Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flat rate fee estate agents

Options
  • 08-06-2019 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭

Anyone uses or know anyone that's used the likes of Moovingo? Any opinions?

Traditional estate agents fees seem crazy for the work involved, these flat rate guys do the whole lot for about 70% less. In addition, the process is fully transparent so vendor sees all offers made.

Any drawbacks?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Never used them but not all EA's are equal.
    My EA did about 20 individual viewings until we found a buyer.
    Money well spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Dolbhad

cojomo2 wrote: »
    Anyone uses or know anyone that's used the likes of Moovingo? Any opinions?

Traditional estate agents fees seem crazy for the work involved, these flat rate guys do the whole lot for about 70% less. In addition, the process is fully transparent so vendor sees all offers made.

Any drawbacks?
    Thanks

There was a thread that covered something similar recently

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057912683/7/#post109979379

I had viewed a property as a purchaser with an online place selling it. I was not impressed. Sales person was a college student who’s only job was to take my name and email address to follow up but they never did. Had no knowledge about the property and didn’t ask anything of me i.e. did I have approval in principle etc. They were not weeding out the time wasters. Had seen on gumtree they were looking for sales person €10 an hour for the role. I thought you get what you pay for.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Askthe EA

cojomo2 wrote: »
    Traditional estate agents fees seem crazy for the work involved

Lol, and this is why these platforms have never worked as yet here.

Come wear my shoes for a month and tell me the fees are crazy for the work involved......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Flat rate fees are great if you don't want your agent to have any incentive to get you the best price possible.

Advertisement