Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

New Home wrote: »
    This is easily fixed - clip a peg or a bulldog clip to the cable next to the slot, then even if it tries to wind itself up again it'll be stipped by the peg/clip. :)
    Cheaper than a new vacuum cleaner, too.

A lad in work actually suggested I tie a loose knot as well

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Sandz066

The realisation that I might be an alcoholic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Sandz066 wrote: »
    The realisation that I might be an alcoholic

That's the biggest and hardest step.

Get help, don't be afraid to talk.

There's an ask me anything thread about alcohol rehab, it's worth a read.

Best of luck :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Told Mr Sam that I was taking Mon 16th off for a 4 day weekend and that I was looking forward to being home alone that day.
    Mr Sam comes home today having also booked the 16th off.. ffs, just one day to myself.

Will same be in the pub slaughter scoops on the Monday so all things considered you will have the house to yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I'm actually sick of hearing about the Coronavirus. At this stage, I almost wish it would just go away.
    I am with you BTC. They should just rename the news 'the coronavirus show' or 'virus hour' and have done with it.

TA with american historical documentaries, factual shows etc; they are set up for an ad break about every 7 minutes or so, even if there isn't an ad break shown over here they still have pointless recaps every-single-time. I'm not a bloody goldfish, I know what's going on. I get so annoyed I usually abandon the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Reading some click bait story about a couple of bible bashers in the States who are crediting their dog with saving them from a tornado because his barking allowed them to wake, see the tornado warning and get to safety. Grand, except TA they didn't take the feckin dog to safety with them and he perished. No point f*cking canonising the poor b*stard now if you couldn't be bothered even letting him into your bunker. Morons. On reflection, I am possibly more than TA'd by this :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Trying to keep up with the Coronavirus thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Jim Root

female only panels.

Stumbling upon a thread that looks interesting and clicking to the end rather than reading 50 odd pages of posts, and seeing that the last 10 or so pages are basically just two posters tearing each other apart and throwing around accusations of being disingenuous etc. The verbal and mental gymnastics are such that you no longer even know what the thread is about. Two idiots fighting tooth and nail for the last word when the original thread premise has lost all meaning and everyone else has gone home :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭golondrinas

Antares35 wrote: »
    Reading some click bait story about a couple of bible bashers in the States who are crediting their dog with saving them from a tornado because his barking allowed them to wake, see the tornado warning and get to safety. Grand, except TA they didn't take the feckin dog to safety with them and he perished. No point f*cking canonising the poor b*stard now if you couldn't be bothered even letting him into your bunker. Morons. On reflection, I am possibly more than TA'd by this :(

Surely you mean Mormons

• Advertisement

Surely you mean Mormons

Are those interchangeable? :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

A lad in work actually suggested I tie a loose knot as well

But if you do, you'll need a solicitor do undo it. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I ruined someone's day today. A young girl (N driver) driving to college to sit an exam. I ran into the back of her at a set of traffic lights. Small dent to her car none to mine. No injuries. I accept liability. The worst was how upset she was, wailing screaming and crying...
    I'm not a very emotional person so I never know how to handle these things. It was quite a task to get the insurance details exhanged. I'm really sorry I ruined her day and I hope it doesn't affect her exam performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,499 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

A sinus related headache :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I think we need a referendum - I propose banning those hand-held mirrors they use in barber shops when they show you the back of your head. This sort of constitutional reform is long overdue...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Being woken up at 6am with a sore throat and swollen glands.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

The meal deals from the butchers.It does be all crap most of the time.Stocking fillers i call them.You cant make a decent dinner from them,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Reading about these a**hol*s had made me so angry. Why, why,why would you leave the poor dog to die? :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Coronavirus can go sh!te. I'm absolutely sick of hearing about it. It's as bad as when the recession hit...non bloody stop waffling about it from this expert and that expert :mad:

• Advertisement

When you are dropping something into someone, as arranged, and they ask you to stay for tea, despite you already saying you won't be hanging around.

You refuse, they say oh it's already prepared, kettle boiled etc.

So you say, OK so a quick cup.

20 mins later they are still flaffing about and no sign of the tea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I called into my sister on the way back from the shop and put my meat and chicken fillets in her fridge. (Not a euphemism)
    I’m home now and realised I forgot to take them out and bring them home. I’m just going to have to get a takeaway now because I am not driving across town for them. Tres trivially annoyed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

People who think every old black and white movie is available on DVD when about 1% are.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Weather is all over the shop today. I said to myself at lunch 'ooh it's lovely and warm out today.' ten seconds later the sun went behind a cloud and I was shaking like Eskimo Nell.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Midster

People who buy really fast cars, only to hold up traffic and drive much slower than everyone else normally does, on every single road they drive on.

For gods sakes that drives me crazy!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

What annoys me?
    The fact that the screen jumps down a few split seconds after opening a new page on boards.ie to make space for the banner ad at the top.
    It inevitably happens just as I'm clicking on something and I have to move down. Every. Time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I'm annoying myself.
    I've an itch on my cheek, a stray hair in my forehead, I need to scratch my nose, my ear is tickling me aghaghagh.
    I feel like I'm touching my face a million times more than I've ever done before.
    It's like an addiction now, and I can't stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,499 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I feel like I'm touching my face a million times more than I've ever done before.
    It's like an addiction now, and I can't stop.

So I'm not the only one that has noticed this about themselves!

I have had an itchy nose for the past few days. It actually is the same itchy sensation as if the pollen count was very high. I want whoever is talking about me to stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

tumblr_msfzugzO2v1r1xg8co1_500.jpg

Looking for sympathy likes now. :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I haven't the energy to energy to elaborate other than to say that this particularly sh1t day started with the boiler on the blink and finished with repairing (another) broken bed (nothing to do with me, this time) For the first time in a long time I fancy a drink but there's nothing in the house except whiskey which I hate so that's just made things ****tier. I'm off to wind down with a cuppa (whoop de feckin doo) so I can relax and get to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Im constantly getting strands of hair draped across my eyeballs, or stabby little loose eyelashes, ticklish ears, itchy nose. Itchy eyebrow.

TA at people throwing their hands up because theres a lot of new practises to suddenly get used to in order to prevent the spread of the virus. "Too much to take in, bound to forget something and then we'll catch it so we neednt bother trying at all".

I know it's a nuisance but surely all reasonably intelligent people can assimilate the guidelines and adjust their routine a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Every time I click on the AH home page lately it brings me to the very first AH page from 20 plus years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Misleading advertisements.

I saw two ads for the same product in the same ad break that tried to mislead me about the product. One was for the 'night mode' of the camera, and ended with a disclaimer 'additional hardware and software used'. So, an additional flash, and professional editing? In other words; our photos would not look like that.

The other was for games that was clearly all cut-scenes/marketing and featured no game play at all. Literally the only information that I got from that was they want to sell more games, and are probably trying to make it easier for users to access games on their price gouging platform.

If anything I want the product even less now. If they're being so blatant with those lies, what lies am I missing?

That new Maroon 5 song - they just squeeze far too many lyrics into a short space, and the tune is so... I don't know. It's like a repetitive nursery rhyme or something! :mad:

Girl sitting behind me in class last night literally coughing up a lung. I felt tempted to get up and walk out. Why should the rest of the class get infected just because she can't miss one? TA people have no cop on or decency anymore. Stay at home and keep it to yourself.

When an episode of something says "product placement contained" at the start but I don't see any. I know it is meant to be subliminal and that's the point etc. but it doesn't stop me looking. Up there with English subtitles when the audio is English. I keep reading the subtitles anyway even though I can hear what is being said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

That new Maroon 5 song - they just squeeze far too many lyrics into a short space, and the tune is so... I don't know. It's like a repetitive nursery rhyme or something! :mad:

All current music sounds like a nursery rhyme these days.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    All current music sounds like a nursery rhyme these days.

That's true. They should call it "single use music" - listen to it once and then delete it. They don't make it like they used to (TA getting old and grumpy) :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Made a cup of tea at work & it doesn't taste right.

Must be barrys

My clothes smell of ammonia bleach from the launderette machines. Ughhh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

Must be barrys

*SHUDDER*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

In the car listening to the radio and I hear the start of a brilliant song, police every breath you take, then it's the fcucking rap version shyte

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Jim Root

when your listening to the radio/podcast in the car and the content broadcasts a siren making you look around as if there's an ambulance or the police behind you in real life.

• Advertisement

Or when a good song comes on and they have to time their announcement of it so that the entire introduction is blighted by radio station sh*te.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Or when a good song comes on and they have to time their announcement of it so that the entire introduction is blighted by radio station sh*te.

That was the bane of anyone in the 80's trying to record songs onto tapes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

Must be Lyons

Well.....drinking that muck Lyons was your first mistake......

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I got my hair chopped up short today. I was dying to get it done for ages and now I’m not sure if I like it. It’s not even that short, just above collarbone length but I just feel so exposed I can’t deal. Ta at being a vain bitch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I got my hair chopped up short today. I was dying to get it done for ages and now I’m not sure if I like it. It’s not even that short, just above collarbone length but I just feel so exposed I can’t deal. Ta at being a vain bitch.

Pics or gtfo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Howayabud on LUAS today.
    Talking on their mobile, threatening the other person.
    Being obnoxious, rude, insulting.

Why are they always THE loudest person on the bus, on the train, on the street?

Howayabud on LUAS today.
    Talking on their mobile, threatening the other person.
    Being obnoxious, rude, insulting.

Why are they always THE loudest person on the bus, on the train, on the street?

Attention!

Probably got none at home and don't have much going for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I'm after overdoing myself the last week in regards to unpacking things in my new house (as well as assembling an IKEA bookshelf and a heavy bastard'n sofa), to pulling and lifting heavy cleaning equipment in work, to the point where I've been told by the doctor to take 3 days off work because I now have Acute Wry Neck, essentially I've given myself a shoulder/neck spasm.. Trivially annoyed that I can't find one single solitary comfy spot to sit with, and I'm dreading going to bed because I know I'll be worse again in the morning.

Also TA that the injection above my arse hasn't even kicked in yet, so until it does, I've to walk around like Quasi-f*cking-modo because it hurts to move my neck

Another TA about this is I couldn't even lift my 11 month old nephew when he put out his arms for me to pick him up :(

:eek::eek:Wartime mentality is kicking in now thanks to the coronavirus. Threads about perennial food crops and items to stockpile, on FB . Why are the most revolting foods the ones that never go off, grow back every year and are unkillable?
    Jerusalem artichokes?

Also TA The tip of my tongue feels bitten or scalded.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I'm after overdoing myself the last week in regards to unpacking things in my new house (as well as assembling an IKEA bookshelf and a heavy bastard'n sofa), to pulling and lifting heavy cleaning equipment in work, to the point where I've been told by the doctor to take 3 days off work because I now have Acute Wry Neck, essentially I've given myself a shoulder/neck spasm.. Trivially annoyed that I can't find one single solitary comfy spot to sit with, and I'm dreading going to bed because I know I'll be worse again in the morning.

Also TA that the injection above my arse hasn't even kicked in yet, so until it does, I've to walk around like Quasi-f*cking-modo because it hurts to move my neck

Another TA about this is I couldn't even lift my 11 month old nephew when he put out his arms for me to pick him up :(

Hope you're feeling better, but if you aren't, maybe a hot bath will help?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement