Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Our town's St. Patrick's Day parade has been cancelled because of the bleep-bleep corona virus. It's no big deal in our house,we don't even attend, but the kiddies of the town are so disappointed. One little girl I spoke to today was in tears. Maybe I'm getting old, but I feel sad for the little ones. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

TA I can't afford to stockpile anything :D

Hopefully the world won't end until *after* I get paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Midster

Do you or her wash the bed sheets?

At the time, my mum was the one who washed the bed sheets. But honestly, do you really think leaving any evidence of masterbation of any kind was even an option??

#superquiet, #superclean

I was on an almost full bus, standing downstairs. I moved further down and ended up standing right beside the disabled seats. There was one large older man sitting in one of them. He was practically taking up both due to his size. He wasn't fat, just a really big guy. Probably at least 60. I had already made the decision in my head that I'd prefer to stand rather than squeeze in beside this guy. He tries to get my attention but I have headphones in. I knew exactly what he was going to say. I take them out and he offers the seat beside him in a jovial manner. I'm not small myself at 6'1". I stare blankly and meekly agree to be engulfed by this nice older gentleman for the reminder of the trip. I tried to make myself as small as possible but his leg was over my leg. I gotta learn to say no but I didn't want to insult him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Chocolate bars on sale in Dunnes 2 for €2 while others are on sale 2 for €1.50.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,920 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People who don't know when to use who, that or which.

Also, my inability to decide whether I want scrambled eggs or a toastie for lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Irish rock bands with similar names: revs, revelino, revenants, revellions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Diddering, I was too tired yes to do my partwork and now I need to work on my off day to catch up and keep putting it off.
    Oh ,the bargaining in my brain to let me self off or knuckle down.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Probably been mentioned here a few times... but Coronavirus hysteria....it's more out of control than the virus ever will be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Probably been mentioned here a few times... but Coronavirus hysteria....it's more out of control than the virus ever will be

But are you stockpiling? That's the real issue :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

And the hysterical misinformation being posted by some .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    And the hysterical misinformation being posted by some .

I've stopped reading or listening to anything about it. I just want 2 weeks off work please, I'll stockpile on loo roll if necessary. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Don't believe what they're telling you... it's worse than you thought! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Don't believe what they're telling you... it's worse than you thought!

You should share your bank details, just in case anything happens.

TA my broadband is still on the blink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I got my fortnightly wage, as well as tax I was owed, and I'm after going a bit mad on buying things. Now I have to be very careful with the rest of it for the next 2 weeks.

Sometimes I think I shouldn't be allowed a bank card

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The fact that rte are showing first knight AGAIN!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

The fact that rte are showing first knight AGAIN!!!

“One a King, always a King, but once a Knight is enough”

Someone said that...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

I’m so tired, it feels like the world is in slow motion.

Somebody jump start me please :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

serveimage?url=https:%2F%2Fpbs.twimg.com%2Fmedia%2FBY-XrKtIgAAP8lk.jpg&sp=9f983f9f78a4b09fef141bb267248e59

serveimage?url=https:%2F%2Fpbs.twimg.com%2Fmedia%2FBY-XrKtIgAAP8lk.jpg&sp=9f983f9f78a4b09fef141bb267248e59

Whatever gets me started :p:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Whatever gets me started :p:D

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Whatever gets me started

Whatever gets me started

My motor is always running HQ.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    My motor is always running HQ.

I bet it is now after that match Ted :p

In fairness, Jurgen can do wonders to get an engine revving :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Form an orderly queue:D

dubstarr wrote: »
    Form an orderly queue:D

Invitation only...maybe :p:D

Through online threads arising from the alleged toilet paper shortages, I've been privy to far more information than I needed to know about the many and various mishaps other people have while wiping their bum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,499 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I think I may of broken my nose during martial arts today. My glasses aren't sitting as comfortably as normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I went to a Costa today with a book for some downtime with a coffee.
    The music in there was too loud to even think never mind read.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The unrelenting grey weather was getting to me, I took the house apart tying to find my sunlight lamp.
    Didn't find it anywhere x2, but my brain kept sending me messages about a wardrobe.

This pm, I found it at the bottom of a box at the top of a cupboard, without its power cord. WTH packes an electrical item without its power source?!

TA+TA I'll bet that if I can find a power source it will be more expensive than buying a new lamp.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement

Attending a retirement party, stuck with an insufferable pr1ck. He has a flippant attitude towards people with mental health issues, "use bipolar disorder to your advantage". Ergo, vulnerable women are there for the taking. Engineering an exit courtesy of an old cohort, can't depart stage left fast enough. And I'm being far too polite by telling him not to go stuff himself. However, he is a valued friend of retiree in question. F*ck diplomacy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭storker

Headline on (my mother's :rolleyes:) Daily Wail today: "Virus Tightens its Grip". These guys should have been writing tag lines for horror movies. Not only sensationalist but also irresponsible. Tossers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

People who make comments such as 'im done with this world' on a given issue, yet continue blithering away about the same subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

The compote:yoghurt ratio in my fruit corner. Not quite enough of the sweet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Facebo0k:
    "It takes seconds to share - person missing from random location"
    It takes seconds to click the link to see they've been found - months ago ! Not only that, it's generally older people who share these things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

TA that i have to hit a single key, F5, after some replies the last couple of days as it's not automatically showing and makes me think it didn't actually post.

• Advertisement

Why does every idiot think Im quiet?
    I have plenty to say and can hold my own in most conversations!
    I think it's because I don't interrupt when people start droning about their past (living in it). I'll just get up and walk out in future.

An extra TA: daffodils which last weeks in the garden onlt last a few days in a vase?
    I cut the stems at an angle and tried adding a drop of bleach in some jugs and a copper cent in others. No great difference :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Why does every idiot think Im quiet?
    I have plenty to say and can hold my own in most conversations!
    I think it's because I don't interrupt when people start droning about their past (living in it). I'll just get up and walk out in future.

An extra TA: daffodils which last weeks in the garden onlt last a few days in a vase?
    I cut the stems at an angle and tried adding a drop of bleach in some jugs and a copper cent in others. No great difference :(
    If you said to a blabbermouth 'do you ever stop talking?' or 'you're really loud' thay would probably run crying to HR about you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

That I'm supposed to be going to milan and venice in six weeks...

...ugh!

If you said to a blabbermouth 'do you ever stop talking?' or 'you're really loud' thay would probably run crying to HR about you.

Yep.I would understand it if they were having to carry every conversation but if anything they ruin it with their monologues (always the same) and that's not conducive to good conversation. They rarely bother to enquire of the other person in any way so you have to try to wrestle the conversation back fromthem or just make sympathetic noises. Naturally people will go semi catatonic if they have to hear the same dreary story over and over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Panic buying of toilet roll. We're out and if there's none left in the shop it will go from TA to seriously annoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Put a dark wash into the machine last night. Plan was to turn it on once i got up this morning.
    Did that and when I was hanging it up, noticed a pile of other dark clothes that I had forgotten to include and specifically need for tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Fell asleep sitting up on the couch last night
    Woke up at 6.30, freezing, stiff, with a crick in my neck and bursting for a pee. Had to clamber up stairs all bent and twisted out of shape like an evil ghost lady from a Japanese horror film. Woke up at 10.30 to find my poor Dad had been fending for himself ( and coping admirably!) feeling all dazed and confused and discombobulated and I've yet to fully recover. And my cats aren't talking to me because they had to wait so long for breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

cjmc wrote: »
    Panic buying of toilet roll. We're out and if there's none left in the shop it will go from TA to seriously annoying

Is this a thing here?! I'd heard about it but assumed we would be all busy panicking buying bread lol. TA sheep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Try cutting at an angle then cooled boiled water in the vase :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

TA that i'm only finding out now that it doesn't matter if the water is hot or cold when washing your hands. Was about to write up a big stinker to the 'Health and Safety' crowd as they've signs up all over about washing your hands with warm water, but at the weekend there's no warm water in the bathrooms. Was about to click send and said I better Google it to be sure. Unless t'internet is wrong. Which is possible. TA that I'm now confused...

Apparently it's because of the toxic sap in them: https://nwgardencart.wordpress.com/2011/04/13/daffodils-extending-their-vase-life/

TL;DR - Cut them with as long a stem as possible, place into vase of water for 10 minutes. Remove and place into second vase of water for 10 minutes. Empty first, repeat until no sap coming from cut, then cut to length and display.

Super, thanks for all advice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

TA the thought of living in an ultra crowded house where you'd nearly have to book bathroom time slots in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

I need to de-clutter the house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Fiancée left a note on the fridge for me to do a few things around the house,

- bag the dog shíte outside
    and wash and dry some towels.

the third one being "cut up and bin all the cardboard"

in the past few days we ordered a new couch from IKEA, a coffee table, and a rug. The couch, being from IKEA, of-course had to be assembled from scratch, and all the bits were separately flat-packed, and the coffee table was also flat-packed.

My TA is in bulk

TA1: I thought it would take me 20 mins or thereabouts. It took well over an hour.

TA2: Not all of it managed to fit into the recycling bin so I've had to black-bag the rest of it and store it in the shed as we have no clear bags, and our bin company doesn't accept black bags in recycling!

I also had to hoover all the loose bits of polystyrene and then hoover the stairs while I was at it..... our hoover belongs to the previous tenant, so we're using it until we get our own............ it's not a bad hoover - does the job, but (TA3) the wire keeps pulling itself back into the slot, so it kept unplugging and I had to keep stopping to go back downstairs to plug it back in.

And a bonus TA:

I went to grab something out of the cutlery drawer and sliced the tip of my thumb with one of the brand new kitchen knives we bought. It's at that part of the thumb where a single plaster just won't cover on its own, so I've had to use two plasters, one to cover the cut, and another to hold it f*cking in.......

I shouldn't be left on my own - I'm a disaster

The coronavirus thread. Some posters who I thought of as being rational and sensible are losing the run of themselves. I don't think putting our head in the sand is wise but the doomsday and misery merchants really need to take a valium.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement