Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

not very trivial, but having mental health issues, it's scary when you're brain plays tricks on you

I hear you...I have the same problem myself and my TA on it is that there isn't enough being done to help those who have problems. I'm currently waiting on an appointment to see a psychiatrist since January and the waiting list is 3 months, at least.

The brain is a complicated thing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

When 99% of us practice hygiene and then there's that one asshole that doesnt

Like many other recent posts...panic buying...it's silly and unnecessary and can do more harm than good.

My wife works in the local Tesco here and yesterday she said was absolutely mental...there was one lady in particular that started at 6.30pm and was last out at 10pm and had spent over a grand on shopping....that is just ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

My wife works in the local Tesco here and yesterday she said was absolutely mental...there was one lady in particular that started at 6.30pm and was last out at 10pm and had spent over a grand on shopping....that is just ridiculous.

:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I clicked on ' After Hours' and got a thread from 21 years ago, about saggy breasts. !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The picture circulating of the old lady doing her shopping.

I've seen this shared by people who's mother was out panic buying for them but they are sort of the attitude food appears.

Also buy people who works in supermarkets who have there trolley load of shopping tucked away until they're finished there shift.

Also by people who were out shopping themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

It happened again. On touch site hit After Hours and 20 year old threads pop up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Be right back

Like many other recent posts...panic buying...it's silly and unnecessary and can do more harm than good.

But how much did she spend on toilet roll? That's what I want to know!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

spent over a grand on shopping....that is just ridiculous.

I kinda need to know the details of this one :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Services that had previously been 'walk in', who ask the intended clients call or email for appointments.
    Who then, dont respond to messages on either platform.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

But how much did she spend on toilet roll? That's what I want to know!!

I would love to know that one myself, but herself wasn't the one who served her.
    I kinda need to know the details of this one :D

Apparently there was €300 worth of clothing in that as well. I don't think she was right in the head and definitely could afford to self isolate when she is spending that amount on stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Be right back

I would love to know that one myself, but herself wasn't the one who served her.

Apparently there was €300 worth of clothing in that as well. I don't think she was right in the head and definitely could afford to self isolate when she is spending that amount on stuff.

I would love to able to spend €300 on clothes in one go! That was definitely emergency spending for her so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

That post that’s doing the rounds that’s a picture of the back of a bottle of Dettol spray saying that it kills coronavirus and has an expiry date in 2019 or something. The caption is something like “how did they know about coronavirus back then, something isn’t right”

Yeah hun, your head. Do people not know that COVID-19 is just a new strain of coronavirus but that the common cold or flu is also a form of coronavirus? Take off the tinfoil hats ffs, the government isn’t infecting all of us, it’s not all a hoax, relax

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I have cancelled going to London next week.Its just not worth the hassle.Pity im missing my cousins funeral.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Ray Darcy on the radio so cringe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭GBX

A friend ranting on social media about people not respecting personal space in the massive queues in a supermarket. :confused:

Stay at home and lessen the queues. Adding to the hoarding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Cheltenham time of year and living in England some people automatically assume I love horse racing. No I don't- I know absolutely nothing about it.

I was in a Deli Yesterday.
    I was standing at the counter. Two old woman popped up beside me. I asked for 8 slices of ham.(They only had one kind of ham).
    Then pushed past me and asked for ham also and said they didn't want the smoked ham. The woman behind the counter said it wasn't smoked.
    Then one of the old ladies insisted the I asked for smoked ham and she got sour about it.
    Then she settled down and started sneezing and coughing without taking any real precautions.
    Then she decided to pay in loads of small change and she spilled it all over the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

An ad for an expensive glass water bottle called BKR ("beaker"). "Customers tell us they're forming an emotional attachment to their bottle..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

An ad for an expensive glass water bottle called BKR ("beaker"). "Customers tell us they're forming an emotional attachment to their bottle..."

Yeah. Like a toddler whose parents are trying to wean them off their "bokkie'. I'm sold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭VanHalen

Quite a popular thread this and I sort of dip in and out so haven’t read everything but my TA is people who use the palm of their hand to turn the steering wheel of their car. Don’t know why but it just seems annoying.

VanHalen wrote: »
    Quite a popular thread this and I sort of dip in and out so haven’t read everything but my TA is people who use the palm of their hand to turn the steering wheel of their car. Don’t know why but it just seems annoying.

I'm just jealous of that one. You'd swear I drive an old artic with no power steering with the amount of hand movements I do..... Driving didn't come easy to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I don't drive, but I think I know what you mean...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭gifted

Trying to log into work email from phone , no bother before but now telling me that there is no mailbox or license.....give me strenght...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

The girl in McDonald's talking to her co-worker while running her fingers around the rim of a paper cup before filling it with milkshake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

They’ll be crying over it when it breaks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I’ve a massive burn on the roof of my mouth and can’t eat anything hot or cold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Josh Widdicombe's laugh.
    It's like a saw cutting through my skull.

When people listen to a big long loud video on their phone/laptop and don't put in earphones!

I'm always giving berry syrup or telling people to buy some from a chemist. Now I'm sick and
    *I * don't have any left and can't get to a chemist's. Only another 6 months til I can make some more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I'm always giving berry syrup or telling people to buy some from a chemist. Now I'm sick and *I * don't have any left and can't get to a chemist's. Only another 6 months til I can make some more.

Can you make it with frozen berries, assuming these havent been panic bought.

TA at all the panic buying.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Can you make it with frozen berries, assuming these havent been panic bought.

TA at all the panic buying.

Will look for them. I think online herbalists sell them dried. Good thinking Ted!
    TA I dont want to have to eat lentils for the rest of my life so I didnt panic buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

blade1 wrote: »
    Josh Widdicombe's laugh.
    It's like a saw cutting through my skull.
    Jimmy Carr's laugh too.
    TA the last leg gets guests on and more or less ignores them so they can talk and joke amongst themselves. Not as bad as it used to be, the producer must have had a word with the lads 'engage with the guests ffs'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭AlbionCat

People on my local village facebook group who logon to moan about the potholes and ask why the council is not doing anything about them, but wont take two clicks extra to report said potholes so the council knows about them.

As children, they probably cycled with no hands, standing on the pedals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Fcukwits going to the pub as seen yesterday , and more than likely over the weekend . I honestly don't understand how grown adults aren't grasping the importance of heeding the guidelines and advice given to everyone . Apparently it must not apply to them . Or am I wrong in my thinking ?

Rant over :p

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Fcukwits going to the pub as seen yesterday , and more than likely over the weekend . I honestly don't understand how grown adults aren't grasping the importance of heeding the guidelines and advice given to everyone . Apparently it must not apply to them . Or am I wrong in my thinking ?

Rant over :p
    The old 'ah shur twill be grand' attitude.
    Has got us this far but it might be our downfall yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

listening to grown adults having the chats and feeling sad that they have been failed by our education system so much that they can’t express themselves without the use of obscenities

A TA of mine is the substitution of "and sh1t" as a descriptive for anything.
    "I need to buy toilet paper and sh1t". "We're going to have a dinner party and sh1t".

• Advertisement

A TA of mine is the substitution of "and sh1t" as a descriptive for anything.
    "I need to buy toilet paper and sh1t". "We're going to have a dinner party and sh1t".
    Do people still say that? How retro :D
    Sean Hughes used to do a joke about that in the 90's.

Do people still say that? How retro :D
    Sean Hughes used to do a joke about that in the 90's.

Really? I thought it was a new thing, in the past three years. I first heard it from a white friend who puts on black rapper airs (I know some odd people :D).

He had an expensive private education and acts like a complete eejit at 38 years of age...a bit TA in itself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The constant inner row in my head atm, about wasting water running it till it get hot and how it needs to be hot to kill the virus.

The residual 'joys' of having had eco aware parents and a former aid worker partner.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

I have that, plus fire safety stuff drilled into me, plus a razor sharp horsesh1t detector that has tipped over into distrust and believing someone who speaks in political tongues is always lying to me, a legacy from a father who worked in politics amongst many other things. It is really TA. The person was lying some of the time but I'd have been happier if I hadnt been so aware of it. Ignorance is bliss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Fcukwits going to the pub as seen yesterday , and more than likely over the weekend .

Sure there was less than 100 of us in there! :D

What's annoying is it's taken a panic for people to practice proper hygiene in the pub!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Sure there was less than 100 of us in there! :D

What's annoying is it's taken a panic for people to practice proper hygiene in the pub!

Lol , be grand so !
    I know it sounded like I was ranting , but if the pubs are packed , there's no way of keeping a safe distance from anyone ,, that was the point of my post .

It's taken a panic for a lot of people to practice proper hygiene anywhere :D

• Advertisement

Glitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,170 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

People howling about people going to pubs.
    Last time I checked, there was no directive to close pubs.
    Were these people howling about children going to school before the schools were closed?

It is possible to go to the pub and follow recommended protocols. Same goes for cafés and restaurants.

People howling about people going to pubs.
    Last time I checked, there was no directive to close pubs.
    Were these people howling about children going to school before the schools were closed?

It is possible to go to the pub and follow recommended protocols. Same goes for cafés and restaurants.

Ah now there's a huge difference between going for a pint and a child's education.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

People in Facebook groups sharing photos like this. Sort out your privacy settings FFS

89436548_10163343914375089_5617558618892140544_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=ca434c&_nc_ohc=VOW0C-UZi5AAX98jt8J&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-2.fna&oh=30b8207683427c2a142756900f2197db&oe=5E939E13

People in Facebook groups sharing photos like this. Sort out your privacy settings FFS

89436548_10163343914375089_5617558618892140544_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=ca434c&_nc_ohc=VOW0C-UZi5AAX98jt8J&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-2.fna&oh=30b8207683427c2a142756900f2197db&oe=5E939E13

It's probably the settings of the person they shared it from. I shared a post from a local group about a donkey for rehoming a couple of weeks ago. It was set to public visibility but the person changed to friends only or deleted the original and its showing that now ^

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement