Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

My favourite band said they had “an announcement” today.
    All day I’ve been delighted, thinking a new album would be released, but it’s an American tour.

Double TA that I sound like a fifteen year old emo kid :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Events that don’t have a stated duration or end time. Am dropping my daughter to a panto tonight; she has no phone so need to know what time to collect her. Have texted and messaged the event page. No reply. FFS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

Don't you know it is considered tasteless even in academia to refer to oneself as 'Dr' when you are not a medical doctor ....

Don't you know Dr. Yellowbelly is class and your post is tasteless?.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Movie adaptations of classic novels where people think it's the first time made when it's already been filmed a dozen times over the decades.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

On a similar vein, "New & Improved" versions of products.

Does that mean the previous ones were sh1t?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

My favourite band said they had “an announcement” today.
    All day I’ve been delighted, thinking a new album would be released, but it’s an American tour.

Double TA that I sound like a fifteen year old emo kid :o

What band?

Ta'd at being ignored by someone.

Ta'd at someone not bothering to read my message on Whatapp despite being online most of the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Ta'd at someone not bothering to read my message on Whatapp despite being online most of the day.

I know that feeling.

TA at having a hankering for something really sweet but not sure what. Might stick my tongue in the sugar bowl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

TA that someone asked me to send a photo of something so they could see the pattern . I went out of my way to take pictures and send . TA at someone receiving them , reading them and not bothering to even say thanks . A thumbs up would do even

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

TA at drivers stopping for people at a pedestrian crossing when drivers have the green light. What I mean is there's a button the pedestrian can push , and after a minute or 2 the they can walk and traffic get a red light.
    Simple system till a driver ,( usually elderly and female) decides to stop and wave the pedestrian across against the lights thus fcucking the whole system up !

• Advertisement

What band?

My Chemical Romance.

I say that with no shame :D

My new TA is Seph being glum.

*sends Seph my last kinder bueno*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

My Chemical Romance.

My new TA is Seph being glum.

*sends Seph my last kinder bueno*

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2020/0127/1111170-my-chemical-romance-announce-dublin-show/

Enjoy!

TA I have no kinder bueno.

I genuinely squealed when that was announced :D

I’m watching the match and adding buenos for Ted to my shopping list.

I genuinely squealed when that was announced :D

I’m watching the match and adding buenos for Ted to my shopping list.

I'm worse than a child when it comes to food. No matter how much I have, I always want more.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I'm worse than a child when it comes to food. No matter how much I have, I always want more.

:D
    Or if someone has something different I want that instead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭apieceofcake

TA that I’m exhausted every evening after work this week. Usually out doing things a good few evenings but I’m just wrecked. Not sick, maybe it’s the weather?!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

TA that I’m exhausted every evening after work this week. Usually out doing things a good few evenings but I’m just wrecked. Not sick, maybe it’s the weather?!

Nah, you've a bad case of Januaritis. Almost everyone catches it.

It might be the weather. My leg has just gave up and decided not to work and I'm putting it down to the weather :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

My Chemical Romance.

Have no shame in yo game ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

A relative of mine fills the kettle for a cup of tea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    A relative of mine fills the kettle for a cup of tea.

Elderly uncle here overfills the kettle for the two mugs of tea for the both of us. Constantly mopping up the worktop after the kettle boils. He means well, but it drives me nuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Trying to write a thank you ecard,
    getting the balance between being the right amount of thankful but not closing the door on further contact.

I wish I was good with words.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I'm thinking about booking a newborn photo shoot for when babba arrives, but all the places I look at do that really annoying thing where they prop the babies up with say their head resting on their hands, or wrapped up in little acorns, or put them into baskets and dress them in silly frilly things. I'd prefer a natural photograph of our newbie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,576 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

The reporter on virgin media news repeatedly referring to a 'default' with the lifts in NCT centres. It's a fault or a defect not a default.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,153 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Antares35 wrote: »
    I'm thinking about booking a newborn photo shoot for when babba arrives, but all the places I look at do that really annoying thing where they prop the babies up with say their head resting on their hands, or wrapped up in little acorns, or put them into baskets and dress them in silly frilly things. I'd prefer a natural photograph of our newbie!

You’ll be there with them so if you’re not into the “towel-filled” bucket thing you can just say no.

They’re always going to have them on a fluffy blanket with a “cute” hat on though, you can’t avoid that.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

You’ll be there with them so if you’re not into the “towel-filled” bucket thing you can just say no.

They’re always going to have them on a fluffy blanket with a “cute” hat on though, you can’t avoid that.

I don't mind the fluffy blanket, its the wrapping them up into little balls and making them look like pixies that gets me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Cooking dinner to a time.Im doing roast chicken today and its supposed to take 50 minutes.Fine but the roasters are having other ideas.

Why is it when im waiting on the dinner it never cooks and if i wasnt pushed everything would be cooked bang on time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

New Home wrote: »
    Nah, you've a bad case of Januaritis. Almost everyone catches it.

Jannui.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Meh-nuary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

Gob****es ruining threads talking absolute rubbish. Forcing their weird opinions on people and picking arguments and flaws in what someone has said when in fact the vast majority of people would agree with the person they're picking arguments with. And it goes on page after page then in what was a light-hearted enough thread. Le yawn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

The person i sit beside at work (my manager’s manager) is lovely and all, but eats celery at her desk and the crunching and the smell drives me insane.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

When you're in a rented or borrowed car and need a fill up when you realise you have no clue which side the petrol cap is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭EllieB

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    When you're in a rented or borrowed car and need a fill up when you realise you have no clue which side the petrol cap is on.

There’s an arrow beside the fuel light symbol that points to whichever side the fuel tank is ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I bought a pair of jeans in Penneys two sizes bigger than my actual size for a slouchy fit, and couldn’t get them on up over my arse. What is going on!!
    *mind thinks back to the truck load of empty wine bottles I dumped last week.
    Hmm Nope can’t be that..

So mysterious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I bought a pair of jeans in Penneys two sizes bigger than my actual size for a slouchy fit, and couldn’t get them on up over my arse. What is going on!!
    *mind thinks back to the truck load of empty wine bottles I dumped last week.
    Hmm Nope can’t be that..

So mysterious.

Their "new improved sizing" is sh1te!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

EllieB wrote: »
    There’s an arrow beside the fuel light symbol that points to whichever side the fuel tank is ;)

That was my other TA. I knew there was a way to tell but couldn't remember what it was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

TAs me when people sign their name with an illegible scrawl. You can just about make out their initials but other than that there are no distinct letters. Smacks of "I'm so important I don't even have time to write my name properly"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

People who fill in forms but don't use BLOCK LETTERS. I'm pretty sure every form ever printed always has the words "PLEASE USE BLOCK LETTERS ONLY" in a fairly prominent position.

Something I've Seen Occasionally Is The First Letter Of Every Word Capitalised, Usually On Facebook. What The Hell Is That About? It Hurts My Eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    TAs me when people sign their name with an illegible scrawl. You can just about make out their initials but other than that there are no distinct letters. Smacks of "I'm so important I don't even have time to write my name properly"

tenor.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

tenor.gif

Heh! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

A bunch of my relations are doctors etc so it's almost a competition to see who can out squiggle each other in the signatures.

My TA is that I think I have fallen in love with Villanelle from the tv show Killing Eve.
    I fear this will be unrequited love but if we ever did get it on then she would likely eventually kill me. If my wife does not kill me first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,600 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

That Texaco children's art competition ad, "Bobby the Cow".
    "Bobby" is male we are informed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I've had the theme tune for Prisoner : Cell Block H playing in my head all day. Where the hell did that come from?...

Also, earlier I used "Banoffee Pie" in an analogy and now I really, really want some Banoffee Pie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

I've had the theme tune for Prisoner : Cell Block H playing in my head all day. Where the hell did that come from?...

Also, earlier I used "Banoffee Pie" in an analogy and now I really, really want some Banoffee Pie.

He used to give me roses I wish he would again.....

Feck ye, now I'm TA'd it's in my head.

Another TA is I'm not long back from Budapest and with the amount of walking I did I'm more bollixed than before I went. Thankfully had a short 2 day week in work.

Pulling up at the ticket booth at the shipping center car park and stopping 2 CMS too far away to take out/put in my ticket.
    So seatbelt off and half way out the window and then the seatbelt alarm is getting louder and louder. FUC OFF !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Calling women "girls". Sounds very pimp like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭Bredabe

How much more slowly the email account that has the most fraught messages, takes to open.
    Freaking out my nerves.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,717 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Been needing a haircut for awhile now, feeling ragged is driving me bonkers... and yet, getting a bad haircut would be even worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

There's a couple of female radio presenters who switch from talking English to Irish for a few words and then back to English again, absolutely ridiculous and no need for it. I don't know what they get out of it. It's rampant on iRadio and also on 2FM from time to time. If they want to show off their Irish speaking skills then I wish they would do it somewhere else and fcuk off interrupting what your saying by doing it in multiple languages. It's pointless doing it on iRadio and 2FM and extremely annoying and I always switch the station when the culprits do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

i hate havin to switch over to the girlfriends ****ty android when I run out of guice.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement