Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

In a queue and 2 women either side of me,talking over my head.Like they are net even quiet.I had to lower my haring aid down.People have no cop on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,517 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I think I'm coming down with a head cold :(

Decided to forego training tonight just in case as I've also signed up for Couch 25k next week. Definitely don't want to miss the first week of that. I was really looking forward to training tonight:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I think I'm coming down with a head cold :(

Decided to forego training tonight just in case as I've also signed up for Couch 25k next week. Definitely don't want to miss the first week of that. I was really looking forward to training tonight:(

LOl....oh dear...I recognise this. Any old excuse...;)

I have a sore throat and I am hitting the track tonight. Running rule is:

"Above the neck you are fine"
    Below the neck leave it out"

LO....oh dear...I recognise this. Any old excuse...;)

I have a sore throat and I am hitting the track tonight. Running rule is:

"Above the neck you are fine"
    Below the neck leave it out"

Tonight's training is martial arts though. I don't fancy a blow to the noggin because I have a headache.

TA at condescending and judgemental replies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Tonight's training is martial arts though. I don't fancy a blow to the noggin because I have a headache.

Fair enough. I assumed you were going running...beware those hang nails and papercuts..they will set you back no end...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The type of man Im stuck with at work atm, who make a point of being annoying and then label the women who get annoyed, emotional!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

I know it's probably been said several times already in this thread, but people who don't even acknowledge you after you've waited/yielded right of way for them in the car.

Must take a special sort of self-absorbed prick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

My mother expecting me to remember the affairs, family secrets,etc from when I was about four. I clearly wasn't told because I was a child.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

My inability to deal with boredom is a TA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

CFlat wrote: »
    Drivers who stop at least a meter from the solid white line and still think they can see whats coming left and right.

Pull up to the line ya gob****e, it's positioned there for a reason.

Better than the c#nts that seem to think that line doesn't exist, sticks ther nose beyond it whilst still rolling and looking left, traffic comes from your right, d!ck.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

I know it's probably been said several times already in this thread, but people who don't even acknowledge you after you've waited/yielded right of way for them in the car.

Must take a special sort of self-absorbed prick.

A lot of them about ...mainly women.

A lot of them about ...mainly women.

Love to see the stats on that?

TA my partner making me laugh when I'm mad at him! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

My mother expecting me to remember the affairs, family secrets,etc from when I was about four. I clearly wasn't told because I was a child.

Trivially annoyed that your family sounds more exciting than mine :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

TA about Sinn Féin....well...tbh...it's more than a TA...
    Probably the biggest shower of hypocrites and liars running for the dáil...and that's saying something

"Ohhh . our Pearce will sort the banks, health, housing and make the baby Jesus bow before him"

Hmm.,this is a guy who can't count to 11 without pulling out another appendage ...and said the cold blooded murder of Lyra McKee besmirched the name of the IRA..... yeah.... if it wasn't so disgusting I'd laugh..

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Love to see the stats on that?

TA my partner making me laugh when I'm mad at him! :D

The Stats ?

Are you for real ? I guess I can only go by my observations gathered over 26 yrs driving experience.

Might text up that plummy voiced AA Dude,,,, Conor Faughnan...it's possible he might have some stats on this.

He seems to have stats on everything else..(throw that in as a TA...plummy voiced Dudes with stats on everything)

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,692 ✭✭✭storker

Feisar wrote: »
    No, was in the house the other day and there was a knock on the door, FF canvassers. [...] Odd feeling of compulsion has come over me!

Just tell everybody that you're going to vote whatever way they're asking you to vote, then vote however you like in the polling booth. They'll never know.

My dad, a great believer in the quiet life, sent every canvasser away convinced that they'd secured his vote. It was the quickest way to get rid of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,717 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Being a non-toudh-typist is a ta when your keyboard letters wear off, and the d looks like a c and the real c key is nowhere to be found.

Also, youtube hadks bite - paint pens or nail varnishing magazine letters only make it worse.

Having a driving related TA myself this morning. Had to blow the horn at some old fella who half entered my lane (thereby forcing me to break to avoid hitting him) and remained half in his lane.

I loved the way he just stared straight ahead with a "if I ignore the SUV next to me then it doesn't exist" look on his face. The killing part is that he could of moved up to the front of his lane if he hadn't decided to take up two, thus moving his lane on a bit more.

Then when we got the green light, he kept hoping from one lane to the next.

I don't care if this upsets people, but considering there is a minimum age for when you are deemed responsible enough to drive, I think a maximum age should also be introduced. There are a lot of old people who shouldn't be on the road as they are a hazard to other road users and themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,338 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

storker wrote: »
    It was the quickest way to get rid of them.

I always found straight away asking "Would you support the removal of the legislation that forces me (male) to have maternity and child cover on my private health insurance" would leave them in a speechless state and I'd just close the door then.

TA that i've been working all night and as I'm coming to the end of my shift that glorious fog is lifting. Love driving in the fog!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Accidentally signing off a work email with "kind "ret*rds" instead of "kind regards" :(:(:(:(

If it makes you feel any better, one of the lads in the office replied back using "All" to a high up manager saying "Thanks, Doritos!"

Her name is Dorota :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Waiting at bus stop and people who wont stand still and just keep pacing up and down right on front of me. Grrrr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

storker wrote: »
    Just tell everybody that you're going to vote whatever way they're asking you to vote, then vote however you like in the polling booth. They'll never know.

My dad, a great believer in the quiet life, sent every canvasser away convinced that they'd secured his vote. It was the quickest way to get rid of them.

That's my strategy this time. Even the ones I despise, I'll smile and promise them my vote. They're bullsh***ing us, so time to turn it round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I woke up to find there's no sugar, and I'm all topsy-turvy over it. The nearest shop is a 15 minute walk, and the shop could be busy, and I might be in there longer than I intend, and it'll end up being, like, a 45 minute period away from the house just so I can have a cup of coffee....and I have to leave at 3pm for work.

And I haven't even gotten dressed yet, and I stink, which means I need to toy with the idea of having a shower before I go to the shop or wait til I'm about to leave for work.

Or I could just have my coffee sugarless, and nearly get sick drinking it. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,932 ✭✭✭gifted

Revenue ****ed up my tax for 2019 so paying way more tax now every week and owe them a lot of money........so angry right now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

The irony of the woman who sits next to me moaning to me about how someone had interrupted her lunch with mindless small talk...……..while I'm on my lunch.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    The irony of the woman who sits next to me moaning to me about how someone had interrupted her lunch with mindless small talk...……..while I'm on my lunch.

I laughed unnecessarily loud at this. That's ridiculous

Pyr0 wrote: »
    If it makes you feel any better, one of the lads in the office replied back using "All" to a high up manager saying "Thanks, Doritos!"

Her name is Dorota :D:D
    I once sent out a letter on company stationary, using our standard greeting for national institutions, which ended in a word that sounds a lot like the irish for donkey.
    As few of us could write in Irish, there were sheets that showed us how to spell the necessary words, mine had been smeared by a hot coffee cup.

You guessed it, off it went calling the recipients, donkeys!

I've posted about my use of the park gym before, we were driving past the other day and I queried its placement, while its very picturesque, its also first to get the endless showers. Making the machines wet, which is a concern to me as my balance is badly compromised.

Ta the response to this is that, there are holes in the machines for the water to run off!
    Ta, Im stuck in a place that has to be the wettest, greyest in the country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Phone vibrating when on silent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

People who are much fonder of the sound of their own voices than they should be.

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Accidentally signing off a work email with "kind "ret*rds" instead of "kind regards" :(:(:(:(

Could be worse........depends totally on who it is you're emailing :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

€39 customs charge on an order from CD Japan.
    That's a first. Japan and Australia were always *safe*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

Yer man out of Bastille's voice.

Also, Kasper Schmeichels head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I did a big shop in SuperValu today and only realised when I got home that I'd a €10 off voucher on the app on my phone.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Failed the NCT on something they never mentioned before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,600 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Postman still shoving junk mail into letter box despite "no junk mail" sign.

Now it's election junk. Local FG hopeful with a big country turnip head on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TA for unrequited love.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

TA at white headlights with a blue tinge.
    TA, because I do most things with my left hand, when I'm back from walking the dog I have to swop the lead into my right hand so I can put the key in the door with the left.
    When I'm out walking the dog (she is a large breed) I am guaranteed it is always tiny yappers that will start growling, barking and trying to get at her. It must be small dog syndrome :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Fcukin straight into the fire with them.its the best place for the fcukers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Melania Frump

"No junk mail" signs.

As bad as "baby on board"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

TA at myself for running away from someone (again)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

honeybear wrote: »
    TA at myself for running away from someone (again)

Contact them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Drivers not using fog lights in the fog

TA when I tell people I've no interest in voting for a political party and they tell me "you've no right to complain"

Complain about what, exactly?

I've no interest in politics, or any of that kind of shíte at all. I accept what is in front of me and that's it. I get on with life. Why would I put my energy into bothering what a politician says when I have never, in all my years of being aware of it all, heard a single soul say "our government is great". I don't even know what our government IS!!!

If I get into listening to politicians, I'll be just like every other bitter individual that ironically tells me I've no right to complain, when they do it more than me, about the very thing they want me to be interested in......... who's gain is it, really? If I got interested in it, I'd be more miserable. Why should I be interested in that? What, so that I can be another addition to every other person that writes "I think it's a disgrace" on Facebook?

I think I'll take being happy with my own life and take the challenges that are ahead. Everyone else does it, "bad" government or otherwise.

Another linked TA - the general consensus that if you don't vote, you're basically a príck, somehow. And I'd have done nothing wrong to anyone leading up to that discovery.

"No junk mail" signs.

As bad as "baby on board"

Why?

I'm not shoving it into everyone's face, just our dumb ass postie.
    Maybe you're happy getting a sh1t ton of unwanted paper.

Fcukin straight into the fire with them.its the best place for the fcukers

The flyers or the candidates?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Pamsteer

In shared houses where some people have their room heaters fully on with their windows open in the middle of winter, in spite of the fact that the electricity bill is huge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

TA, when I'm stopped in traffic and the car in front of me rolls forward giving me the illusion that I am rolling backwards. I can actually feel myself rolling.

TA, if you don't immediately rinse a bowl that has had porridge or Weetabix in it, it sets like concrete. I'm wondering is this why it was called "Weetabix the builder" :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,568 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    TA, when I'm stopped in traffic and the car in front of me rolls forward giving me the illusion that I am rolling backwards. I can actually feel myself rolling.

TA, if you don't immediately rinse a bowl that has had porridge or Weetabix in it, it sets like concrete. I'm wondering is this why it was called "Weetabix the builder" :)

I get the same thing except it normally happens when the car next to me rolls forward. Especially scary when you are on an incline.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement