Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

When two people are arguing a point on here and one usually roles out the whole “I studied this for a while, I should know” line as a trump card, when it’s totally obvious they studied naaa’tn.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Kivaro wrote: »
    Huh?

It was a few years ago on a Cork to Dublin bus.
    A man well into his fifties brought a toilet bowl in a bag onto the bus and sat at the back.
    The bag was clear and it looked wet inside.

I hope that makes sense!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,920 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

When two people are arguing a point on here and one usually roles out the whole “I studied this for a while, I should know†line as a trump card, when it’s totally obvious they studied naaa’tn.

"It's my not-at-all transparent attempt to legitimise opinions I'm blatantly pulling out of my hole."

It's almost, I dunno, philosophical...

When two people are arguing a point on here and one usually roles out the whole “I studied this for a while, I should know” line as a trump card, when it’s totally obvious they studied naaa’tn.

An attempt to legitimize an ignorant stance, usually.

I should know, I've studied these things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Only seeing this now. Yes, I did. See above. That smell of burning is me.

Ah ****, sorry to hear that :(, ring them back and tell them I called them a stupid prick

• Advertisement

_blaaz wrote: »
    Stupid womens world cup on TV

They only let stupid women play?

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Whichever dickhead in my office had the air conditioning set to 16 degrees.

Dial Hard for making the office too hot today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Hotel rooms with no soundproofing :(

When one asks one's chap to pick up some nice bikkies on the way home, and after stewing in a soup of anticipation for an hour one is presented with two packets of Oreos.

Bloody Oreos.

I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed.

When I work nowhere near a shop and am mad for crisps.

I knew my wife was out yesterday and today but I get texts to say I have to be home as early as possible so no time for shops.

I have the kids but its too close to bedtime to get to shops and back.

I will be in Tesco before they open at this rate!!

• Advertisement

Waking up with the plaster my boyfriend had on his foot yesterday hanging out of my hair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Shemale wrote: »
    They only let stupid women play?

Whoevers playing shouldnt be on instead of home.and.away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Waking up with the plaster my boyfriend had on his foot yesterday hanging out of my hair
    Well then, we all now know the sexual position ye tried out last night :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Dublin airport terminal 1 carpark....

Kivaro wrote: »
    Well then, we all now know the sexual position ye tried out last night :eek:

TA I’ve just outed myself as a secret toe sucker :eek:

:pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Air conditioning. The library is at an ok temperature, not too warm, and not too cold. Nobody trying to strip off layers of clothing, or trying to put on jackets. Then, all of a sudden, a draught hits you. A draught that seems to come from a graveyard, as if an army of ghosts walked in and through you. I hate it!!! :mad: And a guy has put his hat on. So it's not only me.

Why can't they leave it well alone?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Bredabe

That I paid almost 5e for a tub of ice cream, cause the young fella on the floor explaining the flavours reminded me of my nephew.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TA that the car failed the NCT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

When you’re at the gym and you’re heading for a certain machine, and then someone gets there just before you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

When I arrive in good time for an appointment and I'm still sitting almost twenty minutes later with nothing done and no apology. Grr.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I do a lot of walking tours. Great way to get your bearings around a city and learn the hidden gems. IMO much better than hop on hop off buses

Anyway for this particular tour we were given headphones and little receiver things and the guide talks through his microphone

Of course people can leave anytime but they walked off with the equipment That’s not forgetfulness, it’s thieving. They are only worth a few euro but the guide needs them

ta’d for the tour guide

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The fact that Kerry will more than likely give Cork another hiding!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Made plans yesterday for an outing today, come today and I wasn't up for it. Happens too much lately.

When you can't find the sellotape and scissors.

Also when your wrapping a present and they are both on the table in front of you and they get lost several times.

Also when you can't find the start of the sellotape.

The fact that Kerry will more than likely give Cork another hiding!

Tbf it didn't happen - cork put up a good performance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

SirChenjin wrote: »
    When I arrive in good time for an appointment and I'm still sitting almost twenty minutes later with nothing done and no apology. Grr.

If you're late, you are liable to get charged for wasting their time, but if you have to wait, no discount for wasting your time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

After weeks of being automatically logged into Boards on my phone, I am now forced to input user name and password each time. What is the reason for this inconsistency?

