Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Centralish Place To Stay

Options
  • 07-06-2019 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭

Looking at seeing Cork again and up the famous hill :D and out to Fota Island so be there for two days in July

Had an Airbnb place and went to book and not available for second day

Any recommendations of a good good guest house to normal hotel
    Car parking needed, if cheap stay then can factor in paying for parking
    Near city, I think airbnb was near cinema or about ten minutes walk

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

There can be good deals in The Metropole, especially if it's midweek. My folks stay there pretty often when they come down. Parking included and you're right by the hilly bit. July might be a bit peak rate though

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Maldron hotel on South Mall, Clayton bit further down. Unsure on prices, but might be ok midweek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Kinlay Hostel as well according to my mam. They have private rooms as well as dorms. Not quite as central but only 5-10 from town on foot.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Kingsley Hotel is 5-10 mins walk away. Nice breakfast. Cork City is nice and compact so you're never far from anywhere anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

Weepsie wrote: »
    Kingsley Hotel is 5-10 mins walk away. Nice breakfast. Cork City is nice and compact so you're never far from anywhere anyway

5-10 mins walk from where? Googlemaps says it's a 40 minute walk to Bridge Street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

5-10 mins walk from where? Googlemaps says it's a 40 minute walk to Bridge Street.

UCC’s Western Gateway maybe, otherwise the Kingsley is a 20 minute walk into Patrick st at a decent pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Thanks for the suggestions, ended up booking the Blarney Stone guesthouse, e278 with parking and breakfast and kinda ok walk to city

Going to Killarney on Saturday and Sunday was cheaper then some hotels for a Monday and Tuesday in Cork (parking seems to be a brucie bonus you've to pay for)

UCC’s Western Gateway maybe, otherwise the Kingsley is a 20 minute walk into Patrick st at a decent pace.

It’s a lot more than 20 mins walk from Patrick street to Kingsley’s, I wouldn’t even class it as walkable tbh. Anytime I’ve gone there from town I’ve got at taxi (assuming I didn’t have the car with me). I say it’s a 35 min walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

It’s a lot more than 20 mins walk from Patrick street to Kingsley’s, I wouldn’t even class it as walkable tbh. Anytime I’ve gone there from town I’ve got at taxi (assuming I didn’t have the car with me). I say it’s a 35 min walk.

Maybe I should have said very decent pace.

I used to walk beyond it (twice a day for four years) when I lived in town.

Advertisement