Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grattan Wood Donaghmede

Options
  • 07-06-2019 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,

I'm looking at buying an apartment in Grattan Wood, Donaghmede.

I have heard rumors there may be infrastructural issues with the blocks and I m just wondering if anyone knows anything?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

not sure about Grattan Wood as they were built several years before Priory Hall beside them which had the major problems

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Haithabu

Hi all,

I'm looking at buying an apartment in Grattan Wood, Donaghmede.

I have heard rumors there may be infrastructural issues with the blocks and I m just wondering if anyone knows anything?

Cheers
    How did that work out. I am planning to buy an apartment in Grattan Wood. I saw a lot of "for sale" signs there today and wonder if anything is wrong with the infrastructure there. I could see nothing wrong today but it is remarkable to see so many "for sale signs"

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Shiv2020

Haithabu wrote: »
    How did that work out. I am planning to buy an apartment in Grattan Wood. I saw a lot of "for sale" signs there today and wonder if anything is wrong with the infrastructure there. I could see nothing wrong today but it is remarkable to see so many "for sale signs"

Hi Haithabu, I was sale agreed on an apartment there last year and pulled out last minute as my solicitor received a copy of the most recent fire safety audit where there is major structural issues. It's shocking that the estate agents don't make this known to people before they go through the whole process. Thankfully I received this before signing contracts. Avoid buying here, unless you want to be hit with a massive bill for the fire safety works.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Haithabu

Shiv2020 wrote: »
    Hi Haithabu, I was sale agreed on an apartment there last year and pulled out last minute as my solicitor received a copy of the most recent fire safety audit where there is major structural issues. It's shocking that the estate agents don't make this known to people before they go through the whole process. Thankfully I received this before signing contracts. Avoid buying here, unless you want to be hit with a massive bill for the fire safety works.
    Thanks a lot. Yes, the vendor advised of a large bill in connection to a fire safety audit. I would still buy an apartment there once I can be sure that is the final figure. I would just be a bit concerned that this might not be the end of it. If the required standard is met after the works, it's ok. If there will be works every year now and possibly the whole place will be evacuated like Priory Hall it is a different story.

Again thanks a lot, that was very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Shiv2020

Haithabu wrote: »
    Thanks a lot. Yes, the vendor advised of a large bill in connection to a fire safety audit. I would still buy an apartment there once I can be sure that is the final figure. I would just be a bit concerned that this might not be the end of it. If the required standard is met after the works, it's ok. If there will be works every year now and possibly the whole place will be evacuated like Priory Hall it is a different story.

Again thanks a lot, that was very helpful.

You're welcome. Hope it all works out for you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement