Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homophobic attack on London bus - mod warning, please see OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,019 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

What planet are you living on?

Off course it's relevant to the assault.

So what is the relevance. Could people of different race/color just be things without a racial aspect

Like Jessie Smolett was assaulted for being gay? This is receiving a suspiciously large amount of coverage despite being incredibly scant on details. I think it is healthy to have a certain level of scepticism and curiosity. And I think you will find that no one for one second would disagree in expressing disgust and anger at those girls being randomly assaulted.

I think someone needs to read up on Jessie Smolett attack there is a big reason for the attention. E.g. he may have faked it also he is famous

• Registered Users Posts: 17,092 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Off course it's relevant to the assault.

You'd rather it to be a racist attack rather than a homophobic attack?

How is that better or worse for the victims?

How does it change anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Other than providing a description to the police how is it?

That seems pretty relevant to me.

But you did not start off with what is the point of these threads. You started off giving out they did not tell you the enithecity in the piece. It was only after people disagreed with you and asked what you meant by it at to stop speaking in riddles you started the crap of what is the point of the thread so come on and tell us straight what you mean be straight with us.

i think you have me quite muddled with another poster tbh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

I think someone needs to read up on Jessie Smolett attack there is a big reason for the attention. E.g. he may have faked it also he is famous

There's a lot of hype around this with flimsy details despite there being CCTV. We only have the girls stories and no other eye witnesses giving quotes...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Nobelium

people are assaulted worse than this every day of the week on buses in cities and it doesn't make any news.

That seems pretty relevant to me.

Wow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    You'd rather it to be a racist attack rather than a homophobic attack?

How is that better or worse for the victims?

How does it change anything?

I'd like a good description of the perpetrators who committed this attack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

There was a time when blatantly racist posters like this wouldn't last a day on here, let alone a whole month. The mods have allowed After Hours to turn into a cesspit.

You still annoyed that I called out your BS misogyny claims yesterday? You need to get out more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Allinall

Nobelium wrote: »
    people are assaulted worse than this every day of the week on buses in cities and it doesn't make any news.

Is there a hidden point there somewhere?

Allinall wrote: »
    Is there a hidden point there somewhere?

kinda baffling why this made international news, there's worse assaults, murders and rapes on public transport in cities every day of the week, and no one gives a shyte about those victims

Sickening. Why do we lets these bigots into the West when they would rather stone us than tolerate us?

Nobelium wrote:
    kinda baffling why this made international news, there's worse assaults, murders and rapes on public transport in cities every day of the week, and no one gives a shyte about those victims

Not so baffling if you think that someone thought it important enough to post here & we are already 20 pages in on my phone. Seems to be plenty of interest tbh

Sickening. Why do we lets these bigots into the West when they would rather stone us than tolerate us?

They are in Galway now? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Hedgelayer

I think it's awful that people's sexuality has to be used in this instance.

Back in the day a lot of thugs called lads who weren't gay fgs and qeers etc

I was often called a f@g because I was a bit of a pretty boy.

Got hidings in Discos because I was getting slow sets and snogs with the attractive looking girls, obviously to the bullies I was a f@g because I have high cheekbones and nice hair....styles..

Now I'm interested in guy's and yes I'm what they suggested I was...

A f@g so what....

I think it's disgusting people have to get all upset because these ladies are gay...

Being a gay man I can handle myself, no better guy than to man up and give back more than I can take....

I'm a rugged tatoooed bearded Gay man, but I consider myself a man wholeheartedly....

I say fck you to anyone who feels sorry for me or think I'm a minority... I don't think anyone's homophobic, just ignorant and lack awareness...

I'm a homosexul, gay man..

I love men and enjoy the company of women as friends.

I'm gay

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Hedgelayer

Exactly well said dude or dudess...

I think it's sad using one's sexuality to get sympathy....

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Hobosan

Scum like this will attack anyone for any reason provided they outnumber you.

Perhaps these girls aren't used to being attacked and thought they were being targeted for their sexuality, but most males will know that once scum like this say one word to you, without knowing a thing about you, you're already in danger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

In 1998, the separate murders in the US of James Byrd Jr. and Matthew Shepard made international news because they were perceived to be hate crimes. Whilst in retrospect, the motives behind Shepard’s murder aren’t clear, Byrd’s death was a straight up hate crime of shocking brutality. Think of how many murders there would have been in the US that year. Was it right that these crimes got the attention? I’m not sure. But it doesn’t seem wrong. In the UK, a decade ago, the New Cross murders got huge amounts of attention, again for their brutality. Not the only murders that year in the UK, naturally.

Some crimes capture the imagination. This assault is far less serious than the above crimes but the distributed photo is visceral and upsetting. Anyone who has been mugged or accosted or been made to feel vulnerable in public will immediately feel for those women. And it seems they were singled out because their sexuality caught the attention of these scrotes. It’s worth highlighting.

• Advertisement

In 1998, the separate murders in the US of James Byrd Jr. and Matthew Shepard made international news because they were perceived to be hate crimes. Whilst in retrospect, the motives behind Shepard’s murder aren’t clear, Byrd’s death was a straight up hate crime of shocking brutality. Think of how many murders there would have been in the US that year. Was it right that these crimes got the attention? I’m not sure. But it doesn’t seem wrong. In the UK, a decade ago, the New Cross murders got huge amounts of attention, again for their brutality. Not the only murders that year in the UK, naturally.

Some crimes capture the imagination. This assault is far less serious than the above crimes but the distributed photo is visceral and upsetting. Anyone who has been mugged or accosted or been made to feel vulnerable in public will immediately feel for those women. And it seems they were singled out because their sexuality caught the attention of these scrotes. It’s worth highlighting.

again, still not seeing the reason, there's worse assaults, murders and rapes on public transport in cities every day of the week, and again, no one gives a shyte about those victims

again, still not seeing the reason, there's worse assaults, murders and rapes on public transport in cities every day of the week, and no one gives a shyte about those victims

And, in the case of the above murders, there were likely other brutal murders committed in those years in the respective countries. You can’t see any reason why any of these crimes were highlighted? The randomness of the brutality perhaps?

i think you have me quite muddled with another poster tbh
    Apologise I did.

And, in the case of the above murders, there were likely other brutal murders committed in those years in the respective countries. You can’t see any reason why any of these crimes were highlighted? The randomness of the brutality perhaps?

I can't see why worse crimes committed on public transport every day of the week and the victims are ignored, but this is somehow unusual rare and special enough to make international news ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Nikki Sixx

Hobosan wrote: »
    Scum like this will attack anyone for any reason provided they outnumber you.

Perhaps these girls aren't used to being attacked and thought they were being targeted for their sexuality, but most males will know that once scum like this say one word to you, without knowing a thing about you, you're already in danger.

This was my point also, their homosexuality was not the main reason for targeting them. They were looking for soft targets, any soft targets.

I'd like a good description of the perpetrators who committed this attack.

Why are you a member of the Met?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 499 ✭✭SirGerryAdams

Ah yeah I forgot that Islam is the official religion in Spain, very silly of me.

It's not like muslims will be feeling sorry for these people anyways.

I can't see why worse crimes committed on public transport every day of the week and the victims are ignored, but this is somehow unusual rare and special enough to make international news ?

What are these worse crimes? What are the stats in the UK?

It's not like muslims will be feeling sorry for these people anyways.

It's not like most of the posters wanting to know the skin colour/ethnicity of the attackers do either.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 499 ✭✭SirGerryAdams

Why has this made international news anyways? It's an assault. There's murders that don't even make the news so I wonder why this made it. The picture has something to do with it I suppose!

Advertisement