Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Progress?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,785 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The last few weeks of applications are at the level required - but there have been months with virtually none. This level needs to continue for years and they actually need to progress to construction too.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

450 houses; https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/uploads.aws.dotser.net/uploads/ba/barnhallplanning.ie/barnhall-planning/files/0300/7e5b7f435f6f043f8c63deb46d8657e1cc83/architectural-design-statement.pdf

Machinery is now in place, there are mounds of muck, as they have begun digging for the foundations. Areas fenced off, etc. Have seen people out there at 7am; they want to get the building started ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I think the corner is turned and we are ramping up with actual projects on the ground building houses. But in my own area Cork City (now keep in mind Cork prices are not dublin prices) new small 3 bed semis can be 320K+ starting price. Certainly not too many first time buyers can borrow that sort of money, but more houses on the market will free up other places.

In my own line of work i am seeing alot of interest in the last few months from developers looking at apartment schemes in Cork which there have been essentially zero developed in the last decade. The huge amount of student accomodation being built in the city also should free up some of the rental market for workers again.

So there is a change there alright on the ground. But it will take years for the market to normalise in any real fashion.

Advertisement