Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Lingering on my first coffee of the day. I may well enjoy it because I've run out of milk.

I made the mistake of clicking on some daily quiz and now there's quizzes showing up in my feed all the time. They always say things like 'the most difficult questions imaginable!' and '95% of people couldn't answer a single question correctly'.

Then the questions are practically:
    Which of these is the first letter of the alphabet?
    A. A
    B. Z
    C. P
    D. T

Or like:
    Where does a goldfish live?
    A. A radiator
    B. A car engine
    C. A fish tank.
    D. A shoe.

Ok maybe those are made up but seriously if 95% of people can't pass these things we're all fecked. But of course they can and it's all lies and I'm the idiot for clicking on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

When someones birthday goes on for nearly a month. The build up, the event, the aftermath, and milking it dry. Now fair enough if you're 18 or 21, but fcuk sake, 33 has no significance. Cop yourself on. It's the attention it craves I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Antares35 wrote: »
    People saying "them's the rules". Also saying "sat" when they mean "sitting". E.g "I was just sat there minding my own business". Blatant misuse of English! Deliberately saying "then" instead of "than" e.g. "it costs more then it used to". Oh god just people.

It's creeping in here from people watching those brain rotting soaps every night.
    "We was sat in the Vic innit"
    It wont be long til I hear someone say "put kettle on"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

People who are late for the cinema, twats.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I made the mistake of clicking on some daily quiz and now there's quizzes showing up in my feed all the time. They always say things like 'the most difficult questions imaginable!' and '95% of people couldn't answer a single question correctly'.

Then the questions are practically:
    Which of these is the first letter of the alphabet?
    A. A
    B. Z
    C. P
    D. T

Or like:
    Where does a goldfish live?
    A. A radiator
    B. A car engine
    C. A fish tank.
    D. A shoe.

Ok maybe those are made up but seriously if 95% of people can't pass these things we're all fecked. But of course they can and it's all lies and I'm the idiot for clicking on them.

Well of course anyone with half a brain could them.........

T and car engine.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

No, Mahon point!

They're the same all over the place so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Saracens not getting dumped out of the Heineken Cup pool stages, the doorty cheats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Saracens not getting dumped out of the Heineken Cup pool stages, the doorty cheats.

But...on the other hand .. they could spank Leinster in the QF .... should be in the TH thread I guess :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

But...on the other hand .. they could spank Leinster in the QF .... should be in the TH thread I guess :D

A) not going to happen and B) who hurt you that you would rather see Sarries beat *anyone*?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,153 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

What’s worse is the horrible scum got everyone’s hopes up by playing with a man down for the whole second half.

Two weeks in a row. They really are giving everyone the “two fingers”.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

A) not going to happen and B) who hurt you that you would rather see Sarries beat *anyone*?

Jaysus...it was an obvious joke, thought it was obvious since they cost us a QF place .. . TA some people can't take a joke :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

When did 'puffa jackets' become 'puffer coats', or am I just showing my age? They were definitely 'puffa jackets' in the 90s!

Jaysus...it was an obvious joke, thought it was obvious since they cost us a QF place .. . TA some people can't take a joke :D

Wasn’t obvious.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Wasn’t obvious.

Oh, if I was going to slag you off, you'd know it, don't worry on that score....
    since Munster have been beaten this year, the and even more so last year I'd have thought any proper rugby fan would have gotten the joke.
    But I'll let it there as being TA at snowflakes ain't my style

• Advertisement

Oh, if I was going to slag you off, you'd know it, don't worry on that score....since Munster have been beaten this year, the and even more so last year I'd have thought any proper rugby fan would have gotten the joke.
    But I'll let it there as bring TA at snowflakes ain't my style

Ok, boomer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Was in CEX buying an old PS2 game. The box was for the Normal release but they gave me the disc from the platinum release. ☹️

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

elfy4eva wrote: »
    Was in CEX buying an old PS2 game. The box was for the Normal release but they gave me the disc from the platinum release. ☹️

I remember buying Skyrim in CEX and having a similar thing happen only it benefited me. Paid for vanilla and they put the GOTY disc in with all DLC.

On topic, Dancing with the Stars. Don't get the appeal. Annoying presenters, z list celebrities dancing badly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

I've done an epic food prep session for the week ahead and my kitchen looks like it's been burglarized. The dishwasher will be looking for double time when finished.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

elfy4eva wrote: »

How do you mean platinum release?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

It was the PS3 version of PS4 classics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Got a call on the landline and a reaseach person wanted to do a survey on politics. I know newspapers outsource these to agencies who do this sort of work.

Asked my age and then said they didn't want me. Well they didn't bluntly say that, just I wasn't in the range they were looking for. I know, I know they have to hit a certain amount of people in each sample size, young, middle aged, pensioners, whatever.

Rejected by a cold caller :(

Isn't it supposed to me rejecting them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Well on PS2 games that went platinum came with a silver case and plain silver disc with basic game title on it. I got a mismatched box from the original release but with a platinum release disc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

My new job requires me to depend on buses and there’s nothing worse.Luckily I have flexi time because if I had a set time to get to work by, the unreliable shower that is BE wouldn’t be able for it.
    15 minutes late every morning.
    Friday was the worst of it. Nearly at work, bus driver stops at a stop with nobody getting on or off to take a personal call. Sounded like he was selling something.
    I say to him as I’m getting off did you just stop the bus to take a call? People are trying to get to work.
    He said,I’ll tell ya now, my wife is going to the doctor and needed the number. Ffs
    Then on the bus home, possibly same driver does it again, only this time pulls over to scroll through his phone. I ended up hopping off in the middle of the road as my bus met another on a narrow road and both kept coming then my driver had to get out and direct, both holding up traffic on both lanes of Maunsells road and Taylors Hill started to get backed up. Surely they know they can’t both come together. And it all would have been avoided is this guy didn’t need to keep checking his phone. The ignorance of keeping a bus full of people waiting is astonishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Ah Galway

I remember the first time living in Dublin and seeing these wide open roads like Fairview Strand with dedicated bus lanes and a bus service for the city. Yet locals cursed and feefed Dublin Bus, why are you complaining?

Dublin Bus is amazing compared to the city "services" that Bus Eireann pretend to do

I feel the pain of the TA poster above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

This is the most pathetic, petty TA but I’ve a friend who always asks for Netflix recommendations.
    When I drop into conversation if she’s watched the recommendation yet, she’s always full of excuses of how it doesn’t look like her thing blah blah blah and she’d rather watch more interesting instead.
    Grand, no bother.

Then a few months later she inevitably ends up watching it and I’ve to listen to how amazing it is and how she wishes she watched it sooner.
    I told you to watch it 6 months ago hun!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

SusieBlue wrote: »
    This is the most pathetic, petty TA but I’ve a friend who always asks for Netflix recommendations.
    When I drop into conversation if she’s watched the recommendation yet, she’s always full of excuses of how it doesn’t look like her thing blah blah blah and she’d rather watch more interesting instead.
    Grand, no bother.

Then a few months later she inevitably ends up watching it and I’ve to listen to how amazing it is and how she wishes she watched it sooner.
    I told you to watch it 6 months ago hun!!!!

Give her loads of random ****e to watch:DSee how she likes that.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

'I've found bladder leak underwear that's actually pretty.'

Eh, no it's not.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

When you buy milk and the tetrapak is leaking. Fridge covered in drops.

It doesn't happen with the plastic cartons but I find that milk tastes horrible from them.

It doesn't happen with the plastic cartons but I find that milk tastes horrible from them.
    I buy the 3 litre plastic bottles and they regularly leak,also the fridge in the shop constantly has a layer of milk and I dont want to put the milk on the car mats and I mightn't have a bag with me, I usually wipe them with a cloth before putting them in the fridge, very annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TA for bland commentary on games by rte. Give me tg4 any day of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭EllieB

My husband tells me it’s all in my head when I say that milk from a plastic cartons tastes funny.... I’m so glad it’s not just me! It’s RANK!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

EllieB wrote: »
    My husband tells me it’s all in my head when I say that milk from a plastic cartons tastes funny.... I’m so glad it’s not just me! It’s RANK!

Other people have said the same to me! I hate plastic carton milk. Even in tea or coffee it is noticeable. On cereal, it’s rotten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Monday’s are not the best day for working people but today feels extra miserable.
    Miserable squared.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Whether mentioned before or not

TA at plebs who have both L & N plates on the car, which is it!?
    Oh and learn how to drive either way...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

TA my TA from earlier didn't post.

TA that every letter in the English alphabet except W has one syllable.

TA the Help to Buy Scheme only applies to new builds. I know why it does, but for a couple like us who want to buy a small/ modest house with a bit of land around it as opposed to a large, semi-detached house, there is no help.

TA the over (and mis) use of the term "social construct".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Mundo7976 wrote: »
    Whether mentioned before or not

TA at plebs who have both L & N plates on the car, which is it!?
    Oh and learn how to drive either way...

We had that for a few years, one was driving on her N licence and the other two spurred on by her success, started taking lessons. If I had put plates for each they wouldn't have been able to see out of the back window.

Not that it would have mattered, as they dont seem to know about the use of mirrors or the blind spot anyway.

TA, men who because of their length of service think they are fortune tellers and ignore any evidence to the contrary, esp ta when their self proclaimed special powers are applied to me.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Text messages featuring as essential plot devices in tv shows and films... but always in tiny text in a small bubble on the screen and only flashing up for a second.

Dear TV makers,
    I live in a regular house, my couch is not positioned so my nose is pressed against the screen, I do not have ultramagnification vision. If you want to include text messages make the text size legible from average couch distance and leave it on screen a few extra seconds!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,541 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Feel sick.

Driving home from town with the GF earlier in her car when I lost control of it on black ice or something. Helpless as it skidded across the road and careened into the ditch, but thankfully I was able to steer it back onto the road and we sort of hit the top of the ditch so the damage was merely superficial (a dislodged bumper)

Had it been 50 feet sooner, we would have hit a brick wall, and if a car was approaching us, I feel sick thinking of what could have happened. My life flashed in front of my eyes.

The TA though is that council never bother gritting that section of road, even though its known for its dangers during cold weather, and there have been fatalities on it before.

Thanking my lucky stars in the mean-time though, and heading for a pint to settle the nerves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I share a garden space with my neighbour and it’s becoming unusable to me because I can’t even let the dog out on it because she lets her dog to the most ginormous shltes and leaves them there. It’s just disgusting a) because I don’t want to stand in it and b) my dog would spend all day sniffing shlt if he could. Any time he’s done his business out there I still pick it up and bin it. I’ve mentioned it causally to the landlord who didn’t seem too bothered and I get it’s her space too, but... ewww like.

Feel sick.

Driving home from town with the GF earlier in her car when I lost control of it on black ice or something. Helpless as it skidded across the road and careened into the ditch, but thankfully I was able to steer it back onto the road and we sort of hit the top of the ditch so the damage was merely superficial (a dislodged bumper)

Had it been 50 feet sooner, we would have hit a brick wall, and if a car was approaching us, I feel sick thinking of what could have happened. My life flashed in front of my eyes.

The TA though is that council never bother gritting that section of road, even though its known for its dangers during cold weather, and there have been fatalities on it before.

Thanking my lucky stars in the mean-time though, and heading for a pint to settle the nerves.

That's terrible. Glad you're ok. You should email the council and complain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭4Ad

Other people have said the same to me! I hate plastic carton milk. Even in tea or coffee it is noticeable. On cereal, it’s rotten.

My friend makes lovely coffee, one off the reasons is he doesnt use plastic milk comtainers, and it's so true..Never use them anymore...

I share a garden space with my neighbour and it’s becoming unusable to me because I can’t even let the dog out on it because she lets her dog to the most ginormous shltes and leaves them there. It’s just disgusting a) because I don’t want to stand in it and b) my dog would spend all day sniffing shlt if he could. Any time he’s done his business out there I still pick it up and bin it. I’ve mentioned it causally to the landlord who didn’t seem too bothered and I get it’s her space too, but... ewww like.

Post it back into her letterbox :D
    ..it's an offence to leave it in a common,or public area...neighbourino could be hit with a big fine if you alert the authorities...it's a health hazard and you can report it as such

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Be right back

That's terrible. Glad you're ok. You should email the council and complain.

Driving to work at 7.30 the other morning, taking it handy when a van came right up behind me and flashed his lights. He could have hung back for about 10 seconds and passed me out in the fast lane!

Driving to work at 7.30 the other morning, taking it handy when a van came right up behind me and flashed his lights. He could have hung back for about 10 seconds and passed me out in the slow lane!

???
    Why would he use the slow lane to overtake ?
    Were you in the fast lane ?

• Advertisement

4Ad wrote: »
    ???
    Why would he use the slow lane to overtake ?
    Were you in the fast lane ?

Sorry, no I wasn't. Road divided shortly after into slow lane and fast lane. I drove in the slow lane.

Sorry, no I wasn't. Road divided shortly after into slow lane and fast lane. I drove in the slow lane.

I understand now, sorry, he just had no patience..
    (Like me)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,576 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

People who refer to the driving lane and overtaking lane as the slow lane and fast lane.

People who refer to the driving lane and overtaking lane as the slow lane and fast lane.

Apologies for being old school!!

TA, saw 1917 today. At a particular point, someone's mobile rang!! Very annoying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Apologies for being old school!!

TA, saw 1917 today. At a particular point, someone's mobile rang!! Very annoying!

I saw it at the weekend, great show but my ta is that the seat beside me was free until about 15 mins in when some dose arrived in and plonked herself in it.
    I had been congratulating myself on my luck prior to her arrival.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement