Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Reservoir Dog Sportive 2019 - September15th.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Great to see the signs on the commute home last night. Youse can leave the passing distance on the entrance to Roundwood village for all the local idiots if you want...
    as I tend to drink quite a lot after an event.
    Me too. Water bottles, not so much though... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

jamesd wrote: »
    Thanks very much for checking that, no to convince the wife and kids for a weekend away in the campervan .

If you've a campervan theres also a few car parks on the lake shore where Ive seen campervans at night. Not sure of legalities but people do it. Theres one lay by with lots of parking only about 2km south of Russborough House on the left hand side, its got a nice view over the lake too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭jamesd

Muahahaha wrote: »
    If you've a campervan theres also a few car parks on the lake shore where Ive seen campervans at night. Not sure of legalities but people do it. Theres one lay by with lots of parking only about 2km south of Russborough House on the left hand side, its got a nice view over the lake too.

That would be handy, save me cycling in from the campsite in the morning, I have the family with me in the camper for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Guys I am looking for an entry to the Dog for a good friend if anyone knows of any not going to be used.
    Ta

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

jamesd wrote: »
    That would be handy, save me cycling in from the campsite in the morning, I have the family with me in the camper for the weekend.

Sent you a PM with some info

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

koutoubia wrote: »
    Guys I am looking for an entry to the Dog for a good friend if anyone knows of any not going to be used.
    Ta

Have to work this weekend so can't make it and have an entry for the 125k available. Your friend is welcome to it if they still need it. Ask him/her to send the face value or whatever they can afford to the Simon community and I'll send it on to you by PM.

Thanks,
    He may well be sorted but will keep it in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭coastwatch

smacl wrote: »
    Have to work this weekend so can't make it and have an entry for the 125k available. Your friend is welcome to it if they still need it. Ask him/her to send the face value or whatever they can afford to the Simon community and I'll send it on to you by PM.

Hi, I’ll take entry if available. Happy to send value to Simon.
    Thanks

coastwatch wrote: »
    Hi, I’ll take entry if available. Happy to send value to Simon.
    Thanks

I'll give koutoubia until the end of the day to come back, then its yours.

I am sorted.
    Go ahead with your black market trade.
    Thanks again

• Advertisement

koutoubia wrote: »
    I am sorted.
    Go ahead with your black market trade.
    Thanks again

Good stuff. Coastwatch, if you PM me your email address I'll send the PDF ticket on to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Corker1

Hi guys, By all means swap tickets. We don't really have the time to manage a swap system ourselves. But we would ask that when you sign-on on the morning of the event you let the person on the desk know and that you provide revised contact and Emergency contact information in case we need to use it on the day. Please also be aware that if you get an enrty from a CI rider and you are not a member of CI you may not be covered by event insurance.

Ticket sent on to Coastwatch. @Corker1 it is a non-CI member 125k ticket which includes insurance so no need to worry on that account.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

smacl wrote: »
    insurance so no need to worry on that account.

Remember, this doesn't cover stuff enroute to the event :pac: :(

I'll get there eventually!

Weepsie wrote: »
    Remember, this doesn't cover stuff enroute to the event :pac: :(

I'll get there eventually!

Planes, trains and automobiles. And bicycles!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Is there any fruit/snacks/chocolate at the water stops, or is it just water? Just trying to gauge how much food to bring with me for the 125 km.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Corker1

Is there any fruit/snacks/chocolate at the water stops, or is it just water? Just trying to gauge how much food to bring with me for the 125 km.

Bananas, Biscuits and Water.

Is there anyone driving from d15/11 tomorrow who could take an extra body and bike?

Or anywhere within maybe 30 mins probably by bike.

I've the go ahead to go, but need transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭LennoxR

I've picked up a knee injury and can't do it. So if anyone wants a last minute entry give me a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Corker1 wrote: »
    Bananas, Biscuits and Water.

Thanks!

• Advertisement

LennoxR wrote: »
    I've picked up a knee injury and can't do it. So if anyone wants a last minute entry give me a pm

Gone ? , if not I'll message a friend to see if he can make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭the boss of me

LennoxR wrote: »
    Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Weepsie wrote: »
    Is there anyone driving from d15/11 tomorrow who could take an extra body and bike?

Or anywhere within maybe 30 mins probably by bike.

I've the go ahead to go, but need transport.
    Weepsie - I can pick you up in Santry/Ballymun if that suits.

Weepsie - I can pick you up in Santry/Ballymun if that suits.

Thanks WBA, I've had to withdraw my attendance and left my bike in Blanchardstown foolishly anyway as I'm just moving at the moment back to Glasnevin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Gosh, pity it wasn't yesterday!!! Roll of the ol weather dice.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭lochdara

Corker nice to meet you today.. Our 3rd amigo showed up just after you left thankfully. Almost got me a free wheel for my trainer..
    It was a great day and everyone should attend next year. Just home and ready for a nice cold bulmers.

Currently fundraising for Irish Motor Neurone Disease Association

In Memory of my fab Wife www.sinsin.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Great day today, did the 65km as had done the Peter Mc Verry 147km on Saturday. Great to meet you corker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Well done to all the Resevoir Cogs and their support today. Great but tough course. Never did this sportif before but deffo back next year. Met a few boardsies including Donal, Nameless Phil and Detones.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Great day on the bike - thanks to all involved. Strangely, I found it much easier this year than previous years, despite the weather. I took my time on the climbs and had plenty left in the tank at the end.

• Advertisement

Did the Pup , lovely route. Cycled with some members from Dunshaughlin CC - thanks for taking in a Portumna CC memebr for the day.

Advertisement