Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homophobic attack on London bus - mod warning, please see OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,019 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Dante7 wrote: »
    Those stats aren't recorded by the home office, but the latest polls show that 52% of UK Muslims believe that homosexuality should be illegal, compared to 5% of the general population.

So 48% do not. Also just because they think its illegal does not mean they will all attack homosexuals. By your thought that would mean 37% of Irish people are guilty of homophobic attacks (amount voted against same sex marriage)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Again we have moved on. Have you forgotten the equality vote?

Has Islam moved on? What happens to gay people in Muslim countries?

So your essentially admitting christians are againest gay rights....if they follow their religion to its teachings??

I dont know enough nor care about islam mate,just highlighting the fallacy of thinking christians care about gay rights

Again we have moved on. Have you forgotten the equality vote?

Has Islam moved on? What happens to gay people in Muslim countries?

We voted for repeal of the 8th also but you have posted that the people who did so should be put against a wall and that they have signed away any right to protection from being murdered.

You sound very much like what your trying to vilify.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

_blaaz wrote: »
    So your essentially admitting christians are againest gay rights....if they follow their religion to its teachings??

I dont know enough nor care about islam mate,just highlighting the fallacy of thinking christians care about gay rights

https://amp-theguardian-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/shortcuts/2018/may/21/the-pope-says-god-made-gay-people-just-as-we-should-be-heres-why-his-comments-matter?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQA#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Fworld%2Fshortcuts%2F2018%2Fmay%2F21%2Fthe-pope-says-god-made-gay-people-just-as-we-should-be-heres-why-his-comments-matter

The pope to a gay man: God made you like this and loves you like this.”

So yes Christianity has moved on.
    Has Islam??

Let's hear it

So why has the church not changed its teachings on equality and gayness???

Until.then you cant say with certainty it has??

Im.somewhat at a loss as to why you think i know or.care about islam teachings ?

Surely someone is allowed highlight sillyness of thinking christians care about gay rights without supporting islam :confused:

• Advertisement

Any description of the scūmbag attackers released yet?
    This bit is important

Why is it important? All but 1 are under 18 so nothing will come out about them as happens regardless of what race etc they are

It is important. If it was carried out by people who come from a religion that does not respect or tolerate homosexuality then it needs to be said and addressed.

Why hide from that ?

Why blame society as a whole if it is only one part that is responsible? What are you afraid of?

Why is an attack carries out by 1 religion more important then another they should be treated all the same? NO?

So why has the church not changed its teachings on equality and gayness???

Until.then you cant say with certainty it has??

Im.somewhat at a loss as to why you think i know or.care about islam teachings ?

Surely someone is allowed highlight sillyness of thinking christians care about gay rights without supporting islam :confused:

Like I said. A waste of time.

Like I said. A waste of time.

By highlighting and pointing out relevant facts is a waste of time....how??

You went looking for info of a religion that deosnt support gay rights and got in whah when pointed out its essentially all religions :pac:

Why is an attack carries out by 1 religion more important then another they should be treated all the same? NO?

You need to read back the posts.

Iv stated that Christianity has moved on towards equality and tolerance while Islam has not.
    I even quoted the Pope.

If one section of society does not respect gay rights then they need to be addressed. Elephant in the room.

Some will bend over backwards to deny it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

So yes Christianity has moved on.
    Has Islam??

Let's hear it

People from an Islamic background have less liberal views on homosexuality than those of a Christian background.

There you go. Now what?

Are you saying that Ireland and the Uk are not traditionally Christian?

Not anymore and this from a Christian but given I voted for gay marriage I better hand in my membership

By highlighting and pointing out relevant facts is a waste of time....how??

You went looking for info of a religion that deosnt support gay rights and got in whah when pointed out its essentially all religions :pac:

Pass over the quote from the Pope like it never happened.
    Meanwhile the grand imam has slammed calls to allow homosexuality as a human right.

Yeah

Not anymore and this from a Christian but given I voted for gay marriage I better hand in my membership

That's not what I'm saying at all.

Il put it simply for you.

Christianity: moved on
    Islam: still in the dark ages

Homophobic attack: blame everyone except those who openly hate gays.

Pass over the quote from the Pope like it never happened.
    Meanwhile the grand imam has slammed calls to allow homosexuality as a human right.

Yeah

Hmm...like i said...has the church changed its teachings??

You really struggling with fact all religious teachings discriminate againest gays....and have a meltdown when pointed out

Dont take the internet so seriously mate

People from an Islamic background have less liberal views on homosexuality than those of a Christian background.

There you go. Now what?

If they want to live in western Europe they need to change their ideas and become tolerant.
    Otherwise nothing changes

Probably are. No probably about it.

There are churches in every town and village in Ireland and the Uk .
    We have moved on and have become a more tolerant society. And rightly so.

If one section of society has not then why defend them?

No 1 is defending any Homophobic it just a few poster like yourself who are trying to shoehorn it into a Islam bashing thread

That's not what I'm saying at all.

Il put it simply for you.

Christianity: moved on
    Islam: still in the dark ages

Homophobic attack: blame everyone except those who openly hate gays.

Christianity hasn't moved on at all it's still a sin to the various Christian religions.

If they want to live in western Europe they need to change their ideas and become tolerant.
    Otherwise nothing changes

Really again can you clarify how your being tolerant when stating that people who voted for repeal of the 8th or who had an abortion have signed away any protection from being murdered?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

If they want to live in western Europe

What if they already live here?
    they need to change their ideas

So you want to police thoughts? People are allowed to have ideas we don't agree with - they're not allowed to act upon them if they're unlawful.
    and become tolerant.

We have laws in place to protect people from intolerance.

Now what?

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Really again can you clarify how your being tolerant when stating that people who voted for repeal of the 8th or who had an abortion have signed away any protection from being murdered?

You've heard of democracy before right?
    The majority decides.

The majority decides.

Unless its a US president election :D

The majority decides.

I do understand democracy
    Can you explain how your being tolerant when you said any one who voted for repeal, or had abortion should be put against a wall?

That's the system they use. Al gore also lost out this way in 2000 to Bush

You need to read back the posts.

Iv stated that Christianity has moved on towards equality and tolerance while Islam has not.
    I even quoted the Pope.

If one section of society does not respect gay rights then they need to be addressed. Elephant in the room.

Some will bend over backwards to deny it.

Nope I fully believe homophobia of all kinds need to be addressed from everyone I am just not going to pick out Islam so you can have your jollies. Also as another poster has shown who is on a trip like you an awful lot of Muslims 48% (i think is was are supporting gay rights)

I have problem with Islam and I have posted in other threads before but again I am not going to bring them up in a specific thread about 2 people getting attacked.

I will throw you a bone. Does the Islam religion teach been gay is wrong yes sure.

HOWEVER that does not mean the only homophobic people are from the Islam religion. Some Christian are homophobic, Some atheists are homophobic, some Protestants are homophobic, hell I have heard some gay people are homophobic as they talk down about bisexual people.

DubInMeath wrote: »
    I do understand democracy
    Can you explain how your being tolerant when you said any one who voted for repeal, or had abortion should be put against a wall?

Put against a wall? What are you talking about.

There was a vote. One side won. That's the system we use. I said no more

Nope I fully believe homophobia of all kinds need to be addressed from everyone I am just not going to pick out Islam so you can have your jollies. Also as another poster has shown who is on a trip like you an awful lot of Muslims 48% (i think is was are supporting gay rights)

I have problem with Islam and I have posted in other threads before but again I am not going to bring them up in a specific thread about 2 people getting attacked.

I will throw you a bone. Does the Islam religion teach been gay is wrong yes sure.

HOWEVER that does not mean the only homophobic people are from the Islam religion. Some Christian are homophobic, Some atheists are homophobic, some Protestants are homophobic, hell I have heard some gay people are homophobic as they talk down about bisexual people.

I agree.

Babum Tish

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

Faugheen wrote: »
    There we have it folks, a girl was 'cheeky' so deserved a racially motivated attack.

Another bigot who has done nothing but bitch and moan about people categorising it as a homophobic attack and shown no compassion for two women being viciously beaten.

Also, mods can ban whoever they want for whatever they want. Boards isn't a democracy and you have no rights here.

If you had an ounce of intelligence you might be dangerous.
    Since context doesn't matter in your world, please kindly don't quote anything I say and then twist my words, thanks pet.

Advertisement