Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Umbrellas everywhere. Just because it is banjaxxed don't mean you can ram it into a hedge, stick it between a fence or wedge it in behind one of those little esb boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

When soneone is only interested in either form, or function, without an.appreciation for both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

Duffy's song "Mercy" stuck in my head since she made her announcement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,039 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Duffy's song "Mercy" stuck in my head since she made her announcement.

Try listening to ‘Warwick Avenue’, it’s a much better tune.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,920 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Umbrellas everywhere. Just because it is banjaxxed don't mean you can ram it into a hedge, stick it between a fence or wedge it in behind one of those little esb boxes.

Umbrellas in general. They'll be banned when I stage my benevolent coup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

Try listening to ‘Warwick Avenue’, it’s a much better tune.

Also in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Be right back

Shops that reduce the price of items but charge you the full price at the till.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Karma doesn't exist. It's make believe.

4BgQqZI.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

TA stuck in a daydream / procrastination loop. I seriously need a boot up the hole. But not just yet....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

People who dont move up in queues.There must have been a mile between the first and second fella in the queue.Move up for fecks sake.

• Advertisement

TA there are at least 6 named shades of red hair but they're usually all casually dismissed as "ginger".

Also a serious TA is how normal texting while driving is. It can be worse than drink driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

People who stand breathing down your neck in a queue, there's plenty of room, you have your spot, no need to climb into my jocks - you won't get to the top any quicker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Millicently

People who stand breathing down your neck in a queue, there's plenty of room, you have your spot, no need to climb into my jocks - you won't get to the top any quicker
    And the ones who keep 'accidentally' bumping you when you're in a queue. I literally cannot ram the person in front of me. Also the people who are in the queue behind me who ask if I can pass them a divider for the shopping when the only way I can do that is to walk past 2 customers ahead of me and get one from in front of them, so I usually just say NO. Aul ones who try to skip the queue by asking if they can because they only have a few things, NO fricking way, if I've only a few things myself. Don't get me wrong, if I see an elderly person with a heavy basket or who looks like they might need to go ahead then I'll always offer to let them go first, it's the cheeky ones who try to use age as an excuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,039 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

And the ones who keep 'accidentally' bumping you when you're in a queue.

Be very careful with those ones, M. There are a group of perverts engaging in, what is known as, “frottaging”.

They “get off” on grinding up against people, or even objects. If you’ve ever had to stand on public transport you’ll encounter these creeps. I have, personally, seen two different ones getting “gratification” from the vibrations from the pump at a petrol station. Real unseemly stuff.

If you’re trying to squeeze past them on a packed bus, or train, they feign you move out of your way put they push out their “groinal” region and press it against you.

I’m aware that some will view this as a “victimless” crime and is, somewhat, low on the sex pestery scale but I still try to keep my basket, bag, or whatever I have on me to use as a “shield” to prevent any contact.

Be aware of your surroundings, and who is in them. And don’t be afraid to issue a swift elbow to anyone who gets “too close”.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

EmmetSpiceland, as a child I had a neighbour who was a frotteur. He was a little older than me and it was my hair he used to have a thing about touching, rubbing and feeling. I dont know if he had other targets or I was a 'favourite' :O

My TA today is getting nowhere with verifying my PayPal account. None of my id has been good enough yet and sometimes the webpage just freezes while I'm uploading it.
    I can't make any sales if I can't use my account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

dubstarr wrote: »
    People who dont move up in queues.There must have been a mile between the first and second fella in the queue.Move up for fecks sake.

Well if you don't move up dubstarr is going to keep on breathing on you :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

blade1 wrote: »
    Well if you don't move up dubstarr is going to keep on breathing on you :pac:

I'm quite the farter, dubstarr et al better peg the sniffer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Windows explorer - when I open multiple windows it's usually because I need to, you know, open multiple windows so I can copy stuff, or move stuff, or even find stuff. Why, oh, WHY, does MS open these Windows on top of each other so I have to keep moving the bloody things around the screen!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I have about 3/4 Chapstick things. Can I find one ??? Arrgh

• Advertisement

Uploaded the docs the Paypal agent said will suffice. No change to a/c. Phone them.again and same agent in a very abrasive tone rejected the docs. So I've to get a new copy of my birth cert. Another €40. So much for keeping costs down.
    I know its better to have it anyway but this isn't a good time for it.
    1st time I was ever disappointed in their customer services and I suppose it's due to rules made externally but still the whole process has been inefficient and the agent's manner was rude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Had my gearbag all ready for the gym and left in the boot of the car while I was in college. Came back to see that my protein shake leaked all over everything in my bag :mad: no gym for me today then :rolleyes:

Irish people who use the expression "Third World" to describe the most minor inconvenience with services and facilities. Seriously, STFU until you've come back from rural Gambia and know how to compare like with like.

Also, starting a complaint with "there's nothing worse than.... (fill in TA here)"
    Unless you led the red army marching in to liberate Auschwitz in 1945, please rethink that expression.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Whistlers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭gifted

Car insurance quote in post....went up €46 from last year..gggrrrr......phoned...."oh we'll see what we can do about that" ....took €30 off last year's quote.... €30 fecking euros....the thieving ****ers

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Jim Root

on a related note, a €40 "admin" fee to update my insurance with new car details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Had my gearbag all ready for the gym and left in the boot of the car while I was in college. Came back to see that my protein shake leaked all over everything in my bag :mad: no gym for me today then :rolleyes:

Washing machine asap!
    Ain't worth that stank!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Crap towns in Ireland with high unemployment rates promoting themselves as sanctuaries for asylum seekers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Just had it again. I work in England and 80-90% of the people I deal with are Asian.

Now, for anyone who does not know 'Singh' is male and 'Kaur' is female and they are Sikhs. Grand. But while they will have surnames so for example Mr. Raj Singh Bains or Mrs Ranjeet Kaur Bains they rarely use them. So I get a whole load of Mr Singhs and Mrs Kaurs ringing me on a daily basis.

Just had it: "Oh hello Partyguiness. It's Mrs Kaur." (silence)

Yeah like you are the only Mrs Kaur in the world. I have an entire filing cabinet of Mrs Kaurs and Mr Singh.

Throw me a freckin bone here....yeah sure Mrs Kaur would be unusual in west Galway but not over here.

I have taken to saying it each of them "Look there are a lot of Mrs Kaurs and I don't want to start having the wrong conversation." They just laugh it off but still keep doing it.

Or what about the father and two sons. All three ring me individually and identify themselves as "Mr Singh" (on top of the 50 others). What is this some sort of game? Guess the client...:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Just had it again. I work in England and 80-90% of the people I deal with are Asian.

Now, for anyone who does not know 'Singh' is male and 'Kaur' is female and they are Sikhs. Grand. But while they will have surnames so for example Mr. Raj Singh Bains or Mrs Ranjeet Kaur Bains they rarely use them. So I get a whole load of Mr Singhs and Mrs Kaurs ringing me on a daily basis.

Just had it: "Oh hello Partyguiness. It's Mrs Kaur." (silence)

Yeah like you are the only Mrs Kaur in the world. I have an entire filing cabinet of Mrs Kaurs and Mr Singh.

Throw me a freckin bone here....yeah sure Mrs Kaur would be unusual in west Galway but not over here.

I have taken to saying it each of them "Look there are a lot of Mrs Kaurs and I don't want to start having the wrong conversation." They just laugh it off but still keep doing it.

Or what about the father and two sons. All three ring me individually and identify themselves as "Mr Singh" (on top of the 50 others). What is this some sort of game? Guess the client...:mad:

I used to have a job where clients were encouraged to call and just give their first names, which a lot of the time was similar or the same as their contact in say sales.

The ta of this is that derek in sales when threatened me with the sack after I left a message for him to call Derek back, the same Derek who is known for hanging up in a microsecond of saying his name, without distinguishing himself in anyway.

Guess the client indeed.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Lots of casual racism flying about due to the Coronavirus outbreak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Bredabe

A post I saw this am(details are heavily disguised)

ROLL UP ROLL UP

We at Leitrim Circus Club are having a fundraiser to buy more sunshine,
    The fundraiser is on 31st Feb at 00.00, Tickets at the door, 5e.
    Door on the east side of Circus Club will be selling tickets on the night.

This part of the conversation is the ta,
    A, Where is the Circus Club?
    B. A its the east door of Leitrim Circus Club.

Yup, real helpful directions.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Just had another worked related TA.

Basically sent an email today at 13:06 to a broker. No big deal. Nothing urgent.

She has just replied at 16:41 starting with "Sorry for the late reply".

How the hell is that a 'late reply'? This fcuks us all over with unrealistic expectations.

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Now another staff member will have to restock everything

A particular bugbear of mine. People who leave produce from one area of a supermarket lying in another random spot because they've changed their mind. Doubly so if it's from the freezer or fresh meat section.
    I do agree with the poster above that more bins should be provided but then I've seen so many public bins full of (and surrounded by) household waste. It must get irritating for the council to constantly clean up after wasters.

A lot of the DCC bins have a QR code that you can scan which reports the bin as being full, very handy.
    Dogs are fine, owners are the problem.

A lot of the time, the people with the biggest, most energetic dogs are the laziest feckers going. Some people insist on huskies and akitas only to ignore their exercise requirements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭storker

Jim Root wrote: »
    on a related note, a €40 "admin" fee to update my insurance with new car details.

Those 1's and 0's don't just grow on trees, you know. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

A lot of the time, the people with the biggest, most energetic dogs are the laziest feckers going. Some people insist on huskies and akitas only to ignore their exercise requirements.

I absolutely adore huskies, they are such a handsome dog.

However I don't think they have any place in the city. There are very few houses that have a back garden big enough for them.

They are a dog bred for endurance, can run upto a 125 miles a day.

Keeping them in a postage size back garden and bringing them for an hour walk a day is just cruel.

I'd also extend that to most big dogs in the city.

On the flip side I doubt any farmer especially a sheep farmer wants a big breed dog as a neighbour either.

I new guy left a message and his first name is spelt "Chitti"- how the hell do I pronounce that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I new guy left a message and his first name is spelt "Chitti"- how the hell do I pronounce that.

Like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang?

TA another effing storm on the way.

People who keep poisonous snakes as pets when there's no anti-venom in the country.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I'm more than TA that the HSE/HSPC are going by obsolete information and burying their heads in the sand when updating their COVID-19 guidelines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject71

vriesmays wrote: »
    People who keep poisonous snakes as pets when there's no anti-venom in the country.

If it's a private individual who has them, he isn't too bright. Besides I would assume it would be illegal here.

• Advertisement

I thought Brexit would have put a stop to this 'can we have some of your anti-venom'.

I thought Brexit would have put a stop to this 'can we have some of your anti-venom'.

What species of snakes do they have if you know? As a kid I had a pet coral snake who was more docile than any non-venomous one. Had her for 12 years and a Gila Monster I rescued after he lost one of his front legs.

But I did live near a clinic who always had anti-venom for those species.

New Home wrote: »
    I'm more than TA that the HSE/HSPC are going by obsolete information and burying their heads in the sand when updating their COVID-19 guidelines.
    What did you make of the nonsense this morning where they wouldn't say if the woman traveled on a train, the reason given was that it would cause panic. As for what flight she came in on and from what airport the reason given for not saying was that it would breach her confidentiality, I mean Jesus H, it's like they want the country to be seen as some sort of backwards island. The attitude of we'll tell you what we think you need to know is utterly ridiculous. The way to cause panic is to keep people in the dark. They have no way of knowing who the other passengers in the train carriage where so can't contact them and the random nature of saying that only the passengers sitting in the first 2 rows ahead of and behind her need to be contacted just seems very random and absurd.

Crap towns in Ireland with high unemployment rates promoting themselves as sanctuaries for asylum seekers.
    Take a look at Lesbos the island has tens of thousands of economic migrants and was only designed to take 6000, they've started setting fires and there have been deaths. The other day the natives protested about yet more accommodation being built for them and riot police were brought in. Today there are protests in Paris with Congolese setting fires to protest about other Congolese performers who they think were too close to the Congolese president and there are riots on the streets of Paris. Then again Gardai are investigating the rape of a 15 year old girl on Valentine's day by a 'rapper' and his pal in a Dublin hotel, and they uploaded the video of them raping her.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Take a look at Lesbos the island has tens of thousands of economic migrants and was only designed to take 6000, they've started setting fires and there have been deaths. The other day the natives protested about yet more accommodation being built for them and riot police were brought in. Today there are protests in Paris with Congolese setting fires to protest about other Congolese performers who they think were too close to the Congolese president and there are riots on the streets of Paris. Then again Gardai are investigating the rape of a 15 year old girl on Valentine's day by a 'rapper' and his pal in a Dublin hotel, and they uploaded the video of them raping her.

Mod

Enough with the migrant talk! you've been warned before to keep it out of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Its Friday evening and "while shepherds watched their flocks by night" is stuck in my head. Why? Where did this even come from??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

People who use the word poisonous when they mean venomous. BIG difference

sorry vriesmays ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I love fish but the look of the skin makes me want to puke. There was a little scale on my plate winking up at me like a contact lens. Boke!

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    I love fish but the look of the skin makes me want to puke. There was a little scale on my plate winking up at me like a contact lens. Boke!

Sorry but that made me laugh, so thank you I needed that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

If it's an Italian person it's pronounced like Kitty and if it's an Indian person it's pronounced like Chee-Tea.

I don't really have a TA but in order to stay on topic I'll rumble around the ol' noggin to find something, bare with me please..........

Ok I have one, it's not very good but it'll do for now I guess. TA at slugs or some shít, I dunno.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement