Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I have a tale of queue-jumpers but that’s not actually what I’m most trivially annoyed about.

I was in Centra just now. There was a guy being served, a teenager in front of me at the top of the queue and three people behind me. The teenager’s friend joined the back of the queue and Teenager says “go in in front of me there” to his friend. His friend brazenly jumps the queue. Of course, it was self-serving for the top-of-the-queue teenager so they’d be out quicker.

However, I am mostly annoyed at myself for saying nothing. People get away with that shit because others let them away with it. And as teenagers, it’s a good time for them to learn a lesson, early in life. But, nope, muggins here just stewed instead. :rolleyes:

Actually fuck it, no, the queue-jumping part is just as irritating. How oblivious and entitled are some people. Yeah, go ahead there, good lad. We all love queuing. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    That's hilarious :pac:

I know, yeah. :pac: The Prince comparison seems to be solely down to them having a song with almost the same name (Sign O’ The Times/Sign Of The Times).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I am seething with rage at the Christmas lights on the stairs. I must have spent the guts of an hour trying to get them off from the bottom of the banister and nothing I do untangles them. And I don't want to give up as that's giving in to them. I'm this close to cutting the ba$tards off with the scissors and it's taking all that's in me not to lie on the floor kicking and screaming. A$$hole lights :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Dermot Bannon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Being trapped in a car with a hangary driver.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

3/4 length sleeves irritate me for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    I am seething with rage at the Christmas lights on the stairs. I must have spent the guts of an hour trying to get them off from the bottom of the banister and nothing I do untangles them. And I don't want to give up as that's giving in to them. I'm this close to cutting the ba$tards off with the scissors and it's taking all that's in me not to lie on the floor kicking and screaming. A$$hole lights :(

Life is too short. Cut them. Maybe plug them out first though!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭EllieB

I’m currently 8 months pregnant. Went shopping today for pyjamas and the like for my hospital stay. As I stood waiting to cross the street my paper bag ripped and my stuff landed on the ground. My mobility at the moment is, shall we say, limited and as I bent down, none too gracefully, to gather my stuff I became aware of a group of teenage girls beside me, sniggering.... while I’m wobbling on my hunkers trying to pick sh1t penny’s jammies and giant knickers back into the ripped bag. Eventually I got back to my feet and gave them a death stare, muttering “a***oles” under my breath.

TA and more than a tad depressed to think that society has become so uncaring, unhelpful, rude and everyone is just out for themselves.

I have a chest infection. (Annoying). Was feeling sore and sorry for myself and decided to get on with feeding the dogs so I could just sit down and relax for the evening.

So fed them and was about to let them outside when I remembered one of my dogs hurt her paw (annoying) and has a sock thing on it and I didn't want it to get wet so I started to rig up a cover with a bin bag but meanwhile my other dog had an accident on the mat. (Annoying). Totally not her fault, her medication makes her really struggle to hold her pee and I should have let her out before I started making the cover for the other dogs foot but I'm an idiot. (Annoying).

So I had to let her out. Then put the mat in the wash and mopped the floor (annoying) before making the cover for the other dogs paw and letting her out too.

Then as I go to walk away I somehow knock a big glass bottle and it smashes everywhere. (Annoying) So I start the clean up and as I stand up I whack my head off the island...

Annoying!!!!

And now ages later I'm still finding bits of glass.... Yeah you guessed it. Annoying!

(Sorry the way I wrote this might be TA for others! :D )

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    3/4 length sleeves irritate me for some reason.

Yeah. 3/4 length sleeves are neither here nor there.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Kept losing my good earphones so just started buying cheap ones, but they keep breaking

I'm tired, I'm achy, I have a toothache, my throat is sore and I'm out of chocolate.

I don't like how 2020 is going so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Bought a top in Penneys last weekend. Tried it on today and don't like it so decided to return it. Can I find the receipt? Can I fairycakes! €17 down the drain :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Try anyway, if it still has the tag on they may give you credit back or let you swap it for something else.

Bought a top in Penneys last weekend. Tried it on today and don't like it so decided to return it. Can I find the receipt? Can I fairycakes! €17 down the drain :(

You can exchange without a receipt if that's any help.

The ad on tv for Canestan,it seems to be on during every break.It would actually give you an itch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

The ad on tv for Canestan,it seems to be on during every break.It would actually give you an itch.

It’s the diet ads that are killing me!

Kept losing my good earphones so just started buying cheap ones, but they keep breaking
    I hear you. I'm considering buying airpods because I listen to my phone when walking and the cord keeps breaking. I have the phone sticking out of my jacket pocket but the cord keeps breaking because it gets bent. It's happened with the expensive ones so I got cheap ones but the sound quality was crap and they broke anyways :rolleyes: I've never used airpods and have a fear they'll just fall out and I'll lose them when cycling. Do they actually stay in?

Not anymore sadly. They've gotten really strict in the past few months :(

New Home wrote: »
    Try anyway, if it still has the tag on they may give you credit back or let you swap it for something else.

It still has the tag attached, but they won't give a refund or even an exchange anymore without a receipt :(

Probably to deter people on the rob returning things they "bought". This is why we can't have nice things!

• Advertisement

Definitely try ,I think they still do it.

Probably to deter people on the rob returning things they "bought". This is why we can't have nice things!

That's exactly the reason. A friend of mine works there and told me. Staff themselves can't even get a refund now without a receipt.
    Scum ruining it for genuine eejits like me who lose things!

Well, if you come into the door with a Penney bag and the top into it, they won't be able to say you stole it... Either way, they'd have to check the CCTV to "prove you're lying! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,700 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Menthol Cigarettes to be banned at some stage during the year.

Ah, c'mon, they taste great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,717 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

people.

EllieB wrote: »
    I’m currently 8 months pregnant. Went shopping today for pyjamas and the like for my hospital stay. As I stood waiting to cross the street my paper bag ripped and my stuff landed on the ground. My mobility at the moment is, shall we say, limited and as I bent down, none too gracefully, to gather my stuff I became aware of a group of teenage girls beside me, sniggering.... while I’m wobbling on my hunkers trying to pick sh1t penny’s jammies and giant knickers back into the ripped bag. Eventually I got back to my feet and gave them a death stare, muttering “a***oles” under my breath.

TA and more than a tad depressed to think that society has become so uncaring, unhelpful, rude and everyone is just out for themselves.
    This annoyed me so much just reading about it! What a bunch of narcissistic shallow teenage bints. I just wish you had shouted a##holes at them instead of muttered lol. I'm 5 months, and already avoiding the luas because nobody ever gives up a seat and the feckin flu season heroes are sputtering and coughing all over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Antares35 wrote: »
    This enjoyed me so much just reading about it!

:pac: I think you meant annoyed, but reading it this way really does sum up why this thread is the best on Boards :D

Deja Boo wrote: »
    people.

Oh yes. Sartre was right. Hell truly is other people. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

I hear you. I'm considering buying airpods because I listen to my phone when walking and the cord keeps breaking. I have the phone sticking out of my jacket pocket but the cord keeps breaking because it gets bent. It's happened with the expensive ones so I got cheap ones but the sound quality was crap and they broke anyways :rolleyes: I've never used airpods and have a fear they'll just fall out and I'll lose them when cycling. Do they actually stay in?

I was always getting cheap ones which kept breaking (similarly with them hanging out of my pocket), but eventually splashed out on airpods. So worth it. They stay in no problem, the case fits comfortably in your pocket, and the charge lasts a decent amount of time. If I can hold onto them for the next 6-8 months, they'll probably turn out cheaper given the amount I was spending on cr@p ones that kept breaking

maudgonner wrote: »
    :pac: I think you meant annoyed, but reading it this way really does sum up why this thread is the best on Boards :D

Yes! TA autocorrect! :)

• Advertisement

This annoyed me so much just reading about it! What a bunch of narcissistic shallow teenage bints. I just wish you had shouted a##holes at them instead of muttered lol. I'm 5 months, and already avoiding the luas because nobody ever gives up a seat and the feckin flu season heroes are sputtering and coughing all over it.

Yes, also TA’d with myself that I didn’t just call them a pack of assholes out loud!
    Teens will be teens I guess but I know that when I was that age, I wouldn’t have dreamt of leaving someone who was obviously struggling to pick up stuff they’d dropped, much less stand sniggering openly at them.

Now I’m TA’d that I sound like an auld one - “when I was that age.....”

I'd have told them "I'll make damn sure my child is brought up better than you lot, you bunch of gaggling geese!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,244 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

EllieB wrote: »
    Yes, also TA’d with myself that I didn’t just call them a pack of assholes out loud!
    Teens will be teens I guess but I know that when I was that age, I wouldn’t have dreamt of leaving someone who was obviously struggling to pick up stuff they’d dropped, much less stand sniggering openly at them.

Now I’m TA’d that I sound like an auld one - “when I was that age.....”

You can't be pregnant and an auld one!
    That makes me feel old.

That makes me feel old.

Lol, sorry The Beer Revolu! If it makes you feel any better it’s my 3rd baby.

(Also, in the antenatal world, anything over 37 is considered a geriatric pregnancy so at 39 I am old!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭KM792

People who use words like "beautiful" and "gorgeous" to describe food...
    "The fish fingers I cooked in the air fryer came out beautiful."Wrecks my head for some reason.
    Why can't it just be tasty.
    Also,people who have their lifes cv on their fb
    page...you really don't need to tell people you left the deli counter in centra in 1997 and married Pat in 1999...
    You don't owe anybody anything on social media,so don't post all that stuff online.

That makes me feel old.

Apparently you can! The consultant at Holles Street informed me mines a geriatric pregnancy or something or other. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

People that tunn up at a funeral but would'nt take the time to visit that person when they were alive. 'Ah is there anything i can do' makes me sick.

Apparently you can! The consultant at Holles Street informed me mines a geriatric pregnancy or something or other. :)
    A 74 year old woman in India gave birth to twins :eek: Obviously it was IVF but what the hell?

A 74 year old woman in India gave birth to twins :eek: Obviously it was IVF but what the hell?

I was just going to mention that Cameron Diaz had her first baby this week and shes 47 ...be careful out there ladies. 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I was just going to mention that Cameron Diaz had her first baby this week and shes 47 ...be careful out there ladies. ��

She used a surrogate

dubstarr wrote: »
    She used a surrogate

I didn't know that,thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

dubstarr wrote: »
    She used a surrogate

Are you sure? I saw a headline "gave birth to" admittedly didn't read the article due to all the privacy hoops you have to jump through!

I had assumed surrogate up to then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Pop ups on every single website I visit now thanks to GDPR (presumably). Cookies, wants to send you notifications, wants to know your location. No, no, no! Really does my head in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,700 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

When you decide to order a Hazelnut coffee, because it'll cheer you up a bit - and then it becomes apparent after a single sip that you were served by a lousy bastard who put only the bare minimum amount of syrup in.

...or when you order a cappuccino and they serve it with virtually no foam. What's the point? I'd have ordered a white coffee, then!

• Advertisement

I think the medias obsession with maternal age is actually a TA of mine. Any time someone over 35 has a baby the article will mention the mothers age. In the interests of science, why then dont they also mention the fathers sperm count, how often the couple had intercourse and whether the woman had a long or short luteal phase? :p Anyone who has struggled with pregnancy will be all too familiar with these.

Actually the media obsession with pregnany and babies in general TAs me. "X shows off bump" (X is like 8 weeks pregnant and does not have a bump!) Or "Y spotted touching her bump too much" etc. Just feck off would you :(

TA the irony that pregnancy hormones are making me TA about pregnancy annoyances!

I think the medias obsession with maternal age is actually a TA of mine. Any time someone over 35 has a baby the article will mention the mothers age. In the interests of science, why then dont they also mention the fathers sperm count, how often the couple had intercourse and whether the woman had a long or short luteal phase? :p Anyone who has struggled with pregnancy will be all too familiar with these.

Actually the media obsession with pregnany and babies in general TAs me. "X shows off bump" (X is like 8 weeks pregnant and does not have a bump!) Or "Y spotted touching her bump too much" etc. Just feck off would you :(

TA the irony that pregnancy hormones are making me TA about pregnancy annoyances!

Don't forget everyone wanting to touch your tummy. It's fine the first four or five months, but as soon as I started looking like I'm smuggling a Christmas pudding under my shirt, everyone wants to pat me or rub me like I'm a statue of Buddha. :(

Candie wrote: »
    Don't forget everyone wanting to touch your tummy. It's fine the first four or five months, but as soon as I started looking like I'm smuggling a Christmas pudding under my shirt, everyone wants to pat me or rub me like I'm a statue of Buddha. :(

Carry one of these with you, and if anyone tries to touch you belly, show them the carving fork, stare at them with crazed eyes and tell them, "Let's see who's faster: your hand onto my belly, or this fork into your hand?"

36841.jpg

Candie wrote: »

I haven't had that yet. At 21 weeks I still only look like I ate too many sandwiches :( Do complete strangers do that??

TA it's still January :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

People that stop in a car park - waiting ages for you to load your shopping and put the trolly back in order to take your spot - while blocking a line of cars behind them - usually because it's a spot close to the entrance.

Tiny bit ashamed to admit that it happened today and the woman in question had such an irritatingly impatient look on her face that I loaded the shopping into the car, locked it and decided to stroll back into the shopping centre to have a coffee.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement