Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's Pearse Park, Drogheda like as an area to live in?

• 07-06-2019 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

We are considering buying a house in the area but we don't know anyone who has first hand experience of living there. Does anyone know if it's a good area and can tell us what it's like living there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭appleb

I have lived there for over 15 years now and I really like it. I was a ‘blow-in’ and I think the neighbors were originally wary of me as it was all locals that lived there. This has gradually changed throughout the years. It is really handy to everything- shop/post office, pharmacy, chipper, hairdresser, service station etc all on your doorstep and a 10 min walk down town for restaurants. Suits me perfectly. I don’t have children so cannot comment on how it is for young families. If you have any specific questions, please feel free to PM me!

It's a very matured area. I'd live there in a heartbeat.

My Granny/Nana/whatever term you prefer (dad's parents) lived there so i spent a bit of time there growing up and occasionally visit from time to time, and I never, ever hear of any trouble or hassle. I'm not saying there isn't any - it could be the worst estate in the world, but if it is; it's a well-kept secret.

The only issue I see with it, is that a lot of the residents will be dying off as the age group there is so old, and I reckon that may lead to an influx of new tenants and younger families. Which can be good or bad, depending on how you view it.

Advertisement