Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Midster

Or when my youngest dog (who is known for occasionally popping next to my bed) walks out my bedroom just as I’m walking up the stairs.
    Gives a guilty glance, and then creeps slowly by.

Conniving taxi drivers looking for an easy mark. Injured leg, got one into town for friend's birthday. Seven quid, fair enough. Helluva night, made an effort at walking home but pain was too much. Hailed another at shorter distance than before. Brought me to door, "that will be eight euros". "Surely you are mistaken. We've barely travelled a kilometre. It must be six". "That's what the meter says". "You're having me on, I paid seven for a longer journey earlier. Six-fifty is the best I can do". "Go on then, we won't fall out over one-fifty". "Thank you, but think twice about pulling a similar stunt next time". We're not all ignorant drunkards stumbling home from the pub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

TA Woke up with migraine

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Conniving taxi drivers looking for an easy mark. Injured leg, got one into town for friend's birthday. Seven quid, fair enough. Helluva night, made an effort at walking home but pain was too much. Hailed another at shorter distance than before. Brought me to door, "that will be eight euros". "Surely you are mistaken. We've barely travelled a kilometre. It must be six". "That's what the meter says". "You're having me on, I paid seven for a longer journey earlier. Six-fifty is the best I can do". "Go on then, we won't fall out over one-fifty". "Thank you, but think twice about pulling a similar stunt next time". We're not all ignorant drunkards stumbling home from the pub.

Hmm. I got one from a hotel just outside Ennis town to the Friar's walk bus station which is about 10 minutes drive. I don't know if I was overcharged (theres a digital price thing) but he tried to keep me talking while he neglected to give me any change (a few euro). When I reminded him he said he didn't even notice what I'd handed him.
    I remembered him from a previous journey that seemed very expensive...

TA when I mentioned something that seemed a bit extreme might simply be part of child protection rules (which makes it seem like reasonable caution in that light, and Im glad the people in question did their duty) the other person snorted dismissively.
    Right...so some people don't believe in safeguarding. Charming.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I means you’re already referring to yourself

You would have been reared in America. Was that the initial plan and then things changed?

I said I was reared on American programs, not reared in America. Or is it a misplaced comma that’s causing your TA?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TA for constant wedding talk at work. Ok, so you're getting married - great - but can you tone it down a small bit please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

RMAOK wrote: »
    TA for constant wedding talk at work. Ok, so you're getting married - great - but can you tone it down a small bit please.

It's sort of scary one couple can spend months and months at planning and another can spend a few weeks doing bits and pieces and end up with the same results.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

People that say “I don’t mean to be smart but"..

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Jim Root

chap in work regularly says the following about every minor issue..."this is not a hill I'm willing to die on" infuriates me for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Aglomerado wrote: »
    I was at a gig the other night and was queuing up the stairs. I'm certain the guy ahead of me let one go, rotten stink and his arse was almost level with my face.
    A lady (and I use the term loosely) got me like that in the supermarket once. I bent down to get something from a low shelf, which put my face in the area recently vacated by her bottom.

Phew-oh! my life flashed before my eyes it was that bad, and I swear I saw her grinning slyly about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭keano25

There's a lad at work as well, the phantom.. constantly dropping clangers and walking around the office like a slug leaving a trail.. the smell!

There's a method to his madness tho, he never stays in the one spot long enough that you can pin the smell on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

RMAOK wrote: »

You need to counterattack with funeral talk.they won’t be long with getting quiet.also play the death notices on the radio really loud and tell everyone shhhh when they are on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,337 ✭✭✭Archeron

Got on the bus to work this morning and only one seat left on the bus, taken up by some girls handbag. I went to the seat and she immediately looked out the window. I caught her attention and politely ask her to move the bag. She glares at me then turns around and looks up and down the bus to see if any other seats are free before tutting and putting the bag on her lap, I would really have liked to pick it up and fling it out the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Customers that tell you unnecessary information like their profession, their illness or where they're going on holidays..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

keano25 wrote: »
    There's a lad at work as well, the phantom.. constantly dropping clangers and walking around the office like a slug leaving a trail.. the smell!

There's a method to his madness tho, he never stays in the one spot long enough that you can pin the smell on him.

You need to change his nickname to The Cropduster immediately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

You need to change his nickname to The Cropduster immediately.

Or the skunk.
    He should be dragged outside and powerwashed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

TA at how upset I feel every time Doctor Who regenerates. Yesterday was a trying day anyway and then Matt Smith turned into Peter Capaldi :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Bredabe

One of our foreign branches was hacked before christmas, in the digital shake up they fitted all out workers computers with an internet disconnect button every time its turned off.

Every time I log on I forget that I need to reconnect to the internet, every.single.time.for.months.

One of my siblings is in hospital with what is probably a symptom of her dementia, as a result, I have turned on the sound option on my personal phone, freaking thing beeps continuously as my class are finishing up their year and posting bonding messages.
    Making me jump each time thinking its a message from the hospital.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Midster

When your mum walks in on you masturbating and calls you disgusting. Even though it’s perfectly natural, and hey, who doesn’t from time to time.

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    TA at how upset I feel every time Doctor Who regenerates. Yesterday was a trying day anyway and then Matt Smith turned into Peter Capaldi :(
    Where did K9 go. I've been following it on and off for years and he was my favourite character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Be right back

Archeron wrote: »
    Got on the bus to work this morning and only one seat left on the bus, taken up by some girls handbag. I went to the seat and she immediately looked out the window. I caught her attention and politely ask her to move the bag. She glares at me then turns around and looks up and down the bus to see if any other seats are free before tutting and putting the bag on her lap, I would really have liked to pick it up and fling it out the window.

Guessing she must have paid for her bag to have it's own seat!!

Where did K9 go. I've been following it on and off for years and he was my favourite character.

I loved K9 in the old Doctor Who's as a kid. It is season 7 I have just finished and can only remember K9 being in the newer seasons once or twice :(

Midster wrote: »
    When your mum walks in on you masturbating and calls you disgusting. Even though it’s perfectly natural, and hey, who doesn’t from time to time.

Do you or her wash the bed sheets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I loved K9 in the old Doctor Who's as a kid. It is season 7 I have just finished and can only remember K9 being in the newer seasons once or twice :(

K9 only appears when Sarah Jane appears in the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Weezer releasing so many albums.

My reading vision's a bit off, which is highly ta'ing as I refuse to have anything wrong with me.

Why are there always so many tesco tokens thrown on the street. Stop taking them out of the shop, put them in the tube before you leave you big amadans.
    It's really not that difficult.

Whenever I log back into After Hours today it initially brings me to a page with ancient threads on it from 16 years ago.

Whenever I log back into After Hours today it initially brings me to a page with ancient threads on it from 16 years ago.
    TA'd that it's not happening to me. I wanna see the old threads too :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

The closing of Irish schools over the Corona virus when mostly old people have died.

vriesmays wrote: »
    The closing of Irish schools over the Corona virus when mostly old people have died.

Kids are meant to be super carriers tough!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Kids are meant to be super carriers tough!

Plus where there's a kid, there's often a grandparent.

I'm TA that I don't know if I should be stockpiling anything, rational me is saying don't be ridiculous, but at the same time..... :D

I'm TA that I don't know if I should be stockpiling anything, rational me is saying don't be ridiculous, but at the same time..... :D

Same here, I'm laughing at people that are stockpiling but I'm also worried that they will be laughing at me at some stage...ta I can't be arsed doing it tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭gifted

Same here, I'm laughing at people that are stockpiling but I'm also worried that they will be laughing at me at some stage...ta I can't be arsed doing it tbh.

Bollix to stockpiling Duvet.......is the country going to shut down? ....... feet up there girl and crack open a bottle....

Is this the happy or annoyed thread??....

Annoyed it is lol lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

TA I don't know what I should be stockpiling. I'm suffering from doomsday fatigue so am deliberately ignoring the news.

I'll just be sure to have plenty of alcohol and hope I'm forced to self isolate for 2 weeks.

gifted wrote: »
    Bollix to stockpiling Duvet.......is the country going to shut down? ....... feet up there girl and crack open a bottle....

Is this the happy or annoyed thread??....

You've twisted my arm gifted,wine it is.😂

You've twisted my arm gifted,wine it is.😂

Jaysus that was easy.......have another one there girl......drops hand at same time on Duvet...oh yeahhhhh.......lol lol

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

cjmc wrote: »
    I thought it was just an ad for Heineken 0% .
    Ta I didn't cop that there's a new Bond on the way

No ! ...not James Bond !!

• Advertisement

gifted wrote: »
    Jaysus that was easy.......have another one there girl......drops hand at same time on Duvet...oh yeahhhhh.......lol lol

Keep your furry dice away from me...unless its been sanitized 😛

Ta,I'm getting 7 or 8 hours of unbroken sleep for the last week and still feel like I could sleep for a month.

Keep your furry dice away from me...unless its been sanitized 😛

Ta,I'm getting 7 or 8 hours of unbroken sleep for the last week and still feel like I could sleep for a month.

Hush girl.....don't talk with your mouth full ....lol lol

TA I don't know what I should be stockpiling. I'm suffering from doomsday fatigue so am deliberately ignoring the news.

I'll just be sure to have plenty of alcohol and hope I'm forced to self isolate for 2 weeks.

You forgot chocolate, you're sick quick self isolate :)

And loo roll :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,039 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Always remember that, even if all the toilet roll is gone, there’s always the side of the bath and the shower “hose”.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Loo roll? Will I become a regular in the etiquette thread if I get coronaed?

Jesus lads, I just want a fortnight off work to enjoy myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Loo roll? Will I become a regular in the etiquette thread if I get coronaed?

Jesus lads, I just want a fortnight off work to enjoy myself.

In that case, you'll definitely need to stock up on batteries.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    In that case, you'll definitely need to stock up on batteries.

They're always stockpiled. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Was gawking on Linkedin earlier, but i must have looked at someone with premium because a few mins later he added me, only for me to then reject it by accident on the app, not sure if he could see that i rejected it but i then had to add him, im such a div sometimes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Problem is if schools close the grandparents will probably end up minding the kids

• Advertisement

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Problem is if schools close the grandparents will probably end up minding the kids

This is true, though I wonder will companies be a bit more lenient... Probably not, but hopefully I'll be surprised.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement