Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,932 ✭✭✭gifted

Eldest chick and middle chick are annoying the ****e out of me all week.....I've ran the two of them into the bedroom to sort out why they are always fighting.....do sisters always fight like this ?? Is it still legal to give a Hurley to each one and who ever is standing after 10 min is the winner?

Only kidding about the hurley....ish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

gifted wrote: »
    Eldest chick and middle chick are annoying the ****e out of me all week.....I've ran the two of them into the bedroom to sort out why they are always fighting.....do sisters always fight like this ?? Is it still legal to give a Hurley to each one and who ever is standing after 10 min is the winner?

Only kidding about the hurley....ish

TA my eldest and middle girl still kill each other at 25 and 19 :(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Didn't bother to change out of work shirt when I got home yesterday. Bit into a sandwich, cherry tomato burst - pocket stained.
    Washed it earlier - stain won't come out! Trying for the second time......

Kivaro wrote: »
    Looking at your username, I ain't blaming the dog for your rubber legs incidents.

I'm telling ya the dog is out to get me.
    She drinks her water and then stands there with her mouth open and let's it run out. I have just skeeted across the floor on it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    I'm telling ya the dog is out to get me.
    She drinks her water and then stands there with her mouth open and let's it run out. I have just skeeted across the floor on it :(

Lol , sorry but that's a very funny image of the dog with the water :D
    (Hope you didn't fall though :o)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Didn’t entirely plan on staying in Tipp tonight, and left all my makeup in Limerick :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭crybaby

People who consistently start their sentence with "Look, ......." as if they are about to bless us with wisdom and for some reason rugby players are particularly fond of doing this - Peter O'Mahoney being one example.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Being woken by an ignorant knob head sibling slamming doors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭Noo

Didn't bother to change out of work shirt when I got home yesterday. Bit into a sandwich, cherry tomato burst - pocket stained.
    Washed it earlier - stain won't come out! Trying for the second time......

Put it out in the sunshine.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Catching your pocket on a door handle as your walking by.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭railer201

'So' - at the start of a sentence.

railer201 wrote: »

YES!!!
    When did that creep in? Usually people younger than 30. Drives me crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Have a plaster on my thumb. Can’t unlock phone with it. Have to type in code. Now, that’s trivial

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭bobbyss

YES!!! When did that creep in? Usually people younger than 30. Drives me crazy.

Annoyingly not usually the case at all. Listening to mature interviewees on the radio your heart would sink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

That's me sorry :(

My TA is people who insist on constantly going in and out of the row at a concert.

Autosport wrote: »
    That's me sorry :(

My TA is people who insist on constantly going in and out of the row at a concert.

.......and that's probably me - sorry ! :)

YES!!!
    When did that creep in? Usually people younger than 30. Drives me crazy.

Recently enough - it seems to be the latest buzz word and used at every opportunity particularly in reply to questions by tv interviewers.

Remember 'enjoy' - everyone was at it. You couldn't buy a cup of coffee without being told 'enjoy', minus the 'it' of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

Also the use of 'Basically' at the start of almost every sentence.
    As Judge Judy said - "I don't do 'Basically'!"

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

"So" has been around for literally (yes, literally!) centuries. And similar words are used in many other languages, too. ("Bon", "Alors", "Dunque", "Allora", etc).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/So_(sentence_opener)

My theory is that people that use it are thinking about something specific they want to say or they have to do, come to a conclusion about it in their own heads, and when they utter their next sentence it's really a continuation of their internal monologue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

People taking pleasure at the deaths of others from animal attacks.

There are different situations - hunters, animal trainers, tourists, children. But some seem to revel in all and can't wait to come out with "animal acting naturally" comments and expressing dismay that perpetrator might be put down.

New Home wrote: »
    "So" has been around for literally (yes, literally!) centuries. And similar words are used in many other languages, too. ("Bon", "Alors", "Dunque", "Allora", etc).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/So_(sentence_opener)

My theory is that people that use it are thinking about something specific they want to say or they have to do, come to a conclusion about it in their own heads, and when they utter their next sentence it's really a continuation of their internal monologue.

Of course it has been around for years, but its use in answering has only been in recent years - I would say its widespread use is even more recent than that particularly when answering on radio or tv. From your link >>>
    So is an English word that, apart from its other uses, has become increasingly popular in recent years as a coordinating conjunctive opening word in a sentence. This device is particularly used when answering questions although the questioner may also use the device.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Last summer I had a look at my finances and knew with going on twilight time with work to support uni, money would be tight. Of course, as soon as it hits winter, I run out of jersey, warm pants for work, I nursed the couple of pairs I had until the sales and bought new ones and spent hellish evening trying to hem them properly(unsuccessfully according to my more 'helpful' colleagues) To avoid having to pay between 10/15e for a professional to do them.

Cleaning out my bedroom this am, I find three pairs already hemmed and almost new, I must have put them in that location as I was short of space.

TATATATATA

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

TA that I just can’t make a decision on something

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

snapped the key in my bedroom door. Never in my life did I snap a key before.

I wasn't even drunk or falling over or putting too much pressure at the time, I have no idea how it happened. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Two words.

Language Students.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,541 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Every time, and I mean EVERY, I hoover the house, I suddenly develop owl-like vision afterwards where I can spot the merest speck of dirt on the floor the length of the hall away. Couldn't see it when actually hoovering of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

The rain this morning

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

N sticker on the car and has already forgotten how to use indicators.

A pox on your house and your seed.

• Advertisement

branie2 wrote: »
    The rain this morning

Not a drop in Cork so far, add that to your ta's lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

I already said it on the old thread but the internet is starting to do my head in, high speed broadband but you go onto a website and all you get is accept cookies, ads and on youtube more ads.

And them stupid capthca things.

Slows everything down grrr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

When people pronounce Gibraltar as Gibraltah.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Every time I set foot in my garden, be it to have a cup of coffee, read a book or have a glass of wine...the chain smoking fcuker from next door steps out and lights up his manky smokes! I think he lays in wait, and his cigarettes seem to be stinkier than normal.

And yes, I am an ex smoker��

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When somebody insists on helping you to do a simple task such as carry something. Especially when they get in the way and make things harder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

This humidity has my head almost exploding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

My friend pronounces ‘ridiculous’ as ‘ri - dick- lis’ and it really irritates me. It’s ridiculous, really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Blaizes

Queues in shops, seems to be more people and not enough staff. Really annoying.

Poured out a bowl of cereal only to find out that bf used up 99.9% of the milk :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

When somebody insists on helping you to do a simple task such as carry something. Especially when they get in the way and make things harder.

Kids, eh?

Automatic kettles that don't fill themselves up.

• Advertisement

People who say 'veh - hickle' in two distinct syllables, instead of 'vee-ickle' with first syllable flowing into the second. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

People who say 'veh - hickle' in two distinct syllables, instead of 'vee-ickle' with first syllable flowing into the second. :(

Like a Garda

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

People with bad breath standing too close to you while talking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Shemale wrote: »
    Kids, eh?

No, adults in my experience are the worst. You should met my father.
    He always insists on helping and he just gets in the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Checking the weather forecast for the day and making a plan for the day based on it. Then executing said plan only for the weather to turn out differently. Argh.

Your brothers/sisters are your siblings. Your Mam and Dad are your parents. Your Nan and Grandad are your grandparents. Why isn't there a collective word for nieces /nephews and aunts/uncles?

Niblings. But the word was the topic of many a TAs for some people in previous incarnations of this thread.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/nibling#Etymology

New Home wrote: »
    Niblings. But the word was the topic of many a TAs for some people in previous incarnations of this thread.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/nibling#Etymology

Niblings! Sounds like you're going to eat them :)

That's because when they're babies you tell them "You're so cute I could eat you up!", and then you blow a raspberry on their tummies. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭Bredabe

No, adults in my experience are the worst. You should met my father.
    He always insists nn help and he just gets in the way.

Both my dad and some of my 'brothers' are tall(6-6.7ft) each and everyone of them are dangerous to be around, they cant seem to get a handle on the space to humanity ratio common to the rest of us squirts.

I spent so much of my childhood black and blue from them not knowing I was behind/beside of them, and stood on/elbowed/head butted(dont ask)

Ta, ppl never think this might be part of the reason I dont like ppl I dont know well in my person space.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement