Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I forgot to put out the bins before I left the house this morning. No panic, I thought, sure the bin lorry never comes till about 1pm. I got home at 11.30 and could see the neighbours black bin had been collected. The brown bin stayed out all day and clearly missed that collection too as it was still half full this evening. Fuppin typical, the one week I forget and 2 weeks till they are emptied again :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Blaizes

EmptyTree wrote: »
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: Daft.ie and argos mobile websites - just what is the point? They have half the functionality and are absolutely infuriating to use.

Reserved Santa stuff in Argos recently mobile site was a pain to use. Pity because being able to reserve stuff, check if it’s in stock is a brilliant Argos feature and a reason I use it. Took me ages to get the stuff ordered very cumbersome I nearly gave up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I listen to a gaming podcast,its entertaining ,the host claims to be a games
    journalist .He works in a office for some big company in the tech sector.
    Reading out news storys from a few gaming websites and talking about games
    you played does not suddenly make you a journalist .
    No more than singing a few songs in karoke at the local pub makes you a professional singer .

Most charity shops have a pack of ten xmas cards you can buy for a few euro.
    Theres 1000,s of podcasters out there, most of them make no money,
    and theres no ads on them.
    They are made by people who like to talk and are interested in some random
    subject.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

There’s a job that I really want to apply for, it would be ideal for me and I’d love it. I think I meet all the criteria, but there’s one catch, one of the criteria is a full driving license for at least 2 years. I have mine a year and a half :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

People who dont read the ful thread.And come on with their words of wisdom.300 pages in and think they are so original.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    There’s a job that I really want to apply for, it would be ideal for me and I’d love it. I think I meet all the criteria, but there’s one catch, one of the criteria is a full driving license for at least 2 years. I have mine a year and a half :(:(:(

Is it something that comes up often?

If it isn't I'd chance it.

Is it something that comes up often?

If it isn't I'd chance it.

Not that I’m aware of. And it’s one of those jobs that could be a good stepping stone into the industry I want. I’m thinking about applying anyway, the worst they can say is no.

when somebody Whatapps you about 100 photos of there holiday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Not that I’m aware of. And it’s one of those jobs that could be a good stepping stone into the industry I want. I’m thinking about applying anyway, the worst they can say is no.

Someone I know who has done many hirings said to me once that men typically look at a job spec and if they meet about 80% of the requirements they’ll apply, whereas women will see one requirement they don’t have and think that rules them out.

If you’re a good fit for the job minor details like that will be overlooked by the employer. It sounds like they’re not cutting out younger applicants by saying for example 5/6 years, but also don’t want people on a provisional either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Definitely apply. My job requires 'full clean driving licence'. I have 3 points and it didn't make any difference.

In case anyone is wondering, my 'crime' was doing 57km in a 50km zone :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Absolutely apply. You come across as very loyal, hardworking and competent and would be an asset to any company. A few months short shouldn’t be a problem especially when you have no points. Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

eBay.

I have many moans about the site, but my recent one is sellers telling you when something is posted when it can't be.

Often I would get a message at 10pm or 11pm on a Saturday or Sunday night to say something I have bought has just been posted. Obviously a lie.

Latest one, I bought an item of clothing on the site. I got email to say its been posted. Next day get another email to say they have had to refund me as they have none in stock.

So they posted it even though they had none.

Websites with “check stock in store” functions that TELL LIES.

Bought a dress in Warehouse that looked good online. I have a graduation to attend on Wednesday so it’s touch and go if the bloody thing will be delivered on time. The website said the store had none so I ordered Wednesday night. I go into the store yesterday and there it is,

I try it on to see if I made a mistake in not ordering two sizes. Basically it fits if I don’t undo the zip and just shimmy it on over my chesticles.
    Disaster. Also, it’s nice, but not as nice as it looked online

The cringey, sappy perfume ads on TV that we are bombarded with at this time of year. Vomit inducing :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    The cringey, sappy perfume ads on TV that we are bombarded with at this time of year. Vomit inducing :(

That one with Kiera Knightly in Paris does my head in . She looks so smug

iamwhoiam wrote: »

Kiera Knightly's face is another TA of mine :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

They can keep showing the ad with Chris Hemsworth spraying Boss all over himself ;) or Ryan Reynolds :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Autosport wrote: »
    They can keep showing the ad with Chris Hemsworth spraying Boss all over himself ;) or Ryan Reynolds :D

The sexual exploitation of men is a TA !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

iamwhoiam wrote: »

It's that trembling pout she does up close that gets on my wick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,499 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I missed the first televised 9 darter of 2019, so not happy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

dubstarr wrote: »
    People who dont read the ful thread.And come on with their words of wisdom.300 pages in and think they are so original.
    It's especially annoying in Personal Issues where someone only reads the op and then posts asking questions the op has already answered in the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭corks finest

How when an asylum seeker fails and appeals and appeals and still not sorted ,not ireland of the welcomes it's Irelabd of the stupid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    It's especially annoying in Personal Issues where someone only reads the op and then posts asking questions the op has already answered in the thread.

Nah when the OP gives about 1/4 of relevant details people start to respond in good faith based on facts at hand....the OP then gives a few more details which on reflection makes the first responders responses seem abit harsh. They then in turn start getting attacked from people coming late into the thread. :) ah you gotta love boards :)

Probably haven't explained that very well but anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Nah when the OP gives about 1/4 of relevant details people start to respond in good faith based on facts at hand....the OP then gives a few more details which on reflection makes the first responders responses seem abit harsh. They then in turn start getting attacked from people coming late into the thread. :) ah you gotta love boards :)

Probably haven't explained that very well but anyway.
    I know exactly what you meant and I agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

People who pull up ANYWHERE and turn on hazard lights and that means F**k everyone else.

This afternoon took the biscuit.

So theres a busy supermarket and obviously it follows that the car park is equally busy especially near the main door.
    So theres a chippers on the left as you exit the car park.
    This afternoon I went to the supermarket to buy Pringles and it took 30 minutes to exit the car park after.
    Why? Because on the way out there is a left lane and right lane for cars exiting the car park.
    So some eejit had pulled into the spot where left lane exiters go, and hit his hazards on. Where was he? In the chippers!!! Waiting on his take away.
    So meanwhile there are 100 free spaces he could have parked in, vacant. I said busy but it's a massive car park. Massive.
    So now people trying to go left are hitting the horn at the empty car blocking their lane. And the guys turning right are slow to move off anyway because they have to wait for a break in traffic from both directions, while letting in the occasional "victim" from the left lane.
    So I spent 30 minutes stuck in a car park. Not just me but everyone. Some mums with kids probably doing their heads in, because lets face it we've all been there.
    But all this mayhem so that some inconsiderate dickhead can avoid the rain while he gets his chipper feed.

The selfishness of people sometimes is miles past me. Just miles beyond

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Was in Smyths this morning and it was like every kid there knew I had a headache ... every flippin toy that had a “Try Me” button was playing. My poor head!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

if we are giving out about perfume ads we have to mention the one with johnny depp. it is a like a parody of aftershave ads.

if we are giving out about perfume ads we have to mention the one with johnny depp. it is a like a parody of aftershave ads.

I'm embarrassed for him every time I see that ad:(

TA when I have made the perfect fire, then a lump of coal rolls off the back of it and it's too hot to retrieve it with the tongs.

Autosport wrote: »

Do they need a hand spraying the aftershave.Asking for a friend:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,039 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

How when an asylum seeker fails and appeals and appeals and still not sorted ,not ireland of the welcomes it's Irelabd of the stupid

So it would appear.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭20Wheel

Cant hear any song lyrics these days.
    Wtf do they be saying.

Its not deafness either.
    Theyre just incomprehensible. And i have to listen to the radio in work. Its headwrecking.

And another thing why does rap get a pass on absolute filth, yet others dont.

There was a specsavers ad that was changed from a guy ripping off his cacks to ripping off his shirt.

There was a song with lyrics referring to not needing drugs which was edited to muffle the word drugs.
    But later changed back.

In both cases after the offending underpants and drugs within 5 mins the same station is blasting out rap songs with lyrics about double d tits and killing people and all manner of suggestive rap lyrics about shagging and murder.

But its ok because its rap.

Putin is a dictator. Putin should face justice at the Hague. All good Russians should work to depose Putin. Russias war in Ukraine is illegal and morally wrong.

People who post on Facebook stuff such as ''What time does the local Lidl/Tesco close at Tonight? even tough they've had the same opening hours with years and they could Google it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

20Wheel wrote: »
    Cant hear any song lyrics these days.
    Wtf do they be saying.

Its not deafness either.
    Theyre just incomprehensible. And i have to listen to the radio in work. Its headwrecking.

And another thing why does rap get a pass on absolute filth, yet others dont.

There was a specsavers ad that was changed from a guy ripping off his cacks to ripping off his shirt.

There was a song with lyrics referring to not needing drugs which was edited to muffle the word drugs.
    But later changed back.

In both cases after the offending underpants and drugs within 5 mins the same station is blasting out rap songs with lyrics about double d tits and killing people and all manner of suggestive rap lyrics about shagging and murder.

But its ok because its rap.

Try a long taxi trip with the driver blasting crude 'F-U' lyrics in your ear the entire time... More than a trivial annoyance.

(and Baby It's Cold Outside is banned - oh the irony!)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

20Wheel wrote: »
    Incomprehensible/rude/violent etc song lyrics

Sia in this is one of the main culprits.

I had to go and look up the lyrics because I could not understand a single word of what she was saying. That's when I realised that she skipped all the consonants.

On the same note (:pac:), lyrics that are perfectly understandable, but when you look for the full text on a website they have been written down incorrectly.

Overuse of the word 'super'. As in "This is a super quick meal to cook". "I was super tired". "I was a super long time in the queue".

Just no need for it.

• Advertisement

Adults and their oversized scooters in Tesco.For added smugness he had a helmet on his head with a camera.

I bit my lip through yakking while I was eating my dinner yesterday and it's still killing me :(

My neighbour has her Xmas tree up, mind you, she is German. I wouldn't like to be near her next to the pool .....

Decided I’d apply for that job I posted about the other night. Clicked on the link only for it to say “page not found” :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,647 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Decided I’d apply for that job I posted about the other night. Clicked on the link only for it to say “page not found” :mad:

Perhaps try sites like Jobs.ie or Indeed.ie, they might have the same vacancy up there and you can apply through them. TA recently is our fcuked up public transport system in Galway. The 5 PM bus from Salthill some days becomes the 5.30 or 5.40 PM bus due to our brutal traffic.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I had bought some light fittings to put up in the attic.
    I then progressed to put it on the long finger for weeks until today when I got around to start - only to discover they didn't fit and I now have to start everything over again.

Arrgh, if I started when I first intended to I would have found out sooner and fixed it sooner and have had it done by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I cope badly with the fact that my dad looks like Boris Johnson's identical twin (besides the hair colour, by dad is a fading ginger). Whenever I see Boris, he looks like my dad, they have a similar build, very similar gestures.
    My sister and I are very uncomfortable with this knowledge, we can't unsee it now that we realised it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Eden Future Cheek

People who post on Facebook stuff such as ''What time does the local Lidl/Tesco close at Tonight? even tough they've had the same opening hours with years and they could Google it.

this and they seem to bedozy wannabe influencer's(with only 100 followers) and go on intsta stories "i need recommendations for brow lifters/netflix/some fashion thing/good hotel - bar in kerry /food etc".... i know about 10 (majority female) who do this constantly...why..

Grown ups obsessed with the Late Late Toy Show....this will go into overdrive in the office i work in

this and they seem to bedozy wannabe influencer's(with only 100 followers) and go on intsta stories "i need recommendations for brow lifters/netflix/some fashion thing/good hotel - bar in kerry /food etc".... i know about 10 (majority female) who do this constantly...why..

Because they want companies to “reach out” and offer their services for free in exchange for the influencer saying the place is amazing. The bigger ones do this for furniture, clothes, everything. It’s desperate looking.

Children running around shops!

Found a tick on my dogs neck this evening. Ugh! Hate removing them. They give me the heebie-jeebies and I have a creepy crawly feeling all over since! :O

Perhaps try sites like Jobs.ie or Indeed.ie, they might have the same vacancy up there and you can apply through them. TA recently is our fcuked up public transport system in Galway. The 5 PM bus from Salthill some days becomes the 5.30 or 5.40 PM bus due to our brutal traffic.

Oh will try this! I did send them an email to say it wasn’t working so hopefully that’ll do some good

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

People who use LinkedIn like facebook. I just tend to add everyone on LinkedIn and have come across some amount of Tulips. At least on facebook the Tulips are people I actually know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    People who use LinkedIn like facebook. I just tend to add everyone on LinkedIn and have come across some amount of Tulips. At least on facebook the Tulips are people I actually know.

And that it's also used by people to recruit for their sh*tty MLMs. I know there's one going around in Ireland now from my home country, wtf guys?!

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭tony glenn

It seems to annoy my wife that, in my late sixties, I still snigger when golf commentators say 'bogey'

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement