Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homophobic attack on London bus - mod warning, please see OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Not in modern life and you know it

Meh.....to best of my knowlege no religon has updated to modern times?

Not in modern life and you know it

Really you might want to talk to Iona

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Any description of the scūmbag attackers released yet?
    This bit is important

Expect to be called a racist for asking a simple question.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

_blaaz wrote: »
    Meh.....to best of my knowlege no religon has updated to modern times?

Rubbish. Complete lies.

Homosexuality is normal and equality is expected. How would it go for a gay couple walking holding hands in a Muslim country?

Pretend different if you like but you are only fooling yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 41,080 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It is important. If it was carried out by people who come from a religion that does not respect or tolerate homosexuality then it needs to be said and addressed.

Why hide from that ?

Why blame society as a whole if it is only one part that is responsible? What are you afraid of?

Go on say a few prayers its Muslims...

Have a few more wet dreams that Muslims are homophobes

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Knife crime rates are rising more steeply outside London:

Sure some smaller towns here and there, but as your 1st link stated:

In 2017-18 it (London) accounted for 22% of all murders and 36% of knife crime in England and Wales, though Londoners (only) make up 15% of the population.

The rise started the same time Khan came into office. Guess whaboutery and random unexplained phenomenon are decent enough excuses all the same.

Rubbish

What religon has updated its text or teaching to modern times,specifically in relation to gays??

Your calling my posts rubbish without any effort to stand over your own posts is bizzare and frankly insulting to yourself

Not in modern life and you know it.

If people want society to improve and progress then those who discriminate need to be called out. Pretending any different is a step backwards

So should we be calling you out for stating anyone who is pro choice has forfeited their right to be protected from being murdered by anyone on the pro life side. I think your charlie habit is staring to have an affect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

DubInMeath wrote: »

Really you might want to talk to Iona

Number of people who are members of IONA: 7
    Number of Muslims in UK who think homosexuality should be illegal: 1,300,000

Dante7 wrote: »
    Number of people who are members of IONA: 7
    Number of Muslims in UK who think homosexuality should be illegal: 1,300,000

How many Catholics voted against ssm?

Also the poll was of 1000 Muslims.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Meanwhile, in a similar type of attack (in southern England), unfortunately it seems 'stoning' is making a comeback:

Actors targeted in 'homophobic' attack in Southampton: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-48572800

To address all of the replies in one go.

I don't hope that it was Muslims. I hope that the attackers identities aren't being hidden because they are Muslims.

There are no gay rights in Muslim dominated countries. In western Europe which are traditionally Christian countries we have voted for equality. These are facts.

If Muslims don't believe in gay rights or equality why are you defending them? Makes no sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

DubInMeath wrote: »
    How many Catholics voted against ssm?

Also the poll was of 1000 Muslims.

No idea. Those stats aren't recorded. But trying to equate the attitudes of Western christians with that of Muslims is ridiculous. The only other major religious grouping that comes anyway close would be the the ultra conservative Christian groups in the Bible belt. In the UK, muslims are literally 10 times more likely to be homophobic than the general population.

To address all of the replies in one go.

I don't hope that it was Muslims. I hope that the attackers identities aren't being hidden because they are Muslims.

There are no gay rights in Muslim dominated countries. In western Europe which are traditionally Christian countries we have voted for equality. These are facts.

If Muslims don't believe in gay rights or equality why are you defending them? Makes no sense.

Chrustians dont believe in gay rights (they can vote for it like...but they are essemtially ignoring christian teachings)....calling countries christians countries is somewhat silly :D:D

Only proper christian country is the vactican and thats corrupt as fcuk tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Any description of the scūmbag attackers released yet?
    This bit is important

Why?

Chrustians dont believe in gay rights....calling countries christians countries is somewhat silly :D:D

Only proper christian country is the vactican and thats corrupt as fcuk tbh

Are you saying that Ireland and the Uk are not traditionally Christian?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Sure some smaller towns here and there, but as your 1st link stated:

In 2017-18 it (London) accounted for 22% of all murders and 36% of knife crime in England and Wales, though Londoners (only) make up 15% of the population.

The rise started the same time Khan came into office. Guess whaboutery and random unexplained phenomenon are decent enough excuses all the same.

Actually, I offered no explanation because I don’t have enough information. You, on the other hand, seem quite comfortable with drawing conclusions based on little.

On the crime on which this thread is based, no conclusions can yet be drawn. I’ve seen scrotes of all kinds of backgrounds do shïtty things in my time in Dublin. This could be anyone.

Are you saying that Ireland and the Uk are not traditionally Christian?

Probably were....but not christian anymore...tbh ireland more than any country knows issue caused by religious intolerence

This identifying things via religion is a britiah inspired thing to.help orangemen enforce their bigiotry here

Why?

Because if one section of society is again shown to be attacking gay people it needs to be said and addressed.

Meanwhile, in a similar type of attack (in southern England), unfortunately it seems 'stoning' is making a comeback:

Actors targeted in 'homophobic' attack in Southampton: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-48572800

Over react much?
    when Ms Parkinson was hit by an object - possibly "stones", according to police - apparently thrown from a passing car.

• Advertisement

Probably are....but not christian anymore...tbh ireland more than any countrt knows issue caused by religious intolerence

Probably are. No probably about it.

There are churches in every town and village in Ireland and the Uk .
    We have moved on and have become a more tolerant society. And rightly so.

If one section of society has not then why defend them?

Dante7 wrote: »
    No idea. Those stats aren't recorded. But trying to equate the attitudes of Western christians with that of Muslims is ridiculous. The only other major religious grouping that comes anyway close would be the the ultra conservative Christian groups in the Bible belt. In the UK, muslims are literally 10 times more likely to be homophobic than the general population.

Really because from what I read the poll results would be the same when applied to another religious group.

Again why are there similarities in the opinions expressed by this 1000 Muslims and devout Irish Catholics, should we be looking to have these people should be gotten rid of.

Probably are. No probably about it.

There are churches in every town and village in Ireland and the Uk .
    We have moved on and have become a more tolerant society. And rightly so.

If one section of society has not then why defend them?

Tbh your wanting to identify people via religion which denys gay rights is basically idemtifying all religions

I havnt defended anyone :confused:,where have i ????...just highlighting the fallacy of thinking christian religions arent againeat gay rights

Because if one section of society is again shown to be attacking gay people it needs to be said and addressed.

If they turn out to be black will you start claiming they were racially motivated because the women were white?

Honestly lads the horn some of you have for islam is shamefull.

[quote="_blaaz;110392369"

This identifying things via religion is a britiah inspired thing to.help orangemen enforce their bigiotry here[/quote]

Ah here good luck. Waste of time talking to you.
    You want to be outraged about the attacks but don't want to face up to the fact that there is a certain section of the society who do not believe or want equality and tolerance.

Nothing will ever change as a whole with people ignoring the elephant in the room.

Best of luck. This is pointless.

If they turn out to be black will you start claiming they were racially motivated because the women were white?

Honestly lads the horn some of you have for islam is shamefull.

And if they turn out to be Muslim will you accept that Muslims do not respect gay rights and tolerance?

Ah here good luck. Waste of time talking to you.
    You want to be outraged about the attacks but don't want to face up to the fact that there is a certain section of the society who do not believe or want equality and tolerance.

Nothing will ever change as a whole with people ignoring the elephant in the room.

Best of luck. This is pointless.

Thats right run away when faced with actual facts of all religions being againest gay rights

Its time to ban all religions and just have a state run religion for people that need spirituality

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

In western Europe which are traditionally Christian countries we have voted for equality.

We vote for equality in spite of Christianity not because of it.

And if they turn out to be Muslim will you accept that Muslims do not respect gay rights and tolerance?

Have many gay friends in ireland, several have been abused/attacked by white christians. Does this mean all christians "do not respect gay rights and tolerance"?

• Advertisement

Thats right run away when faced with actual facts of all religions being againest gay rights

Its time to ban all religions and just have a state run religion for people that need spirituality

Again we have moved on. Have you forgotten the equality vote?

Has Islam moved on? What happens to gay people in Muslim countries?

Advertisement