Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homophobic attack on London bus - mod warning, please see OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

How did we get onto this from the actual thread?

He just kept spamming the thread with islamophobic shìte.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Some people are almost praying that they are Muslims.

and some are praying its not. funny old world.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Why is it the the Fact that Islamic Homophobia exists , cannot be acknowledged .

Living a lie is no way to live Life .

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

blinding wrote: »
    Why is it the the Fact that Islamic Homophobia exists , cannot be acknowledged .

Homophobia exists. Stop trying to bring your angle into it.

Why is it that your so scared of islam you have to shoehorn it into every post on a thread that has nothing to do with islam?

Its almost like you have some sort of agenda:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

dudara wrote: »
    Homophobia exists. Stop trying to bring your angle into it.
    It sure does and so does Islamic Homophobia .

There is more Homophobia in Islamic communities than any where else in Britain .

Do not live a lie . We , In Ireland know how that works out >

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

This might have been dealt with somewhere in the previous 44 pages, thinking of this as homophobic attack sounds weird, don't get me wrong I think it was cowardly, was definitely misogynistic and was motivated by their sexuality. But doesn't homophobia imply, fear, hatred or disgust of homosexuals or homosexual acts, these guys were harassing the women to preform for them, thats not the action of somebody disgusted by female homosexuality the way say a male gay couple are at risk of being bashed because being gay offends offends some scumbags.
    Not really an important distinction but just wonder is there a more accurate term as to me it sounds more like blatant misogyny.

On who the perpetrators are likely to be, spent a while living in London, people keep mentioning black guys and Muslims, I get why there is homophobic stuff among part of the islamic community, but never saw or heard of that demographic causing sh-t on night buses but wasn't a long term resident but isn't that stuff confined more to East London. In terms of the black guys being mentioned would only sit on the bottom floor of the bus if coming home from night out in Brixton and saw/overheard two nasty incidents involving women.

But despite these generalizations I am wondering why people are saying it for this particular incident, they were on a night out in Camden, isn't that a place with one of the whitest going out crowds in London? and its not like lowlifes are exclusively minorities over theres enough of scummy white teenagers too about and did once see white guy hold up a violent picture of a woman being choked on his phone after getting the attention of a random women.

Why is it that your so scared of islam you have to shoehorn it into every post on a thread that has nothing to do with islam?

Its almost like you have some sort of agenda:rolleyes:
    When the other posters admit that Islamic Homophobia is a problem then I will stop .

I admit that there is also Homophobia in the rest of society . Not nearly as bad as Islam mind .

Some Black Rap Artists are very Homophobic also . Should we hide that as well .

Lets just hide stuff that is true .

“That’ll End well "

When the other posters admit that Islamic Homophobia is a problem then I will stop .

I admit that there is also Homophobia in the rest of society . Not nearly as bad as Islam mind .

“That’ll End well "

Still waiting for you to provide evidence for your claims.

Why are you so scared of islam?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Physical Intimidation from Islamic Homophobes .

And what has that to do with the case this thread is about?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Still waiting for you to provide evidence for your claims.

Are you seriously claiming that homophobia is not a problem with Islam? Scroll down to the section on homosexuality here:

https://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/the-worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-morality/

I think that another reason why some people are questioning the religion/race of the perpetrators is because it was not reported. If this was an attack on two black lesbians by white males, their race would be front and centre in the reporting and it would also be framed as a racist and homophobic attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,019 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Why are you afraid of Islamic Violent intimidation ?

Show me the same amount of Homophobia from all of the other religions in Britain .

You are a physical coward . Afraid of the Violence of Islam . They will take your cowardice and give you more Violent Intimidation . It works on cowards .

So have you got facts to support that the majority homophobic attacks are from Islam in England.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭slimpickens

Dante7 wrote: »
    Are you seriously claiming that homophobia is not a problem with Islam? Scroll down to the section on homosexuality here:

https://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/the-worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-morality/

I think that another reason why some people are questioning the religion/race of the perpetrators is because it was not reported. If this was an attack on two black lesbians by white males, their race would be front and centre in the reporting and it would also be framed as a racist and homophobic attack.

That link is scary reading.

So have you got facts to support that the majority homophobic attacks are from Islam in England.

Those stats aren't recorded by the home office, but the latest polls show that 52% of UK Muslims believe that homosexuality should be illegal, compared to 5% of the general population.

Plenty of People in Britain have been the victims of homophobia many of them victims of Islamic Homophobia . If you want to stop Homophobia in Britain then it is necessary to stop Islamic Homophobia .

Stopping Homophobia is very Important . Denying that Islamic Homophobia exists is hiding your head in the sand stuff . It is of course not the only Homophobia but it is a big part of Homophobia in Britain .

Do not let Islam Intimidate you .

Bloody hell you only have 1 line don't you. The poster asked you a direct question and rather then go yes anyone regardless of Race or creed (many states in America ban homesexual rights are they all Islamic). You just say your bit again your a broken record

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

“That’ll End well "

Islamic homophobia has nothing to do with this thread. Get out.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Islamic+Homophobia+in+Britain

Go through the Pages .

Hint . It doesn’t get better for those attempting to deny Homophobia in Islam .

Its actually worse than I though it would be .

Islam is a shockingly Homophobic Religion / Culture .

Homophobia in Britain would be hugely reduced if Islamic Homophobia could be reduced .
    No blinding the onus in on you to post up facts as in articles stats etc not to dump a google search. Did you actually go through them or was it here I will just give this. No religion or any group intimidate me and if they deserve I will but in this particular thread and incident I don't believe the Islam had anything to do with it

Those stats aren't recorded by the home office, but the latest polls show that 52% of UK Muslims believe that homosexuality should be illegal, compared to 5% of the general population.

Noticed a few similarities when reading about that poll, with the stance groups like Iona take in relation to gay people and items like ssm. While most Irish people ignore groups like Iona, the ones who don't would agree with returning homosexuality to being illegal.

The race/religion of an attacker isn't normally reported on when they are under 18 and the police have suspects in custody.

DubInMeath wrote: »
    The race/religion of an attacker isn't normally reported on when they are under 18 and the police have suspects in custody.

Religion wouldn't be reported, but ethnicity could be. The police didn't have suspects in custody at the time it was initially reported and wouldn't have known the ages. In fact, one of the suspects is 18. Do you think if this attack was carried out by four white youths on two black lesbians that the race of the attackers wouldn't be mentioned. I am not saying that the attackers are definitely non-white, but that is the suspicion due to the nature of the reporting these days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Kimsang wrote: »
    There is a strong correlation between Khan putting an end to stop and search(because apparently it was a racist practise) and crime exploding in London.

The crime rate has risen countrywide and the rate of rise is larger outside the capital. Correlation doesn’t imply causation.

You’ve brought up logical fallacy. Equating correlation to causation is an example of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

“That’ll End well "

Look if you were talking about something happening in Tower Hamlets or somewhere like that I would understand why your bringing this up.
    This was an incident on a night bus leaving Camden though, its not going to be conservative Islam attitudes being the issue there (and the fact they robbed them afterwards points away from that too doesn't it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

The crime rate has risen countrywide and the rate of rise is larger outside the capital. Correlation doesn’t imply causation.

You’ve brought up logical fallacy. Equating correlation to causation is an example of it.

Does the rest/all of the UK, with record employment and so on, show this trend for knife crime? I.e. Double within 3yrs.

Surely lack of stop & search or other policy decisions since Khan came in (May 2016) must account for something.

UUsnEPK.png

Or would you class this as an 'unexplained phenomenon'

Religion wouldn't be reported, but ethnicity could be. The police didn't have suspects in custody at the time it was initially reported and wouldn't have known the ages. In fact, one of the suspects is 18. Do you think if this attack was carried out by four white youths on two black lesbians that the race of the attackers wouldn't be mentioned. I am not saying that the attackers are definitely non-white, but that is the suspicion due to the nature of the reporting these days.

Yes one of the suspects is 18 and the others are reported as being under 18, hence why it wouldn't be reported.

In your hypothetical scenario, if the police didn't have cctv etc there is a chance that the descriptions of the attackers would be released, as it most likely would have been in this actual case if there wasn't.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Any description of the scūmbag attackers released yet?
    This bit is important

• Registered Users Posts: 41,080 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Any description of the scūmbag attackers released yet?
    This bit is important

More shoehorning

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Does the rest/all of the UK, with record employment and so on, show this trend for knife crime? I.e. Double within 3yrs.

Surely lack of stop & search or other policy decisions since Khan came in (May 2016) must account for something.

Or would you class this as an 'unexplained phenomenon'

Knife crime rates are rising more steeply outside London:

https://www.economist.com/britain/2018/11/08/london-knife-crime-makes-headlines-but-the-big-rise-is-elsewhere

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.standard.co.uk/news/knife-crime-rise-is-steepest-outside-london-police-figures-show-a4088446.html%3famp

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/mar/10/steep-rise-in-knife-outside-london-police-figures-show

More shoehorning

It is important. If it was carried out by people who come from a religion that does not respect or tolerate homosexuality then it needs to be said and addressed.

Why hide from that ?

Why blame society as a whole if it is only one part that is responsible? What are you afraid of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Blueshoe wrote: »
    It is important. If it was carried out by people who come from a religion that does not respect or tolerate homosexuality then it needs to be said and addressed.

Why hide from that ?

Thats basically all religons though?

• Advertisement

_blaaz wrote: »
    Thats basically all religons though?

Not in modern life and you know it.

If people want society to improve and progress then those who discriminate need to be called out. Pretending any different is a step backwards

Advertisement