaine use.

I see a big line of cocaine in front of me that I'm going to use.

Cocaine is a good drug taken in moderation, I take it about twice a month. I've been taking it for years & have never got hooked on it. Of course everyone is different.

And yes, it's very easy to get drugs nowadays, in fact it's so easy it they might as well all be legal & take the profits out of the hands of criminals.

Is cocaine use as widespread amongst AGS as it is the general public in your opinion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Such as?

If they witness something. To best explain I'll give 2 examples:

Warrant Needed

A warrant would be required when evidence is given to the Gardaí that there may be drugs being kept in x place. Along with other evidence to support this, the Gardaí would apply to the local District Judge to get a search warrant under the Mis-Use of Drugs Act.

Warrant not needed

If the Gardaí are chasing someone known to have drugs on them (they witnessed it in person/via CCTV and it's live), and said person goes into a property, the Gardaí have the right to enter and search without warrant, but it's limited. It's possible that they may only be able to search the room that the person was found in, and would have to get a warrant to search the rest. But this happens extremely rarely, and it's better to get a warrant as it's easier to prosecute.

• Advertisement

If they witness something. To best explain I'll give 2 examples:

Warrant Needed

A warrant would be required when evidence is given to the Gardaí that there may be drugs being kept in x place. Along with other evidence to support this, the Gardaí would apply to the local District Judge to get a search warrant under the Mis-Use of Drugs Act.

Warrant not needed

If the Gardaí are chasing someone known to have drugs on them (they witnessed it in person/via CCTV and it's live), and said person goes into a property, the Gardaí have the right to enter and search without warrant, but it's limited. It's possible that they may only be able to search the room that the person was found in, and would have to get a warrant to search the rest. But this happens extremely rarely, and it's better to get a warrant as it's easier to prosecute.

"Extremely rarely" - I think you're splitting hairs a bit here.

If the received a tip off or a complaint is made - which was the scenario envisioned - they need a warrant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

"Extremely rarely" - I think you're splitting hairs a bit here.

If the received a tip off or a complaint is made - which was the scenario envisioned - they need a warrant.

In my 9 years, most of the searches I was involved in had a warrant. Only once did we chase someone into their house, as he tried to sell to an off-duty student Garda, so we chased him. We searched the sitting room where we caught him there and then, and while we had the legal right to search the rest of the house, the Sergeant got a search warrant just to be sure.

Just because you don't hear about it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. It does, it's just very rare as drug dealers usually don't tell the Gardaí they're carrying. But yes, in the scenario mentioned above, the warrant would be needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Imagine actually having the need to put random white poison up your nose? Mind boggling.
    But they're the cool kids. They are with it

In my 9 years, most of the searches I was involved in had a warrant. Only once did we chase someone into their house, as he tried to sell to an off-duty student Garda, so we chased him. We searched the sitting room where we caught him there and then, and while we had the legal right to search the rest of the house, the Sergeant got a search warrant just to be sure.

Just because you don't hear about it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. It does, it's just very rare as drug dealers usually don't tell the Gardaí they're carrying. But yes, in the scenario mentioned above, the warrant would be needed.

Never said it didn't happen.

Someone asked how people don't have problems with Gardai and highlighted a house raid to illustrate the point and my asnwer was that Gardai can't just choose where and when they want to investigate people. They can only act on tip offs or valid suspicions.

Never said it didn't happen.

Someone asked how people don't have problems with Gardai and highlighted a house raid to illustrate the point and my asnwer was that Gardai can't just choose where and when they want to investigate people. They can only act on tip offs or valid suspicions.

Can I ask also how people get away with ordering illegal drugs on the dark web? I've heard a guy on bluelight (drug forum) say he ordered benzos and heroin from a supplier in the U.K. and customs didn't intercept the package. When they do, he says he's never gotten caught but I wonder, what would happen if he did?

He's not the only one who orders drugs so I actually wonder how people order them without getting prosecuted.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭A Shropshire Lad

Gerry Ryan used to say he would know if a stranger next to him in the pub was on Coke

• Advertisement

Can I ask also how people get away with ordering illegal drugs on the dark web? I've heard a guy on bluelight (drug forum) say he ordered benzos and heroin from a supplier in the U.K. and customs didn't intercept the package. When they do, he says he's never gotten caught but I wonder, what would happen if he did?

