Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

I was in slow moving traffic earlier and my windows were full of condensation so I rolled down the passenger window to clear it. Just as I did that I clocked eyes with someone I used to go out with, he was walking on the path beside me. He thought I was rolling down the window in order to speak to him so he came over and started talking to me. Awkward small talk and disingenuous exchange of pleasantries ensued.
    Ground swallow me moment.

Use your A/C (if you have it) and you'll never run into this issue again :pac:

If you don't have A/C, make sure to use the non-recirculating air in the car, and you shouldn't have unwanted condensation/unwanted conversation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,881 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I was walking home from work this evening and there was a queue of traffic. Suddenly I noticed a car window roll down and it was my ex and she started making pointless small talk with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

I was in slow moving traffic earlier and my windows were full of condensation so I rolled down the passenger window to clear it. Just as I did that I clocked eyes with someone I used to go out with, he was walking on the path beside me. He thought I was rolling down the window in order to speak to him so he came over and started talking to me. Awkward small talk and disingenuous exchange of pleasantries ensued.

Could have been worse, you might have been opening the window as you'd just let a particularly nasty f@rt

Boards is bringing me to the most recent post in threads I follow rather than where I left off last time I was reading. So now I've lost my place. Also it's not letting me into threads unless there's a new post. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,658 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Loosing the Legacy setting, I miss the tabs on top, usually when I default to one of my usual forums it reverts back to the old style, it ain't doing it anymore. :(

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Boards is bringing me to the most recent post in threads I follow rather than where I left off last time I was reading. So now I've lost my place. Also it's not letting me into threads unless there's a new post. :(

Happening me too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,682 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

I didn't know it could do that. Always has taken me to latest post. :/

Deja Boo wrote: »
    I didn't know it could do that. Always has taken me to latest post. :/

Either did I! It's broken!!! Why oh why oh why!!! If this keeps up I might have to actually go and do something productive with my time! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I'm getting - an invalid redirect something something , and can't get into some threads at all :(

ETA,

Obviously not this thread though :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Morto!

No wait.. did you mean it Nevers takes you back to where you finished reading but skips to the most recent post?? I don't think that's right. If you finished reading on page 14 of 20, for example, it should bring you back to 14 next time you go into it.

No wait.. did you mean it Nevers takes you back to where you finished reading but skips to the most recent post?? I don't think that's right. If you finished reading on page 14 of 20, for example, it should bring you back to 14 next time you go into it.

How are you doing this? It always takes me to last post.

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I'm getting - an invalid redirect something something , and can't get into some threads at all :(

Yeah that's whats happening me, unless there's a new post. The only way I could get in was by clicking on the name of the latest poster and then clicking on their posts and then selecting the one in that thread, if you get me!

So do you have to go searching every time for where you left off? That would wreck my head! I don't think it's a setting or anything.. it's just always done that for me. Until this dark day!

A few times when I checked my stats (to see if I posted in a thread)....... It shows me threads I never even seen before (nor posted in)... the glitch is an odd one this time.

• Advertisement

So do you have to go searching every time for where you left off? That would wreck my head! I don't think it's a setting or anything.. it's just always done that for me. Until this dark day!

Yes, it never takes me back to where i left off... Always had to click all the back pages to catch up... is tedious, so I don't keep up with wherers thread very well.

Your way sounds ideal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

I normally use Chrome for Boards.. but when I click on a thread..it asks me do I want to open the Twitter link! with chrome or the Twitter app.... Firefox works perfectly.....it's just since the "fix" this morning... weird!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭HBC08

Dis, Dat, Dees and Doughs

Dats the way dee TH go-wizz :pac:

Every time I hear an English person pronounce 6th as 'sikth' I die a little inside.

Ditto,every time I hear that I get a little bit sikth in my mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,225 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TA for when people deliberately try to wind you up when it's obvious to everyone that you just want to be left alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I had not noticed the glitch until I read these posts. Bit of a pain all right. But sure it's a 'feature'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Loosing the Legacy setting, I miss the tabs on top, usually when I default to one of my usual forums it reverts back to the old style, it ain't doing it anymore. :(
    Why did they mess with the layout. I absolutely hate this and tbh it's putting me off reading and posting. Does anyone know where I can find feedback to ask about this abomination?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Do you all not just click "view first unread"??

I'm confused. It always brings me back to where I read last when I click that even if I don't follow that thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Why did they mess with the layout. I absolutely hate this and tbh it's putting me off reading and posting. Does anyone know where I can find feedback to ask about this abomination?

Feedback Forum thread

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=112241009#post112241009
    Please note you need to have been on the site a minimum 3 months and have a postcount of at least 100 to post in Feedback

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

pinkyeye wrote: »
    Do you all not just click "view first unread"??

I'm confused. It always brings me back to where I read last when I click that even if I don't follow that thread?

It depends on where you click. If you click on the green circle you'll get to the latest post. If you click on the red circle you'll get to the first unread post.

500058.jpg

Is that not still the case for you guys?

New Home wrote: »
    It depends on where you click. If you click on the green circle you'll get to the latest post. If you click on the red circle you'll get to the first unread post.

500058.jpg

Is that not still the case for you guys?

I have never :o clicked there new home, how smart of you all! thank you!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I won't tell you how many years I was on Boards before I realised that..................................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

TA Newie beat me to posting that image aid.

I have never :o clicked there new home, how smart of you all! thank you!

I didn't know that either. I use my phone almost exclusively and it just does it automatically when I click a thread. Glad New Home figured that out for you. No more trawling back through posts! :)

The glitch has stopped for me. Yay!

I didn't know that either. I use my phone almost exclusively and it just does it automatically when I click a thread. Glad New Home figured that out for you. No more trawling back through posts! :)

The glitch has stopped for me. Yay!

TH's all around! :) :pac:

Oi! Off to the happy thread with you lot! :mad:

(Palindrome, YAY!!!! :D

Oh, damn... I'm happy too, now... :mad:)

• Advertisement

Grunt at yer happiness.
    I have this savage metallic taste in my mouth that I cant get rid of. The cheesecake I had earlier was wasted on me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,881 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When people just assume everybody of all ages uses the internet!

ever second guess yourself?

(fighting it!)
    the delete button and I have a love/hate relationship :/

When you use the toilet at work and sit down to take care of business but the seat is all warm from the previous occupant…

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

When you use the toilet at work and sit down to take care of business but the seat is all warm from the previous occupant…

Better warm than wet. Beats me how the seat in a ladies toilet can have moisture on it :mad:

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Happening me too!
    Mam of 4 wrote: »

ETA,

Obviously not this thread though :pac:
    A few times when I checked my stats (to see if I posted in a thread)....... It shows me threads I never even seen before (nor posted in)... the glitch is an odd one this time.
    I normally use Chrome for Boards.. but when I click on a thread..it asks me do I want to open the Twitter link! with chrome or the Twitter app.... Firefox works perfectly.....it's just since the "fix" this morning... weird!

Apologies for the interruption to both the thread and your use of the site! If these issues are still occurring for you could you start a new thread about it in Site development please and we can ask for whatever other info we might need from you there. Thanks so much :)

TA when someone interrupts the TA thread with something totally off-topic :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

The use of the word 'amount' when the word 'number' should be used.

For example...'the amount of times...'

Antares35 wrote: »
    Better warm than wet. Beats me how the seat in a ladies toilet can have moisture on it :mad:

A friend of mine has a teenage daughter and the toilet seats in the house are destroyed with fake tan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

TA that girls fake tan their arses these days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I did not know this was even a thing until now. It beggars belief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Well if you stop at your thighs you'll be going around with a big white arse, that's why I do it. Continuity purposes. Makes it look more "natural" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Well if you stop at your thighs you'll be going around with a big white arse, that's why I do it. Continuity purposes. Makes it look more "natural" :pac:

but who would be seeing said arse that would even care? It is not like you are flashing your arse to all and sundry. You're not, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

It would be their thighs, moreso I would have thought? Wearing short skirt, thighs have to be done too!

Don't wear fake tan myself so not an expert!

It would be their thighs, moreso I would have thought?

Depends on the size of the arse I suppose? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

but who would be seeing said arse that would even care? It is not like you are flashing your arse to all and sundry. You're not, right?

It just looks stupid, I don't always do it but when I don't the sight of it ends up annoying me. It just looks ridiculous.

• Advertisement

Well, I suppose there is a reason why they're using fake tan on their backsides... isn't that whole general area called "where the sun doesn't shine"? No sun, no tan, see? :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

I like to slather fake tan all over me arse til I'm like Ross out of friends. Makes me feel exotic....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I've a couple of semi-related TAs.

Old Drivers.

I was in Nexttownover during the week when the old guy (guessing early 70s) in the entry level 5 series in front of me drove right out into a roundabout before emergency stopping when he saw the van on his right. At least the guy in the van was paying attention or else he would have been T-boned.

Further down the road someone indicated then stopped to parallel park. The old guy again reacted to this with an emergency stop and almost running into the back of him.

When we got to the next roundabout, he took the right lane. Well, I say he took the right lane - about a fifth of his car was in my lane. Which as it turns out, should have been his lane too, but it's kind of non-standard though clearly marked on the road. Anyway, there was room for me to wait beside him but I'm glad I didn't, because when he took off, he cut right across my lane before going back into his. Before exiting the roundabout he cut back into my lane without indicating.

Later I saw a woman who was probably in her mid 70s stopped in the middle of the road. It turns out she was waiting for some lady in an Almeria to leave a parking space so she could park there. Would have been a tight squeeze for her Quasqhai+2, but I didn't see what happened because when I went out of sight she was still holding up one side of Main Street.

The last lady I'm ranting about was probably in her 80s. She parallel parked a Yaris in a handicapped spot in one go. Mind you, she needed the whole width of the street to do it, almost mounted the far kerb, and never once checked her blind spots. You could have hidden a bull elephant (or a mammy with a pram) from her mirrors. Also didn't have a handicapped sticker.

I'm kind of sympathetic to old people and their car being a life saving bit of independence, but I also like not being held up and/or being in an accident because of them.

Rant two - Short drivers.

I was stuck behind a Waterford reg van the same day who was hogging the overtaking lane (do all Waterford people do that, or do I have observation bias) while some guy in a 3 series was tailgating me. He was so short the only reason his nose was over the steering wheel was because he was driving with his nose in the air. Seriously! If he checked his blind spot, how much could he actually see? The shoulder of the chair was higher than his eye line. His eye line was barely higher than the sill of the side windows. How much could he actually see? And if his airbag goes off I think he's mostly getting it in the teeth.

I think we need mandatory booster seats for short people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Holy rip off, Batman!

I was just doing some online shopping and found what I wanted available to reserve and collect for a good price, but did some price comparison just in case. It was €400 more expensive at a leading chemist that also has an online store! FOUR HUNDRED! yellandsell.ie only had an inferior model but they were €100 more expensive.

For fairness sake I'll add that yellandsell.ie saved me €80 on my last microwave, so it's not all overpriced inferior crap that they sell, and that other site probably has good deals on other items, but it shows how important shopping around is....

Grunt at yer happiness.
    I have this savage metallic taste in my mouth that I cant get rid of. The cheesecake I had earlier was wasted on me.

My first symptom of pregnancy was always a strong metallic taste in my mouth , before any other sign , should you do a test ? ;);)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement