Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Account

Options
  • 07-06-2019 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi, I have been using my wifes current account for years, to have my wages paid into and pay direct debits, etc
    I did this primarily as I didn't have a current account when I started working so just supplied her bank account details to payroll and it evolved from there. My wife has been using her deposit account for the payment of her wages. My questions are a) is it possible to open a new current account for me with all DD's transferred over, so that my wife can solely use her current account?
    or b) Could the account be renamed in my name with a new current account setup for my wife to use , this way there'd be no need to transfer all the DD's from one account to another?
    or c) I'm open to suggestions.

Thank you,
    Jimmy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: John

Hi, I have been using my wifes current account for years, to have my wages paid into and pay direct debits, etc
    I did this primarily as I didn't have a current account when I started working so just supplied her bank account details to payroll and it evolved from there. My wife has been using her deposit account for the payment of her wages. My questions are a) is it possible to open a new current account for me with all DD's transferred over, so that my wife can solely use her current account?
    or b) Could the account be renamed in my name with a new current account setup for my wife to use , this way there'd be no need to transfer all the DD's from one account to another?

Thank you,
    Jimmy

Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us here on Boards.

In this instance because the Current Account you have been using is solely in your wife's name then your only option is to set up a new Current Account in your name, have your wife cancel the Direct Debits on her Account and for you to set them up on your new Current Account. We can't switch anything over because the Account is solely in your wife's name. We can't rename your wife's Account either to your name. There has to be a completely new application to set up an Account in your name.

I have attached a link here to our Current Account Application page which also contains all relevant information you might want to know before you open the Account. An Account can also be opened over the phone on 1890 35 44 54 or in a Bank of Ireland Branch.

Many Thanks

John

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭JACK BE NIMBLE

or b) Could the account be renamed in my name with a new current account setup for my wife to use , this way there'd be no need to transfer all the DD's from one account to another?

Thank you,
    Jimmy

Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us here on Boards.

In this instance because the Current Account you have been using is solely in your wife's name then your only option is to set up a new Current Account in your name, have your wife cancel the Direct Debits on her Account and for you to set them up on your new Current Account. We can't switch anything over because the Account is solely in your wife's name. We can't rename your wife's Account either to your name. There has to be a completely new application to set up an Account in your name.

I have attached a link here to our Current Account Application page which also contains all relevant information you might want to know before you open the Account. An Account can also be opened over the phone on 1890 35 44 54 or in a Bank of Ireland Branch.

Many Thanks

John
    OK, thanks for the info John, 
    BTW, is there a way to export DD details from Banking365 to make it easier to be able to provide suppliers with necessary details in order to notify them of account change? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: John

OK, thanks for the info John, 
    BTW, is there a way to export DD details from Banking365 to make it easier to be able to provide suppliers with necessary details in order to notify them of account change? 

Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for getting back to us.

There is no function on 365 online to export your DD details. To get this information you need to login to the 365 online Account, go to the transactions, scroll through the transactions until you find the Direct Debit, there will be a small + in the corner, Click the + symbol next to the direct debit, to view the details. This will have all the information that the suppliers need.

Many Thanks.

John

Advertisement