However, apart from my happiness about being off work till Thursday, I have 2 restaurant shifts this week :( much much prefer working in the bar than the restaurant

I'm in the market for a hedge trimmer and I'm currently torturing myself with reviews. Somebody has started off a review with...'Hedges have been with us for thousands of years'. There follows a (very amateurish) history of hedges in an article which purports to be surveying the best on the market in 2019.

Jesus. This waffle style annoys me so much. It's everywhere. What's wrong with short, sharp, concise, laconic sentences full of relevant facts?

Give the pros and cons of the product in a lucid, succinct, structured manner. State what the consumer should be looking for, and whatever else is relevant to a purchase. So many YouTube reviews are a crime against consumerism, taking 5 or 10 minutes of, like, you know, "Have a Nice Day" cringe-inducing mortification before they get into the, like, you know, substance. Waffling eejits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

I'm in the market for a hedge trimmer and I'm currently torturing myself with reviews. Somebody has started off a review with...'Hedges have been with us for thousands of years'. There follows a (very amateurish) history of hedges in an article which purports to be surveying the best on the market in 2019.

Jesus. This waffle style annoys me so much. It's everywhere. What's wrong with short, sharp, concise, laconic sentences full of relevant facts?

Give the pros and cons of the product in a lucid, succinct, structured manner. State what the consumer should be looking for, and whatever else is relevant to a purchase. So many YouTube reviews are a crime against consumerism, taking 5 or 10 minutes of, like, you know, "Have a Nice Day" cringe-inducing mortification before they get into the, like, you know, substance. Waffling eejits.

So you'd prefer not to beat around the bush?

madmaggie wrote: »
    If you're late, you are liable to get charged for wasting their time, but if you have to wait, no discount for wasting your time.

A bit like the airlines! Imagine if we had to be reimbursed every time they leave 10 minutes late? But if we arrive 10 minutes late and the plane is gone, we lose all our money.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

A bit like the airlines! Imagine if we had to be reimbursed every time they leave 10 minutes late? But if we arrive 10 minutes late and the plane is gone, we lose all our money.

Ya, that’s how it works, dude. You wouldn’t expect them to keep the plane waiting for one or two passengers would you? Silly comparison.

Ya, that’s how it works, dude.

Yes, "dude"; that's generally the inference when the word 'imagine' is being used.

TA for the shïte weather

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Meant to paint the outside walls today but it can't seem to make up its mind whether it is going to rain or not.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Meant to paint the outside walls today but it can't seem to make up its mind whether it is going to rain or not.

Well, it has made its mind up over here. :mad: AND: I was talking to a neighbour of mine - she's just back from a week in Southern Italy: 37 degrees. Couldn't we have split the difference?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

Fleece on looking out the window at the incessant rain since earky morning in East Clare..I really want to go for a run...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Britain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Michael Darragh McAuley (Dublin Football player)’s name (which he can’t do anything about),and his hair(which he definitely can)...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Michael Darragh McAuley (Dublin Football player)’s name (which he can’t do anything about),and his hair(which he definitely can)...

As someone put it on the match thread:

'Michael Daragh McAuley always look like he has his head sticking out the window of a car on a windy day.'

• Advertisement

jojofizzio wrote: »

MDMA!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

I forgot about my long day tomorrow, so now I must race around and get things ready for monday instead of enjoying the end of the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The lack of affordable resort type holidays in Ireland.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Those steel wool balls that start to unravel the first time you use them to scrub something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

The weather today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

branie2 wrote: »
    The weather today

People giving out about the weather. Why is it that when it rains that the weather is "bad"? I cannot understand this

People who seem to answer questions on Amazon as a past time.

Sample Question "How long is the cord on this hoover?"

These are actual answers I have seen:
    Answer: "I dont know, I dont have one"
    Answer: "I bought one but I havent taken it out of the box yet"

How do these people live to a stage in life where they get internet access.

Finding out something but not being able to say anything about it because of how you found out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Finding out something but not being able to say anything about it because of how you found out

Hope it's nothing that you feel you should make an intervention. Hate that kind of dilemma.

Kitty6277 wrote: »

I came here to post similar. I've found out something and if I say anything interfering and if I do nothing and things go wrong it's all my fault!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement