Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to join a running club

• 07-06-2019 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭

I would love to join a running club (at a beginner's level). I'm living in Cabinteely. Does anybody know of any in the area?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    I would love to join a running club (at a beginner's level). I'm living in Cabinteely. Does anybody know of any in the area?

Bray Runners meet Tuesday & Thursday @ 7.00 Main Gate Shanganagh Park and at 9.00 on Sunday morning. Caters for all abilities. Very friendly bunch of people. New members are always welcome. Come along and try it out for a couple of weeks before deciding if you would like to join.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Bray Runners meet Tuesday & Thursday @ 7.00 Main Gate Shanganagh Park and at 9.00 on Sunday morning. Caters for all abilities. Very friendly bunch of people. New members are always welcome. Come along and try it out for a couple of weeks before deciding if you would like to join.

Thanks Glencarrig! I will aim to come along on Tuesday evening. Is it alright to just show up or do I need to contact someone first to let them know I'm going to come along and try it out? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Alias G

Do Cabinteely AC have an adult section? They use the running track at kilbogget and have some facilities by Seapoint rugby.

Thanks Glencarrig! I will aim to come along on Tuesday evening. Is it alright to just show up or do I need to contact someone first to let them know I'm going to come along and try it out? Thanks

Just turn up, tell them Michael sent you !!. You can ask for Jean or Peter who usually lead the groups. This Tuesday there is a 1 mile time trial, open to everybody but dont get frightened off by it, they will give you an accurate time for your mile, something for you to work on. There is no charge for this. Let me know how you get on.

Just turn up, tell them Michael sent you !!. You can ask for Jean or Peter who usually lead the groups. This Tuesday there is a 1 mile time trial, open to everybody but dont get frightened off by it, they will give you an accurate time for your mile, something for you to work on. There is no charge for this. Let me know how you get on.

The 1 mile time trial will kick off at 7.30. It is open to anybody who wants to have a go or are thinking about joining a running club. It will use the same route as the Goal Christmas mile so will start in the field nearest the main road on the 2nd path in.

• Advertisement

The 1 mile time trial will kick off at 7.30. It is open to anybody who wants to have a go or are thinking about joining a running club. It will use the same route as the Goal Christmas mile so will start in the field nearest the main road on the 2nd path in.

Thanks! Not exactly sure where that is but will go early and make sure I find it. Hopefully I'm not the slowest runner there!!

Thanks! Not exactly sure where that is but will go early and make sure I find it. Hopefully I'm not the slowest runner there!!

I can guarantee you wont be !

Got on ok! I wasn't as fast as a lot of the others. Did it in 10m29s. I'm more out of practice than I realised!

Got on ok! I wasn't as fast as a lot of the others. Did it in 10m29s. I'm more out of practice than I realised!

Well done, glad you had a go at it. I quit running for 27 years and came back to it and Jesus it hurt. Back to absolute basics and bit by bit I improved. Consistency is the key to improving. Just try to get out on a regular basis and perhaps after building a base of miles you can throw in something a bit quicker, say running faster for one minute and jog for two, repeat a few times and you will be surprised at how your pace will improve.

Advertisement