Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Having to deactivate social media because of a grubby minded spy informing on me.

I keep habitually typing Facebook into the search bar and then remembering. Messenger's supposed to continue to work despite accpunt deactivation but it isn't working for me. Tres annoying.

You're supposed to be utterly focused on your work every second that you're on work premises, any reminder of a world outside could lead to you having notions of grandeur ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Seanachai wrote: »
    You're supposed to be utterly focused on your work every second that you're on work premises, any reminder of a world outside could lead to you having notions of grandeur ;)

Ha :) I only use social media on my own time. I have an obsessive ex partner, unfortunately.

Being taken for granted. Not just a little bit, a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Awake all last night with the thunderstorm. Completely shattered today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Who in hell came up with the phrase "Mothers and Others" teams? Fairly dismissive to the non-breeders to call them "others".

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

I know. Hope he'll be ok..

I wonder would he be better off gone. Not being cruel but he will be traumatised surely. Doesn't bear thinking about. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

maudgonner wrote: »
    Who in hell came up with the phrase "Mothers and Others" teams? Fairly dismissive to the non-breeders to call them "others".
    It's a well known fact that women who have not given birth are unnatural child haters. I have been called that in the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Be right back

I wonder would he be better off gone. Not being cruel but he will be traumatised surely. Doesn't bear thinking about. :(

Either way, I hope that they prosecute whoever did it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

fmpisces wrote: »
    Laptop updates.
    *snarls*

Always happpens in the morning when you have your coffee and you start up pc, the coffee goes cold :eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭MiliMe

Started a new workout routine, really really enjoying it. Was in gym this evening doing said workout and felt a pop in my hip. Currently sitting with ice on it googling "how bad is pop on hip" hoping for the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭fmpisces

Always happpens in the morning when you have your coffee and you start up pc, the coffee goes cold :eek:.

It asked me when I wanted to do an update...so I chose the "pick a time option" but nothing happened....so it just went and did it on it's own time....my laptop must be male :rolleyes::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Being eternally single and longing for a hug on a tough day / week

Better than being in a relationship and getting no hugs from your partner! I get my hugs from other sources :)

MiliMe wrote: »
    Started a new workout routine, really really enjoying it. Was in gym this evening doing said workout and felt a pop in my hip. Currently sitting with ice on it googling "how bad is pop on hip" hoping for the best.
    If it painful go to the doctor! Hopefully just new workout moving the joint!

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Most overrated band of all time.

This annoys me not trivially though :mad: Get it checked dude!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

MiliMe wrote: »

Were you exercising listening to Hip Pop? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Haven’t been to the gym at all this week because of the bank holiday, work, and now sickness. I know time off every now and again is good, but still :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

Shemale wrote: »
    Were you exercising listening to Hip Pop? :pac:

Seriously, take a bow!
    Hope your hip gets better MM.

My friend's been appointed Inclusion And Diversity Champion at her office and by golly she's boring me sensless about Inclusion and Diversity. Like a 15 year old playing politics.

Bloody hell I hate it when people complain of boredom
    No excuse for boredom
    Yet I'm bored already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Why is it that when there's a bit of rain that it's "bad weather"?
    Was in Aldi yesterday and heard 4 different people complaing and giving out about the weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

Better than being in a relationship and getting no hugs from your partner! I get my hugs from other sources :)

Dump that zero and get yourself a hero :P

What other sources?! :D *asking for a friend*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Getting on a cross county bus yes, I had my self printed ticket in my hand and my student card, having been warned that I could be spot checked on it.
    Driver glanced in the direction of the card and said they dont take oap passes on this bus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Getting shocks off a shopping trolley :mad:

Arm rather unreluctantly twisted to watch the Shining tonight, possibly my favourite film of all time, due to a feicin thread on here :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Getting shocks off a shopping trolley :mad:

Shopping trollies are evil, I get fried all the time. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

A used nappy rolled up , in the back yard .
    Thrown over the wall from next door :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Candie wrote: »
    Shopping trollies are evil, I get fried all the time. :(
    I have this with those self service till screens as well, I read wearing something like a paperclip or any other kind of metal that grounds you, will stop this.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

Mam of 4 wrote:
    A used nappy rolled up , in the back yard . Thrown over the wall from next door

Scumbags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Mam of 4 wrote: »

How rude , throw it back

• Advertisement

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    How rude , throw it back

Sad thing is , it's safer not to do that tbh .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Sad thing is , it's safer not to do that tbh .
    Exactly. Anyone who is willing to dispose of a dirty nappy in their neighbour's yard isn't going to be the most reasonable sort of person.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

At road races where people who don’t have the ability to do so line out with time pacers. Got caught behind so many walkers/slow runners this evening who really should’ve started further back the field. Seems to be no way to manage it but it’s frustrating for someone who actually wants to achieve that time and is capable of doing so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Buying fuel for the fire in August.

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭MrMiata

The downstairs toilet has a very slow cistern refill so you hear water trickling for 20 fecking minutes any time it’s flushed.
    Currently banging my head off the wall

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

MrMiata wrote: »
    The downstairs toilet has a very slow cistern refill so you hear water trickling for 20 fecking minutes any time it’s flushed.

Put a bottle or a stone in it to deflect the water. Had same problem here. Seemed like the water took over 10 minutes to fill, and had to listen to every drop.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Or open the lid of the cistern and see if you can open the tap a bit more. Unless it's a water pressure issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭fmpisces

I've had that before....reported to the council.
    I too wouldn't throw it back. Very difficult to deal with people who don't give a sh!t about their neighbours. Littering is disgusting.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

MrMiata wrote: »

Nightmare if you have a 3 flusher

Recruiters e-mailing on a Sunday. Bad enough your own employers doing so but feel strongly that work related e-mails, at least externally, should be confined to business hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I made a mistake at work the other week, and I didn’t realise till after the customer had left. It was an honest mistake that would easily have been fixed if they had come to me and said “hey, you fcuked up, can you fix it please?” Instead they didn’t, but decided to write a 2-page email review listing all the things that went wrong over the course of the day that they were there (not all to do with me, but I was mentioned, thankfully not by name).

It just annoyed me so much because the way they worded the part about me made it seem like I did it intentionally when it was a genuine mistake that I’d have fixed absolutely no problem if they had just brought it to my attention.

The long-distance part of a relationship I'm in. Hard enough but quite a few spanners have been thrown into the works to make it harder. I suppose it's not exactly trivial...ok..the way the thumbnail photo pops up of the sender on facebook messenger. It appears right where I'm tyling an email or text and I press their photo unintentionally...that opens messenger and it has to be exited so I can continue what I was typing, but the little thumbnail photo doesn't want to get out of my way and keeps bobbing up again.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Not being able to keep your eyes open from the exhaustion, going to bed for a nap, and being woken up abruptly by a nightmare so that you're left both wrecked and anxious. Great.

When you go to visit someone and they answer the phone for a big chat.

My garden solar lights coming on earlier every evening now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,717 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Filing my nails, then noticing later they look uneven... Then no matter how much I try to even them out, the shape is never perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,717 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

The glitch is baaaaaack.

Deja Boo wrote: »
    The glitch is baaaaaack.

Aye , was getting 503 errors here a few minutes ago .

The glitch is baaaaaack.
    It's the bots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

The glitch is baaaaaack.

Shïte :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement