Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Ghosteen wrote: »
    Christ I'm so sick of people. Well at least 90% of them anyways.

Oh my god THIS!
    Wondering is there something in the air or is it me. I seem to be in a constant strop and I am rarely angry (just disappointed :pac:). But know the saying about being surrounded by assholes ... so I’m disappointed in myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

The whole "ah you just have to upskill" fairytale.
    It is an unbelievable amount of work if in full-time employment. And sometimes even if you are the most determined person, the logistics make it near impossible.

College just sent out the exam timetables. We're a class of part-timers where almost all are employed. Our exams take place during the week occupying basically half the day, this was not communicated properly at the beginning of the course. A few of my colleagues are in trouble now and might not be able to attend the exams because they don't have leave left or can't switch their hours around (most are in depressing employment situations and try really hard to get out of it.)
    The college administration is utterly incapable of accommodating part time courses to have exams on a Saturday or at evening times.

While I love the course, the organisation isn't particularly great and I'm annoyed that mature part-timers are treated the same as young full-time students when in reality their situations are so different that they are doing a damn part-time course because this is the time they can commit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Sideshow Collectables are ****ing stupid *****. Oh your packages will go together. Oh I dunno fi they did. Oh no only 1 went. The other payment was declined. Oh we didn't tell you? No we didn't. Wait the money for both is gone from your account. ****ing ejits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Rocking back and forth on my heels waiting to be served at the bar at a dinner dance and snap goes a heel. I had to hobble back to the car for my runners. I look very fetching now in my fancy frock and Nikes, FFS :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Bought 5 SD cards from Amazon. Third party seller won't ship to Ireland. It's a bargain so I use Parcel Motel.

B*stards sent 5 individual packages which were processed separately by PM. 20 euro instead of 4.
    Saving has gone down the drain..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    Bought 5 SD cards from Amazon. Third party seller won't ship to Ireland. It's a bargain so I use Parcel Motel.

B*stards sent 5 individual packages which were processed separately by PM. 20 euro instead of 4.
    Saving has gone down the drain..

Did you ask them to ship in one package? A small seller will oblige. The busier ones with 10000+ feedbacks tend to be very impersonal and inflexible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Watching a programme on Luiz v Joshua. Mike Tyson,
    Holyfield and other world champion boxers giving comment on the fight.
    Then Sylvester Stallone and DeNiro talking like they know what it's like to be in a fight like that. They're actors , not real boxers!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

In today's "sh1te I read on Facebook ", one of my more right-leaning acquaintances is complaining that Jack Merrit's father is grieving the wrong way. In fact, it's fake grief, they said. I think there's a deeper issue of social media playing any part in it but still...I don't think there is a correct way to grieve & it doesn't always follow a neat orderly pattern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When somebody asks you to buy something for them and the don't give you enough money!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Did you ask them to ship in one package? A small seller will oblige. The busier ones with 10000+ feedbacks tend to be very impersonal and inflexible.

Of course I didn't :D

The dangly earring in my right ear often hurts my earlobe but the one in my right ear is fine. My skin heals fast so I don't often take them out except to change to another pair, as I'd have to poke the piercing open in the morning so inevitably I sleep on my sore ear at night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Parents who are constantly moaning about how hard it is. We get it, it’s not the easiest of jobs, but guess who else has children? Lots of people!
    Was out with a mixed group last week and one woman was constantly picking up everything others said and bringing it back to how she couldn’t do that because she had kids.
    Someone said they read something in the paper., oh I wish I had time to read the paper, someone else mentioned a new coffee machine they bought and were enjoying a cup before going to work, oh I wish I could get to finish a cup without it going cold.
    I suppose now that I think about it, it’s not parents, it’s this particular parent! :o

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Parents who are constantly moaning about how hard it is. We get it, it’s not the easiest of jobs, but guess who else has children? Lots of people!
    Was out with a mixed group last week and one woman was constantly picking up everything others said and bringing it back to how she couldn’t do that because she had kids.
    Someone said they read something in the paper., oh I wish I had time to read the paper, someone else mentioned a new coffee machine they bought and were enjoying a cup before going to work, oh I wish I could get to finish a cup without it going cold.
    I suppose now that I think about it, it’s not parents, it’s this particular parent! :o

People like that love attention "Oh I wish I had time to watch a film"

You have time to watch fookin' 40 hours of soaps a night though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭Bredabe

For the past few weeks I've been midering over the timing of a particularly scary life move, so I've put it off, even tho I was told that for best results it should be done by x time.
    I'm now able to creep up on the prep for this event, as a result of this I decided to disregard the advice and delay a bit longer to get a particular component finished. I feel sooooo much better, a real weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

Ta that my inner voice keeps reminding me of what the the timing was and still manipulating options to get it done on time but less well.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭Bredabe

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    People like that love attention "Oh I wish I had time to watch a film"

You have time to watch fookin' 40 hours of soaps a night though.

I used to share a house with someone like this, I tackled her on it regularly(as she would have if it was in reverse) and she told me the I had to remember that these were like the NEWS programmes to her. :eek::eek::eek:

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

What age was she, approximately?

Old enough to know better. Late 20s, I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,210 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

cjmc wrote: »
    Then Sylvester Stallone and DeNiro talking like they know what it's like to be in a fight like that. They're actors , not real boxers!!!
    I know both played boxers in film, and are big boxing fans, so that's why their opinion was sought?

Fun fact, I read that De Niro was so good at boxing when he was training to play Raging Bull, that he was in the top 20 in the US at that weight.

News stories about Greta and the comments people leave from the ones mocking her to the prim and proper people saying. " I'm getting ready for the middle aged men mocking a teenage girl".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Old enough to know better. Late 20s, I'd say.

Jaysus! I see teenagers do constant selfies and I judge them less because all teenagers are hideously self-absorbed. Late 20s! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,676 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

The 40th Christmas I've been on this planet and the first time I went to see It's A Wonderful Life, some absolute shîtehawk starts cutting onions nearby. Prick.

• Advertisement

People giving advice they wouldn't want to follow themself, as it wouldn't be good enough for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Seeing a young couple huddled from the vicious wind sitting outside a chipper . This country is a scandal leaving young people in a vulnerable position and not one person in our Government giving a toss . It will be up to volunteers to help them and save them from the bitter winter wind . People coming out of the chipper all stopped to say a kind word or throw a euro in a tin but that not good enough for human beings in our land
    It angers me to see the waste and our Government throwing money at everything and getting their priorities all wrong

We have roundabouts being replanted for the umpteenth time while young people sit and freeze in a huddle on our paths . I could cry

Even if it's one of my favourite people saying it I still feel a wash of irritation when he says "sorce" for sauce, and "sort" for sought.

I also hate "whilst"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Every basic bitch on Instagram using “Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas” song to showcase their basic bitch Christmas decorations in their basic bitch house. Sorry now but I’m in no mood for any of them

How stupid the one's look waving on Winning Streak and the program it's self.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

No video request page on youtube

Those that say ‘crikey’ or ‘wow’ in posts. It’s usually followed by a passive-aggressive put down of someone.

Those that say ‘crikey’ or ‘wow’ in posts. It’s usually followed by a passive-aggressive put down of someone.

I ****ing hate LOL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,245 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Deja Boo wrote: »
    That everyone is now called they ...either we all have multiple personalities or... we don't know our own genders :rolleyes:

and theybies ? :confused: what is so wrong with the word babies?

They was always used to convey unknown gender.

"there is someone at the door. I wonder how long they have been there"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

JD Sports and their loud,****ty music.
    Was in 2 shops yesterday,and the music was awful.Couldnt hear one person behind the tll.
    The other rson who served said they go home with a headache with the noise of the music.

• Advertisement

"there is someone at the door. I wonder how long they have been there"

And for anonymity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,517 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I ****ing hate LOL.

I used to work with a girl that would say LOL instead of actually laughing.

On one particular day someone cracked a very funny joke and her response was "LOL. That's so funny it deserves a second LOL, LOL." I had to get up and walk away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

There was an update on my phone this morning and the text app has changed appearance, I imagine it's slower to open too - it's annoying me :P

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

dubstarr wrote: »
    Was in 2 shops yesterday,and the music was awful.Couldnt hear one person behind the tll.
    The other rson who served said they go home with a headache with the noise of the music.

Yes, what is with that? It is like walking into a nightclub! I don't know should I be ordering a drink or a pair of shoes!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

"

But the word baby is gender neutral???

I just try to tune out when this kind of nonsense arises

Why is it about my face that makes people think I'm not at all bothered about any given bothersome issue. Someone said to me as if I was a cheeky 12 year old "you seem to find this funny." We can't all sit brooding or run around in a flap. Bitchy resting face, I think it's called.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

jk23 wrote: »
    Yes, what is with that? It is like walking into a nightclub! I don't know should I be ordering a drink or a pair of shoes!!

Im hearing impaired and it was awful.I know im probably too old for the shop but at least have crap Christmas music on like everywhere else.

People bragging about money or generally bringing something up without being asked when it's of no relevance or interest to the other person. Crass and tacky and telling. Insecurity running through them like a stick of rock.
    If it's a regular thing or particularly tactless moment anyway.

dubstarr wrote: »

I don't get why they do it. Other places do it also and it almost confuses me and I leave without buying anything.
    What's worse is when there's loud music and very dim lights and you can barely see the products.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I don't get why they do it. Other places do it also and it almost confuses me and I leave without buying anything.
    What's worse is when there's loud music and very dim lights and you can barely see the products.

Hollister /abercrombie??

I think it's to weed out people who are not their target audience..... ie too old :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,360 ✭✭✭Archeron

In harvey Norman today, looking to buy a cheap tablet. Find one at the right price, ask for one to buy, but no, that's just sold out on Thursday last, sorry. Okay, what about this one, next price up, sales dude laughs, a haha sure that's been sold out since black Friday.

Well then why the f*ck do you have these things on display when you've no stock and you know you've no stock?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That's to your hearing what Lush is to your sense of smell.

New Home wrote: »

I think that's the place with the most overly pushy sales assistants! I don't thinknid ever go back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

New Home wrote: »

I went into a Bodyshop shop once and left very quickly due to the overpowering smell

LUSH shops are crazy pungent and when I went into the Dublin store recently people were packed in like a tin of sardines while the skylight or ceiling tiles or something leaked all over them

LUSH products have SLS in them as well which is a TA. Used to love their Potion and Ghost body milk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭MMyers

I think that's the place with the most overly pushy sales assistants! I don't thinknid ever go back.

I work for Lush and yes we can be overly pushy

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    But the word baby is gender neutral???

I just try to tune out when this kind of nonsense arises

Why the **** are people going by they? You're either a male or female... Have aliens suddenly landed?

Why the **** are people going by they? You're either a male or female... Have aliens suddenly landed?

A trans m2f friend advocates for the use of "it" in place of a 'gender pronoun'. I think they have a blog post about it, blogs called transwaffle. They explain the reasoning for using "it" but personally I find the idea horrible.

A trans m2f friend advocates for the use of "it" in place of a 'gender pronoun'. I think they have a blog post about it, blogs called transwaffle. They explain the reasoning for using "it" but personally I find the idea horrible.

Stupid. I thought switching sex would mean your now called the opposite noun or whatever. So used to be a male is now female but no it's IT. As in IT the clown like.

That's my view. I think they over think it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement