Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

I feel your....pain?

Threw it on the Ground has been stuck in my head for the last week.
    The day this doesn't make me laugh is the day I have given up on life.

tenor.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,170 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

There's my TA, the anger about vegan/veggie diets.

This is really getting on my wick.
    Wtf is people's problem?
    You know what? Sagging off vegan/veggies isn't original, isn't smart, isn't funny. It just makes people seem unoriginal, stupid and unfunny.
    But hey, all the other, unoriginal, stupid, unfunny people will think you are great!
    God, you people are boring ass hats!

Young fella, just finished his leaving cert, called to work looking for a job the other day.
    Great, you might think. We have a brilliant lad working there the last two years who came to us that way.
    Problem; Mammy came with him all the way to the door and did the talking on his behalf! Stupid woman, while meaning the best for her son, made sure that the young fella will never get a job there because she made him look useless and mollycoddled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

This is really getting on my wick.
    Wtf is people's problem?
    You know what? Sagging off vegan/veggies isn't original, isn't smart, isn't funny. It just makes people seem unoriginal, stupid and unfunny.
    But hey, all the other, unoriginal, stupid, unfunny people will think you are great!
    God, you people are boring ass hats!

A few folks on here just can't accept that its a thing. In the real world, I've never seen that kind of reaction but hey that's the internet for you.

Problem; Mammy came with him all the way to the door and did the talking on his behalf! Stupid woman, while meaning the best for her son, made sure that the young fella will never get a job there because she made him look useless and mollycoddled.
    Poor guy.

A few folks on here just can't accept that its a thing. In the real world, I've never seen that kind of reaction but hey that's the internet for you.

Oh, it's prevalent in the real world, too.
    Usually just a throwaway, "I hate vegans" or "they're so preachy". Same kinda people that use terms like men/women, English, feminist, liberal etc. in a pejorative sense. Boring, stupid people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,039 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Shemale wrote: »
    People who think they walk fast infuriate me. I do walk really fast most of the time as I'm always late.

I frequently pass by a "fast walker" and get this, they break into a run to get back in front of me move across my line and then "fast walk" 10 metres in front of me, until I pass them again and then they break into a run etc.

You should be allowed to kick the legs from under them.

What is the mindset "He walks fast but not as fast as me, quick, run"

I’m not really a fast walker but, like you, my time keeping isn’t the best so I’m sometimes in a rush to get past people.

One time I skipped ahead of this old guy on a street in the city centre. I didn’t even notice him, I was just in a hurry.

Anyway, a few meters down the road the same old guy runs past me, turns around and shouts “ha!” at me. I honestly didn’t know we were in a race to that arbitrary point on the footpath but I guess he won so fair play to him.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭gifted

The Dubzzz have arrived.....tranquility of the pool has been shattered by this arrival of inbred tribe...how ya pal...aright there Anto.....poxy bollix ya...

Take them now God....please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

The phrase: "It's not my monkey, not my circus". Christ almighty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Ppl, who say x is 'only a child' when a complaint is made about x's bad behaviour and how taking 'child' to task will only frighten them as they are only a 'child'.

More often than not 'child' is in their late teens or twenties.

TA, the misuse of the english language.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    The phrase: "It's not my monkey, not my circus". Christ almighty.

A HEO I worked with in the civil service said that once. I was not impressed given that this HEO spent most of their working day talking about cakes while their subordinates/'monkeys' got on with the job in hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

Bredabe wrote: »
    Ppl, who say x is 'only a child' when a complaint is made about x's bad behaviour and how taking 'child' to task will only frighten them as they are only a 'child'.

More often than not 'child' is in their late teens or twenties.

TA, the misuse of the english language.

Ah sur little Johnny had a tough up bringin' bein' an only child an all.
    That's all well and good madam, but little Johnny is 6' 4 and is 24...you don't go around being a nuisance without being reprimanded.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

The septics and their stoopid way of writing down the date.
    Month/Date/Year. Why isn't the film called "Born on July the 4th"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Mams hippo flaps

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    The septics and their stoopid way of writing down the date.
    Month/Date/Year. Why isn't the film called "Born on July the 4th"

9-11 conspiracy theorists will love you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

9-11 conspiracy theorists will love you!

You mean the 11-9 theorists?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

When I get a phone call from an unrecognized number and the person calling just assumes I know who they are and what they want.

Its like playing 'Guess Who'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Loud people on the train

Went to BOI ATM after 6PM outside bank of Ireland . One of Two machines working and theres a fupping queue.
    Sod that. Didn't bother with queue Walked home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

leo and his parish priest comment, (he said what he said) and then the folk that quote what he said but don't say what he said, He said Parish priest.....Not Catholic Priest, Don't know who is worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Raging at my bf cos he took a pic of me with the girls and I’m like you never told me I got fat you big dirty bastard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Raging at my bf cos he took a pic of me with the girls and I’m like you never told me I got fat you big dirty bastard

Hahahaha. Yeah right, that's exactly what every girl wants to hear from her bf :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

So I’ve decided that I’d like to lose a little weight but I’ve also decided that I’d like to eat all the things so yeah.

Also Deli staff who don’t seem to know what a small bit of ketchup means. Shark attack sandwich here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

So Ive decided that Id like to lose a little weight but Ive also decided that Idlike to eat all the things so yeah.

Also Deli staff who dont seem to know what a small bit of ketchup means. Shark attack sandwich here

Oh they just squirt it everywhere- got forbid they would use a knife to even it out, no blobs of sauce on your sandwich

When people come into the off licence looking for the galleo wine. It's gallo you ****wits!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Belly doing summersaults.
    Sinus blocked.
    Plumber coming sometime between 9 this morning and 9 tonight.
    Coffee pot is empty.
    Rear view mirror fell off in the car.
    House needs a scrub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Why would you tell someone that they look like one of their parents? So you're saying I look like 30+ years older than I am? :mad:

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Sinus blocked.
    Coffee pot is empty.
    House needs a scrub.

............or tomorrow......or next week......or next month......or never :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Sinus blocked.
    Coffee pot is empty.
    House needs a scrub.

Blimey, i've never seen a video that long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

When the front seat passenger in the car you are driving insists on leaning forward at every junction blocking your view to tell you if the coast is clear.

Sit back you prat, I'm the driver!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

When the front seat passenger in the car you are driving insists on leaning forward at every junction blocking your view to tell you if the coast is clear.

Sit back you prat, I'm the driver!

That's not as bad as when the front seat passenger is leaning forward, is blocking the driver's view and DOESN'T say whether the coast is clear or not!:mad:

• Advertisement

The combination of magical thinking and judgemental streak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

Being connected to a call centre for a utility/insurance company and being told that "Your call will be answered in X minutes" and after holding for X + God knows how many more minutes, you're cut off.

Another is "Please stay on the line - your call is important to us":(:mad:

I'm the youngest of 5 in my family.. When people hear this, the automatic response is "you must have been so spoilt!"

Thing is, no one likes spoilt people, me included.

So, what you are saying is that I come across as a selfish, self entitled arsehole who can't or wont do anything for themselves?

Thank you for that compliment. are you as blunt with everyone you meet or just with youngest family members?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I’ve fallen absolutely in love with a car in the UK that I really want. Can almost afford it, but am just a bit short when you take everything into account. Anyway, I sent it to my dad, who I’ve never asked for anything in my life, and he said he’d try and help if he could, and to let him know of the final figures when I had them worked out. So I did that, and heard nothing. So I suppose that’s an answer in itself :rolleyes:

I asked the person paid to know these things if x location was within walking distance or we would need to drive to y?, the ta is responses like, its close/far enough.

As the girls would say, 'what does that even mean'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,920 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Most first world TA ever: came on my holliers to Cancun yesterday and have woken up at 6am local time despite being awake for 24 hours yesterday.

Can't even get up and start unpacking or anything as my sister is still comatose in the other bed.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Most first world TA ever: came on my holliers to Cancun yesterday and have woken up at 6am local time despite being awake for 24 hours yesterday.

Can't even get up and start unpacking or anything as my sister is still comatose in the other bed.

Oh poor Dial Hard, my heart bleeds for you :rolleyes:

Oh poor Dial Hard, my heart bleeds for you

The birds are really noisy too :pac

The birds are really noisy too :pac

Could life possibly get any worse for you? :D

Go to Isla Mujeres - little island about 20 minutes from Cancun Town.

Twenty odd years ago it was really gorgeous and low key compared to Cancun Resort - real paradise island stuff. Might be worth a day trip, at least.

• Advertisement

Texting my boyfriend:
    Me on Wednesday: Will we go to such a place on Sat night.
    Him: No response.
    Me yesterday: Will we go to such a place Sat night.
    Me today: I won't do a big shop if we are going to such a place tomorrow night.

Ok I'll ring him. Ding ding. Ding ding. Ding ding.
    NO. RESPONSE!!!!!!

My anger is boundless and and all consuming. It stretches out further than the deepest darkest recesses of the earth.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Sinus blocked.

A plumber won't be able to help with either of those things. :pac:

Up Donegal wrote: »
    Being connected to a call centre for a utility/insurance company and being told that "Your call will be answered in X minutes" and after holding for X + God knows how many more minutes, you're cut off.

Another is "Please stay on the line - your call is important to us":(:mad:

MURDER!!!

Could life possibly get any worse for you? :D

I know, the poor thing... and she hasn't even got sunburnt yet!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

With the heat there's a lot of women around in short shorts. While this is generally nice to look at, I cant help but be a bit jealous - if I wore short shorts around the place parents would be shielding their kid's eyes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Texting my boyfriend:
    Me on Wednesday: Will we go to such a place on Sat night.
    Me yesterday: Will we go to such a place Sat night.
    Me today: I won't do a big shop if we are going to such a place tomorrow night.

Ok I'll ring him. Ding ding. Ding ding. Ding ding.
    NO. RESPONSE!!!!!!

My anger is boundless and and all consuming. It stretches out further than the deepest darkest recesses of the earth.

Can other people see him too, Perse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The dog always lies in the most awkward of places, doorways etc. Sometimes she stands up as I am stepping over her and being large she trips me over. She also leaves her ball in sneaky places so that I stand on it and go flying :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

People who don't say what they want and give out.
    Examples.
    A guy goes to a barber and he doesn't tell the barber what he wants. They then complain there hair is to short and they whole process happens again next time they get a cut because they didn't say what they wanted.
    Somebody goes to a deli/carvery counter they let the person scoop in loads of mash and instead of telling them to stop they say nothing and complain and next time they go there they could say ''Just two scoops is enough but they don't''.

Can other people see him too, Perse?

Shìt. Is it that obvious that I made him up?

Go to Isla Mujeres - little island about 20 minutes from Cancun Town.

Yep, plan to hit there and Cozumel. We're a bit outside Cancun town so not in the middle of the real touristy area. Moon Palace for anyone who might be planning a trip, can't recommend it enough. We did Florida for a week then here for a week last year and it loved it here so much we came back for the two weeks this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

People who don't say what they want and give out.
    Examples.
    A guy goes to a barber and he doesn't tell the barber what he wants. They then complain there hair is to short and they whole process happens again next time they get a cut because they didn't say what they wanted.
    Somebody goes to a deli/carvery counter they let the person scoop in loads of mash and instead of telling them to stop they say nothing and complain and next time they go there they could say ''Just two scoops is enough but they don't''.

Worked in a restaurant and it used to infuriate me when someone clearly wasn't happy with their meal, and would just mutter and grumble instead of allowing us to fix whatever the problem was or grab them something else

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    The dog always lies in the most awkward of places, doorways etc. Sometimes she stands up as I am stepping over her and being large she trips me over. She also leaves her ball in sneaky places so that I stand on it and go flying :(
    Looking at your username, I ain't blaming the dog for your rubber legs incidents.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement