Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schools in Castleknock area

Options
  • 07-06-2019 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Just wondering if anybody is familiar with schools in the Cstleknock area?(we living in Collegefort) We are new to the area and I'm not sure where to send our son to school! (he is 14 months) Should we register him immediately for national schools ? what options available ? And then secondary schools - what options available ? when should we register ?

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Seanie_H

harry999 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Just wondering if anybody is familiar with schools in the Cstleknock area?(we living in Collegefort) We are new to the area and I'm not sure where to send our son to school! (he is 14 months) Should we register him immediately for national schools ? what options available ? And then secondary schools - what options available ? when should we register ?

Thanks a lot!

That's the admission policy for the local Catholic schools (St. Mochtas and Saint Patrick's) I don't think you can register "early"
    http://www.stpatricksns.ie/policies.php

Scoil Cholim is similar to an Educate Together but is a different 'all religion' ethos if I understand right.

Secondary.... No idea. Somebody will know better but Castleknock Community College does well in national standings. You've Luttrellstown CC and Coolmine CC close by too. Fee paying secondary schools are up the back road, boys Castleknock College or girls Mount Anville.

Very well placed in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Seanie_H wrote: »
    That's the admission policy for the local Catholic schools (St. Mochtas and Saint Patrick's) I don't think you can register "early"

Scoil Cholim is similar to an Educate Together but is a different 'all religion' ethos if I understand right.

Secondary.... No idea. Somebody will know better but Castleknock Community College does well in national standings. You've Luttrellstown CC and Coolmine CC close by too. Fee paying secondary schools are up the back road, boys Castleknock College or girls Mount Anville.

All great schools. I think you’re in the catchment for St. Patrick’s and then CCC for secondary. You can’t register early for these schools. Around the October before he would start for NS and the September before for secondary. If you want to go private and would like to get him into St Vincent’s Castleknock College then I’d put an application in as soon as possible personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭miss misty

Seanie_H wrote: »

mount Anville is in South County Dublin ....think you mean Mount Sackville

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Collegefort isn't in the catchment area for Patrick's, thinks it's Brigid's.

But you can't register early anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭StoptheClocks

You can register for castleknock educate together now. Their policy is first come first serve.

Here is their website. http://www.cetns.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

If you're in the catchment for Patrick's, take it. It's a great school with an excellent reputation by locals. As for Secondary, Castleknock CC is very innovative and all round great performing school.

All Eyes On Rafah

Advertisement