Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alloy refurb, Dublin

• 07-06-2019 10:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭

Asked this in the motors chat, might get more views here.

I need to get my alloys refurbed, front two fairly scuffed and rear could do with a touch up too. Wheel wizards or Rim Solutions? Both are close enough to me and I hear both do good work.

Anyone ever use both?

Comments

i rang wheel wizards once and they told me to drop the car over but the couldn't guarantee they would have a spare set of wheels for me.
    Rang (the unfortunately named ) rim solutions and they were dead sound.
    Got my 18" monza diamond cut over a year ago and they are still like new (well 3 of them are :mad)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭VegetaIRL8e

Have only ever used Rim Solutions, very good guys, sound and quick turn around with a spare wheel

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Have only ever used Rim Solutions, very good guys, sound and quick turn around with a spare wheel

How much did the refurb cost? All 4 of mine need to be done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Can't go wrong with either of them. Both do super work

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    How much did the refurb cost? All 4 of mine need to be done

power coat or diamond cut?
    I think mine was 550/600 18" diamond cut

-i think it was 500 + 50e to fix one buckle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭testarossa40

+1 Rim Solutions

2x 18" diamond cuts refurbed last month for €320 - excellent results though, & loaners supplied for the week.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

+1 Rim Solutions

2x 18" diamond cuts refurbed last month for €320 - excellent results though, & loaners supplied for the week.

Jaysus I'd double the value of my car doing that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Xpro

Try Route 66 aswell. Do they do a nice job aswell.

Rim Solutions gone very very expensive. They wanted guts of €800 for a diamond cut and some straightening.

Route 66 charged €595 for the same job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I'd go with Wheel Wizards if I were you Wailin based on my experience of them. My boss got his 635CSi alloys done by Rim Solutions. They charged over €700 and IMO they did a crap job. They painted the polished lip rather than polishing it like they were asked to. Haven't a clue what was going on with them that day.

I got my 335i alloys done by them a few years ago and it looked like they bought me a new set from Joe Duffy:

10330259_10202955231575307_6120625477742475028_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_oc=AQkkSgjnbTEpiZUthAbPP2jOmj5zqB7pD6ullxpmCuHFcoZVF_CveJmv-8503fHHO4A&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=3aaf0947717c2d0f4f51069c1f45aa5c&oe=5DBC1E26

Pic doesn't really do it justice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Plus 1 for Wheel Wizards.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Wheel Wizards get my vote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭Wailin

Cheers lads, I'll go with wheel wizards. I find it difficult to get the car booked in with them since I need spare alloys while mine are being done. They also don't seem to get back to you either as to when spare alloys become available. I contacted them 2 weeks ago and nothing since. On that front I hear rim solutions can't be faulted. I will persist with wheel wizards though, since their work is top class from all reports.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Wailin wrote: »
    Cheers lads, I'll go with wheel wizards. I find it difficult to get the car booked in with them since I need spare alloys while mine are being done. They also don't seem to get back to you either as to when spare alloys become available. I contacted them 2 weeks ago and nothing since. On that front I hear rim solutions can't be faulted. I will persist with wheel wizards though, since their work is top class from all reports.

The kids in there are old school. No social media or anything. The wonky way is to call them or drop in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭MarkN

Another WW user here. Haven't used Rim, heard great things too but having used Wizards, I wouldn't see the need to go elsewhere. The wheel was as good as a factory wheel. Literally zero imperfections that I could notice anyway. It was 100 quid per 20 inch wheel and they had spares to keep me on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭satnavadays

I’ve gone with Rim Solutions previously and although initially happy, after a few months the wheel got a chip. I brought it back and was told it was likely a stone chip however, it has chipped twice since. I did go to Wheel Wizards at the time and they were more than helpful but went with Rim Solutions as the location suited me best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

7xwVxTB.jpg

Another +1 for Wheel Wizards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Bit further away, but Donegal Powder coating in Letterkenny is another crowd that do returns and diamond cutting. Did a set of 18s for me, excellent results. I had an issue with 2 of the wheels which they rectified no issues. Great results. Nice bit cheaper than the Dublin ones mentioned, but then again you'd have to factor transport into it. Pictures aren't great from a poor camera I had at the time

Snapchat-817399326.jpg

Snapchat-1446257625.jpg

Advertisement