He's not the only one who orders drugs so I actually wonder how people order them without getting prosecuted.

The payment in bitcoins is untraceable and the packages are usually small enough to not warrant attention. Also, the post office are not the police and are not checking them.

As to what happens? Nothing, usually. They don't show up. The police might put the recipient under surveillance, but unless they can prove a connection, they can't act. Otherwise the known world and his wife would be on shipyourenemiessomedrugs.com.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

The payment in bitcoins is untraceable

Wrong

Is anyone here dreading the day that Nurofen Plus, Solpadeine, and other OTC codeine products become prescription or banned altogether? Australia already went that way.

I imagine there'll be people doing a huge stock.

You know what's funny though, I actually heard codeine is legal in Western countries and not African/Asian countries because caucasians are poor metabolisers of codeine due to the CY2PD6 enzyme. therefore less addiction in Ireland.

I'm African and definitely metabolize it well. Usually guzzle up 24 tablets of nurofen+ibuprofen from boots or nurofen plus which is about 300mg of codeine. Nice buzz but terrible itch afte two hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭doughef

Read the whole thread..

Really interesting- like a bit of coke occasionally. Happy enough with the same source as I’ve been using them for years.

My question is .

Does anyone do heroine recreationally ??

Is it all junkies or do people use it in their everyday lives?

Is anyone here dreading the day that Nurofen Plus, Solpadeine, and other OTC codeine products become prescription or banned altogether? Australia already went that way.

You know what's funny though, I actually heard codeine is legal in Western countries and not African/Asian countries because caucasians are poor metabolisers of codeine due to the CY2PD6 enzyme. therefore less addiction in Ireland.

I'm African and definitely metabolize it well. Usually guzzle up 24 tablets of nurofen+ibuprofen from boots or nurofen plus which is about 300mg of codeine. Nice buzz but terrible itch afte two hours.

You are going to **** your kidneys mate or get stroke/heart attack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

You are going to **** your kidneys mate or get stroke/heart attack.

This poster has no credibility as the amount of paracetamol in what he says he takes would have killed him long ago. :eek: He would have bled to death from every orifice long ago....read all his posts?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

tcawley29 wrote: »
    Wrong

Depending on how it's purchased and moved around it can be untraceable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Hahaha people are nuts! No you aren't superior to other races, whatever ****e you were told about your ability to process drugs is just that, pure ****e, get help, before something really fcuked up happens.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Hahaha people are nuts! No you aren't superior to other races, whatever ****e you were told about your ability to process drugs is just that, pure ****e, get help, before something really fcuked up happens.

Check these boyos out. Cough syrup addition. Boys skulling bottles all day

https://youtu.be/o1yUKfvnqRQ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Check these boyos out. Cough syrup addition. Boys skulling bottles all day

https://youtu.be/o1yUKfvnqRQ

vice make some great stuff, their krokodil video is fcuked up

Graces7 wrote: »
    This poster has no credibility as the amount of paracetamol in what he says he takes would have killed him long ago. :eek: He would have bled to death from every orifice long ago....read all his posts?

Not paracetamol, ibuprofen. Paracetamol is toxic to the liver/kidneys and ibuprofen is MUCH less toxic. It can cause acute renal failure but usually in people with an underlying kidney disorder.

It causes a bad stomach though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Not paracetamol, ibuprofen. Paracetamol is toxic to the liver/kidneys and ibuprofen is MUCH less toxic. It can cause acute renal failure but usually in people with an underlying kidney disorder.

It causes a bad stomach though.

why do you do it? abusing your body like that? and of course these meds are not OTC as such; you still have to be quizzed by the pharmacist.

Does anyone know if shops still sell Codinex? It has codeine linctus but is better than Solpadeine or Nurofen Plus as it doesn't have the paracetamol/ibuprofen ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,039 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Does anyone know if shops still sell Codinex? It has codeine linctus but is better than Solpadeine or Nurofen Plus as it doesn't have the paracetamol/ibuprofen ****e.

The “cough” medicine? No, don’t think you can get that one anymore.

Got prescribed it years ago, it was some “buzz”. Went through it far too quickly though.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Is this thread just an entire cover for you to ask where you can get semi-legal pharmaceuticals?

• Advertisement
Advertisement