Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glasnevin/Drumcondra/Dublin 9 schools

Options
  • 07-06-2019 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Just wondering if anybody is familiar with schools in the Glasnevin/Drumcondra area? We are new to the area and I'm not sure where to send our son to school! (he is 14 months) Should we register him immediate for national schools ? what options available ? And then secondary schools - what options available ? when should we register ?

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭harry999

Any ideas on this please..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Talk to neighbours who have children, visit the nearest schools to you.
    Check education.ie for inspection reports.

Seems to me mad early to be thinking about secondary school.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

I would put his name down now.Not to many places in school unless you are in the catchment area.We are in Finglas and places are short so I’d imagine so would Glasnevin.Any particular school?Hope you don’t say scarier Heart I know the list is very long for that school.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

I know as soon as your child enters first class in primary they take your name in Dominican College Griffith ave secondary school as a couple of parents are doing this from my child’s creche..mental :eek: your still not guaranteed a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭starbaby2003

Apparently this is a very highly rated school. https://scoilmobhi.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

We live in drumcondra and are originally from here also. Our son is due to start in pats next year. This school is next door to pats teaching college. All my family went there and now my nephews also.

Nice children. Good staff.

We put our sons name down when he was 2 weeks old and already they had 2 a4 pages full of names for his year. I would pop names down asap.

My husband went to scoil Mobhi. He loved it.

Advertisement