Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

New Home wrote: »
    Hope you're feeling better, but if you aren't, maybe a hot bath will help?

Attempted one, it helped for a short period of time. I have this muscle soak bath stuff (it's Lacura, though, can't imagine it doing anything)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Could you get your hands on a ginger and cayenne muscle rub, GB? Or Indian mustard seed oil? I know a dancer who swears by it.

Not really TA but why do I have to have champagne taste and a beer budget? Is there some kind of paid job I could do to capitalise on my innate instinct for finding the most expensive thing in any shop, showroom or website? I could tell people with more money than taste what to buy! We'd be a perfect team.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Sardonicat wrote: »
    All current music sounds like a nursery rhyme these days.
    And the young uns seem to have boycotted earphones. All crap music must be played out loud on the phone when in public.

Could you get your hands on a ginger and cayenne muscle rub, GB? Or Indian mustard seed oil? I know a dancer who swears by it.

Not really TA but why do I have to have champagne taste and a beer budget? Is there some kind of paid job I could do to capitalise on my innate instinct for finding the most expensive thing in any shop, showroom or website? I could tell people with more money than taste what to buy! We'd be a perfect team.

Personal shopper for a high end joint like Harrods or Fortnum & Mason, sweetie, dahling.

Hell yes!
    I can pass any test.
    Blindfold me and let me loose and I'll prove it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I burnt the roof of my mouth eating Thai green curry- scalding hot piece of chick. Massive blister and then aggravated it eating toast this morning.

Went into cafe today and ordered raisin Danish. Cue woman pushing full trolley in at counter. Nattering loudly on phone, busy in conversation. I tried to ask counter staff for mocha coffee but she misheard me. I said don't bother with Danish etc I'd come back.
    20 minutes later I came back.
    Now, at the same venue, a man is yammering away on his phone at the same spot by the counter loud and clear.
    Cool conversation bro.
    I defer getting my grub permanently.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Im supposed to be going to a funeral in London next week.And now im not sure whether to go or not.What do you guys think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

dubstarr wrote: »
    Im supposed to be going to a funeral in London next week.And now im not sure whether to go or not.What do you guys think.

I think better not. Send flowers and a message instead. Maybe when all this has died down a visit to the bereaved would be appreciated ? It's often long after the funeral when everyone else has moved on that sympathy and a listening ear is needed most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

There are no TA here today as its all in perspective now .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Tired Gardener

The way Peugeot get pronounced on the radio adverts trivially annoy me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Went into cafe today and ordered raisin Danish. Cue woman pushing full trolley in at counter. Nattering loudly on phone, busy in conversation. I tried to ask counter staff for mocha coffee but she misheard me. I said don't bother with Danish etc I'd come back.
    20 minutes later I came back.
    Now, at the same venue, a man is yammering away on his phone at the same spot by the counter loud and clear.
    Cool conversation bro.
    I defer getting my grub permanently.

Moccha and a Danish...somebody has notions.

The way Peugeot get pronounced on the radio adverts trivially annoy me.

Purrjo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I think better not. Send flowers and a message instead. Maybe when all this has died down a visit to the bereaved would be appreciated ? It's often long after the funeral when everyone else has moved on that sympathy and a listening ear is needed most.

THIS is so true, I wish more people would realise that once the dust settles, the real reactions set in.

TA, contacting family members about plans to remote view my mum's anniversary mass and the amount of them who have never even see the concept.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Very windy, stormy even, why has nobody named it yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Yesterday eve the barman in my favourite spot in the city centre goes "enjoy your lovely pints" as he hands the beers to myself and my friend. What the hell was that sarky remark all about?? It's still annoying me this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,499 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I was supposed to be going to see Rhod Gilbert this weekend but when the ban on mass gatherings announced this morning, it has been cancelled.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Attempted one, it helped for a short period of time. I have this muscle soak bath stuff (it's Lacura, though, can't imagine it doing anything)

Epsom salts might help (not sure what Lacura is I'm afraid).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I was supposed to be going to see Rhod Gilbert this weekend but when the ban on mass gatherings announced this morning, it has been cancelled.

I wasn't going to go myself.
    Nothing to do with Corona, I just always try to avoid Rhod Gilbert :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Everything just seems to be...…….waiting...…………..the tension is almost unbearable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Went to lidl at lunch for some soup. People are gone mad panic buying everything in sight. I hate people. Massive TA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Be right back

People who don't cover their mouths when they cough and Boris Johnson!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

People leaving used tissues in the shopping trolley ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,499 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Antares35 wrote: »
    Went to lidl at lunch for some soup. People are gone mad panic buying everything in sight. I hate people. Massive TA.

I popped into SuperValu just to get 3 items at lunch time and I thought I might die of old age by the time I got to the checkout, with how long the queues were (and every till was open!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

The smell of hand sanitiser in the office is getting to me, I feel a headache coming on...fortunately I hopefully can work from home after today.

TA some people still displaying too much bravado and carelessness...Why am I reminded of how public spitting and 'hacking' phlegm onto the ground became socially unacceptable because of the long struggle to prevent TB...I suppose there might be a similar attitude shift to germ hygiene now...

I just had a spooky exchange with someone who is going into self isolation and though we were joking when we wished one another luck, I felt kind of uneasy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I went shoe shopping and found a nice pair, but they were only available up to size 9. It's the men's section, not the kids ffs....

Can't even find them on the chain's website. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Bagels.

If I want a bread-based snack, why would I choose something with a big hole in the middle?

Bagels.

If I want a bread-based snack, why would I choose something with a big hole in the middle?

Ah now, bagels are yummy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Ah now, bagels are yummy :)

Not disputing the taste, just drives me mental that somehow I would be charged more for a bagel than I would for a full sandwich. A bagel is only half-a-sandwich :mad:

I know nothing about economics so dont jump me but if we have *another* global recession, due to the vurus, maybe we should look at a different way of doing things, money wise. A recession is more than a little TA.

TA airlines running ghost flights due to "use it or lose it" fuel rule (according to the NY Post). Seems so wasteful and damaging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

TA'd with panic buying...yeeeessssh :(

degsie wrote: »
    TA'd with panic buying...yeeeessssh :(

Apparently the guards had to be called to a Dunnes in Cork today as a fight had broken out over panic buying!!

Apparently the guards had to be called to a Dunnes in Cork today as a fight had broken out over panic buying!!

Heard same about tesco blanch... Who knows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Tired Gardener

Purrjo?

Purrjo is the correct way, the radio advert pronounce it as Pewjo.

• Advertisement

A guy came to my house to fix the seal on my freezer door. When he rang the doorbell, I answered and said hello and invited him through, then he immediately said "I'm not shaking your hand by the way" as he walked towards the kitchen....

Like obviously, for fúck's sake........

You don't need to verbally announce that you're not gonna touch me, I get the deal. You also don't need to power into my house and rush back out when you're done saying bye with your back to me. This virus has turned people into utter prícks when there's no place for it.

Might as well also mention that when I went into caredoc last night for my shoulder pain, your man behind the desk jumped in fright when I said hello. Then proceeded to act like I was gonna spit and vomit all over him at any moment's notice. I get that we all need to be cautious.... but a bit of cop on and common sense, there's glass between us, I'm not gonna cough all over you and I'm in to have my shoulder looked at, not to complain of a cold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

People that have seen the word "corona" every single days for weeks and still spell it "carona" :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

biko wrote: »
    People that have seen the word "corona" every single days for weeks and still spell it "carona" :mad:

It would give anyone a caronory

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Our employer puts a bottle of alcohol sanitiser in the toilets.

Its there in the morning and when you return later it's gone

Not a chance the entire bottle was emptied as it 500ml and we are a small office. People are swiping them

Next day its replaced and same again, by lunchtime the bottle is nowhere to be seen. Buy yer own

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

not very trivial, but having mental health issues, it's scary when you're brain plays tricks on you

• Advertisement

New Home wrote: »
    Epsom salts might help (not sure what Lacura is I'm afraid).

It's a skincare company subsidised by Aldi, like their version of "Nivea" or whatever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Films being postponed to a later date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

I'm disappointed at all this panic buying and hysteria.
    The media need to cop on too with the sensationalist headlines and reports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Broke my glasses, new part won't be here until after the weekend.
    Then I got a flat tyre, puddles everywhere and me wearing a skirt, typical.

Thankfully it's now Friday 13th, my luck has got to change.

Broke my glasses, new part won't be here until after the weekend.
    Then I got a flat tyre, puddles everywhere and me wearing a skirt, typical.

Thankfully it's now Friday 13th, my luck has got to change.
    Where's Westley when you need him?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject71

Not adjusting to crossing different time zones fast enough. I'm exhausted but wide awake. So am sipping Tequila until it remedies that,heh.

The picture circulating of the old lady doing her shopping.

Firstly did she know if the picture was being taken? If so, I'd question the "honesty" of the picture. There's always empty shelves in supermarkets, usually when some product is about to go on special offer but hasn't been stocked yet.

Secondly and more disturbingly, if she was unaware of the picture being taken, does she know there's a picture of herself circulating the Internet? I'd be absolutely livid if that was my mum or granny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I saw two fellas not washing their hands after going to the toilet in the pub last night.
    Ignorant dirtbags.

My face is as dry, all of a sudden. Drinking lots of water. Not helping. More bothered by this than anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Apples - eat one and its ripe, fresh, juicy. Delicious. Decide to have another and it nearly cracks your jaw as its not ripe enough.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement