Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

And when they flash their lights at you before passing you out.

That is a requirement in alot of jurisdictions. I thought it was also the case here but may be incorrect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Be right back

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    That is a requirement in alot of jurisdictions. I thought it was also the case here but may be incorrect

Really? Never heard of it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 MissDisaster

RMAOK wrote: »
    People who drive right up behind you thinking it'll speed you up.

That's when I like to slow down even more.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,499 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

That's when I like to slow down even more.:D

And let buses, trucks, tractors, etc. out from a minor road onto yours :D

Very close results in exit polls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

You can buy a liquid nitrogen spray that, instantly, hardens the “mess” and lets you get it up easier.

I, personally, just get as much up as I can with the poop bag and then put some peat, or sand, over the remaining “patch”.

Have you changed the dog’s diet? I always find boil rice and “cooked” chicken from a packet is best.

Oh, you’re “back” at it “again” yet it makes “absolutely” no sense “why”.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

RTE player! Stuttering and stalling more than a CIE bus.

It just does not work and it's been the same for years

Why can't they fix it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

mikemac2 wrote: »
    RTE player! Stuttering and stalling more than a CIE bus.

It just does not work and it's been the same for years

Why can't they fix it
    TA'ed that RTE can release an obviously flawed app without extensive testing and yet suffer no consequences when the abysmal failure of the app becomes apparent. TA'ed that there seems to be no accountability for the money that we are forced to pay RTE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

TA is your man on TV who keeps referring in Fainna Foil, and not Fianna Fawl

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

TA that boards is running sooooo slowly again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Cyclists who loudly shout when approaching a pedestrian on the road because they're too dumb to get a bell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

That I cooked a huge brunch to make fridge space ahead of a grocery shop. But because I ate so much, I’m too full to do the shop, thinking of pushing it into tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Eden Future Cheek

People who have gone to dubai and insist on talking about it....no one bloody cares...know a few who have been to Dubai before and they have to either sneak it into a conversation or do a social media post about it....its like that vegan joke, how do you know someones been to Dubai...theyve told ya about it 100 times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject71

That I am now classed as a rereg,heh.

That I am now classed as a rereg,heh.

Please! I'm here 12 years and I lost count at 18 reregistrations :D
    TA I can't remember my first name on here!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Please! I'm here 12 years and I lost count at 18 reregistrations :D
    TA I can't remember my first name on here!!

Just curious as to why you'd do that?

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Just curious as to why you'd do that?

Would it TA you if I didn't say?
    :D

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Watching election coverage live on RTE Player. Have lost count of the number of times it's crashed today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭lucalux

People who stay in the same gear while driving up a steep hill, we're going at 80kph, now we're chugging along behind you going 35kph. Snap out of it willye!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject71

Having the song Cool Water stuck in your head,heh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Oh, you’re “back” at it “again” yet it makes “absolutely” no sense “why”.

Argh, I never "noticed" it until you "pointed" it out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

TA that I am snug & warm under duvet in freezing house but now need to get up & go to the toilet. ⛏

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Im so sleep deprived I was reading the Arlene thread but thought it said Mary Lou. For the first two or three pages I was really worried about my grasp of politics if I was that wrong about who and what Mary Lou MacDonald is.

Also I keep reading the time, in Euro.

Actors that give a lecture instead of saying thanks when they win an Oscar!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

The way politicians are hoisted awkwardly into the air when elected. Looks friggen ridiculous.

Samsgirl wrote: »
    The way politicians are hoisted awkwardly into the air when elected. Looks friggen ridiculous.

TA'd that they don't drop one or two of them

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Actors that give a lecture instead of saying thanks when they win an Oscar!

Ricky Gervais said it best

“If you do win an award tonight, don’t use it as a platform to make a political speech. You’re in no position to lecture the public about anything... so if you win, come up, accept your little award, thank your agent, and your god, and f*** off.”

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Ricky Gervais said it best

“If you do win an award tonight, don’t use it as a platform to make a political speech. You’re in no position to lecture the public about anything... so if you win, come up, accept your little award, thank your agent, and your god, and f*** off.”

I like Joaquin Phoenix but please don't go on about cows etc. Time and a place.

Sometimes its a ta that everything has to be emphasised with expletives. Sometimes its stronger without.

Also quite ta'd that every social media rant is adressed at Karen, Kevin, Sharon or Nigel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Entering a form for a competition, click the drop down and the Dublin post codes only go as far as Dublin 18 :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Shakira's voice. She sounds like a goat bleating.

I like most tiny homes but what is the fetish for shipping containers. Why built a wooden casing outside and line the inside. Just build in wood without the container, and youre not restricted by the dimensions of the container. . Going from not wanting to live in a concrete box (standard house) to living in a steel box?

They probably roast in summer, freeze in winter and off gas industrial paint or pesticide if they shipped fruit.

Theres something so irritatingly middle aged diy about it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    Are you kidding me? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Snails pace

Trivial annoyance of the morning: teas is gone cold and my socks are wet

James Corden and Rebel Wilson dressed up as cats at the Oscars. If they weren't annoying enough..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Still getting over being sick, but I still don’t have much energy to do anything, which is annoying because I have loads to actually do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Philip Scofield .Right so he is gay , grand now just go away and stop milking it for attention

I'm TA for his wife.

TA theres no more snooo. I had a use for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Hailstones galore. A marvellous day for your wipers to break.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

Got my nails done with a new shape and slightly longer length.

Trying to type on my phone is a TA until I get used to the difference.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Got my nails done with a new shape and slightly longer length.

Trying to type on my phone is a TA until I get used to the difference.

Be careful with your boyfriend's back as well, or he will be posting here in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Q102 incessant playing of Careless Whisper and She's like the Wind. I have no radio loyalty, and tend to just flick between stations. I swear every time I pass Q102 either of those songs is playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    New Home wrote: »
    Are you kidding me? :pac:

When did this become a Nanny state

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Fake ass people , who pretend to be something/someone other than who they are , quite sad that they feel so insecure in themselves that they need to do so .

• Advertisement

Would it TA you if I didn't say?
    :D

So no answer then ?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    When did this become a Nanny state

I blame the sheeple, Ted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Sleet is a big TA.
    It just plain sh1te. Its not proper snow but is freezing cold and gets you all wet. Can look deceiving, like fools gold.
    Could we just bypass the preliminaries and get on to the proper white stuff please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Sleet is a big TA.
    It just plain sh1te. Its not proper snow but is freezing cold and gets you all wet. Can look deceiving, like fools gold.
    Could we just bypass the preliminaries and get on to the proper white stuff please?

No thanks, i would like to be able to get home tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I'm here to whinge about cold feet again. Was at the hairdresser getting long overdue cut/colour /blow dry and the place was absolutely FREEZING. Bless her, she plugged in a portable oil radiator next to me but I just couldn't get warm. My feet haven't recovered since. Going to bed with a fluffy blanky and fleece socks now to recover. Brrrr and grrrr.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement