Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Stayed in a hostel and considering some of the monster 16 bed or 28 bed places I've been in a 4 bed ensuite is considered top of the range for a dorm room. Usually a 4 bed ensuite is their most expensive option

People in hostels travel and gotta be up early. I know this well as I do it myself but I pack the night before, never rustle plastic bags and other common sense ideas.

The guy in my room left his phone charging in the corner all good but my TA is when his 4am alarm went off he ignored it for aaaaaaaaaages and it rang out

5 minutes later it rang twice and stopped. Same happened on 10 minutes and 15 minutes so I guess he has an apple watch or something and can control his phone and was snoozing the alarm. Eventually he got up before the 5th ring

I am amazed I do not hear of killing sprees in hostels. Some people would drive ya to murder

I stayed in a particularly sh!tty hostel in Nice many years ago. Was woken up by the loudest snoring I've ever heard. Was annoying, but stuck on my discman (that long ago), and tried to get back to sleep. One of the other residents of the dorm was not so patient, and went over and starting repeatedly thumping yer man in the arm and yelling at him. Wasn't sure what was said as it was in French, but it did the job, no more snoring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

How to make sure it rains- hang out clothes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Finally get things all the compartments of a project sorted and in one place, now I cant remember the timings of the most important bit!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Ppl who dont seem to be able to grasp the human condition!

fussyonion wrote: »
    My fella never opens the feckin window after having a shoite despite me asking, nay, TELLING him umpteen Jaysus times to open it. I'm surprised I still have working nostrils the amount of times I've inhaled his noxious bowel evacuations.
    Open. A. Window.

Oh, and warm toilet seats are horrid.

Grounds for divorce right there. Deadly serious.

• Advertisement

TA that it's not okay for me to sing along to Fake Plastic Trees, while listening on my phone, on the train to Heuston.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

TA that it's not okay for me to sing along to Fake Plastic Trees, while listening on my phone, on the train to Heuston.

TA'd that 20 minutes after reading this post, I'm still singing Fake Plastic Trees in my head and probably will be for the rest of the day. Absolute tune though

Now it's Alison Moyet's 'invisible' - the impulse to belt it out is powerful.
    Must not upset the other passengers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Invited to a friend's for lunch at 3.30 yesterday. Got fed at 6.
    I was beyond hangry at that stage and just felt sad and wanted to go home.
    Dinner was really lovely but I was out of sorts all evening.
    Another friend was 2 hours late - they appeared to be waiting for him.

I'd have had lunch if I knew we weren't eating until 6.

Cut flaky people out of your life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

I am a man in my mid 30's but have the skin of a teenage girl. When I eat a lot of chocolate in a short space of time I break out in spots. I binged over the Bank Holiday weekend and I woke up today looking like a human/leopard hybrid! Of course the checkout lady in Aldi was extremely pretty this morning while I tried to hide my face Elephant Man style. Woe is me. :(

• Advertisement

Met Éireann and their malfunctioning radar, guesswork is for the birds. Went out for a round of pitch & putt this evening, cajoled a few others to join me. Ten mile journey, all raring to go when we landed on the first tee. Lift the club...heavens open. Abandoned on front nine for sanctuary of the 19th.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

First night closing the blinds before 10 in a while. :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

A humongous truck coming at me around a bend on a narrow country road. My life flashed before my eyes. If I hadn't had the gravel outside the drive of a house to swerve into, I wouldn't be posting now:(. I'm seriously considering a dashcam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭4Ad

Regretting not putting in more of an effort chatting up a real cute girl from Waterford at the All Together Now festival. Jesus I'm useless with women !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

4Ad wrote: »
    Regretting not putting in more of an effort chatting up a real cute girl from Waterford at the All Together Now festival. Jesus I'm useless with women !

The one that got away.

I think lots of has one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

4Ad wrote: »

I feel your pain.

I was that soldier many times in life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

When you're at the back of the Aldi store and they announce that "till number 3 is now closing, please make your way to another till." There's no need to broadcast this all over the store, only up near the checkouts.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Litterbugs

Was taking a walk into town today, 3 teenagers walking towards me, one of them opening some sort of flat package, about 12 inches in length, 4 inches wide. Don't know what it was, but he just opens it and f**ks it on the footpath and walks on with his pals.

I shouted after him "Oi, what do you think this is a landfill? Pick that up!"

He turned around embarrassed and picked it up, I said while pointing to the supermarket across the road "It's not a dump man, supermarket just over there with a bin outside, get rid of it there"

Turning into a cranky old person haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

When restaurants and cafes add in spicy ingredients without listing them on the menu, this has happened twice in the last two weeks, went for lunch with a friend last week and ordered the vegan breakfast, food arrived covered in chili flakes and spicy beans, went for Dinner a few days ago, ordered pasta, chose this one specifically as it was one of the few dishes that didn't have anything spicy listed in the ingredients on the menu, same thing happened, it arrived covered in chili flakes. I hate spicy food, cant stomach it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,932 ✭✭✭gifted

It's raining constant here in Galway for the last couple of days .....enough already.......

• Advertisement

I was listening to my ipod in bed last night and the ipod touched off my thigh making some of it a bit cold for a second.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭MiliMe

Doctors appointment at 9. Still waiting to be seen. Rage.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

People[men]standing in shops with their hands on their hips.Big pokey elbows in my way.Ah

dubstarr wrote: »
    People[men]standing in shops with their hands on their hips.Big pokey elbows in my way.Ah
    I'll be honest I thought you were going to say something other than hips...:eek:

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    A humongous truck coming at me around a bend on a narrow country road. My life flashed before my eyes. If I hadn't had the gravel outside the drive of a house to swerve into, I wouldn't be posting now:(. I'm seriously considering a dashcam.
    How are you now Rubberlegs? Still shaken up?
    I would encourage any driver to get a dash cam, hopefully you will never have any real need for it but I know too many people who wished they had one after a crash or accident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Autecher wrote: »
    I'll be honest I thought you were going to say something other than hips...:eek:

Knees?

RMAOK wrote: »
    Knees?
    Haha! Yes, in the interest of decorum I though Dubstarr was going to say knees :p

Girl dog has big problems getting up stairs now that her tumour is so big, not that she doesnt try.
    6 am she wanted to get up to my bedroom but was sliding back down the steps cause of the weakness in her back paws.

When I carried her up the stairs, I hit her head against my lip.
    So now I have a bruised lip and a guilt complex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭Lady Spangles

People who use the net-speak phrase "lol" as some sort of punctuation mark (particularly when used in lieu of a full stop).

I was reading the Digital Spy version of the "Creepy Experiences" thread (so not to be confused with the one right here in AH) and one commentator recalled a near-miss at a trainstation. That person actually posted: "...I thought I was going to be raped or murdered lol"

"Lol" instead of a full stop is one thing, but its use in the above sentence just makes it even more special.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My dog sheds like a motherfcuker. It's literally the only thing I'd change about her. I spent about two hours earlier hoovering the house, de-hairing the couch and washing the throws we use to keep the worst of it off. She just came in from the back garden cause it's started raining and I can literally see the cloud of falling hair she's trailing behind her. I'm going to have to start wrapping her in cling film or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Coughers and sneezers on public transport who can't use tissues or cover there face with their hand when they really should stop spreading their dirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

When people replace "been there" or "been to one" with just "been". I really hate that. I don't mind idiomatic expressions usually, but it just seems like a fundamental breaking of the rules of grammar for no reason.

Sometimes I'd love to say: "Have I been what? Have I ever ****ing been what?"

Dial Hard wrote: »
    My dog sheds like a motherfcuker. It's literally the only thing I'd change about her. I spent about two hours earlier hoovering the house, de-hairing the couch and washing the throws we use to keep the worst of it off. She just came in from the back garden cause it's started raining and I can literally see the cloud of falling hair she's trailing behind her. I'm going to have to start wrapping her in cling film or something.

Bubble wrap could be a good option but to be honest if I had a dog that didn’t shed much I would still wrap it in bubble wrap just so I could do this

tenor.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TA for people lying to your face, telling you it's the truth when you both know it's a blatent lie. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Skobes robbing drink from Lidl in broad daylight!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

I was listening to my ipod in bed last night and the ipod touched off my thigh making some of it a bit cold for a second.

Came here to post about people who use fog lights when there's no fog (back is accidental but front is just being a twat), and then Autecher just made my night with that. Thanks, no longer annoyed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

OMG, you ok hun/chick?

OMG, you ok hun/chick?

Thank you for your concern bubbles. I have battled through this day despite the trauma I suffered last night. I will be going to bed again soon, say a prayer for me as it could happen again..... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

OMG, you ok hun/chick?

Thank you for your concern bubbles. I have battled through this day despite the trauma I suffered last night. I will be going to bed again soon, say a prayer for me as it could happen again..... :(
    #Wuss.

To thine own self be true

Feeling very inadequate not even getting a sniff of the Catchphrase thread right.

• Advertisement

#Wuss.

#Reported

#Wuss.

Reported
    TA at being a snitched on :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I like having long hair (most of the time) but my god I hate having to dry it after a shower

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Skobes robbing drink from Lidl in broad daylight!

Pardon my ignorance, bnut what are Skobes?:confused:

I feel your pain.

I was that soldier many times in life.

S was I...so was I...for over 30 years:(:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Up Donegal wrote: »

Skobes- scobies - undesirables

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,244 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Up Donegal wrote: »

Unsavoury, youngsters.
    Skallywags, if you will.

Unsavoury, youngsters.
    Skallywags, if you will.

Thanks for that. I never heard the term before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I just put a spoon of coffee into the sugar jar instead of my mug.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Be right back

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    I just put a spoon of coffee into the sugar jar instead of my mug.

I did that as well recently!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement