Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

TA at not getting a pm from hot Sara the spammer. FOMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Sitting at a traffic lights minding my own business when another driver decides to stop paying attention and slam into the back of me.

Jesus, are you OK?

TA, the "good" plates are now mostly chipped while ones I have had for donkey's years remain unscathed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭storker

People who top up their tyres at the garage and then wander off into the shop without moving their car out of the way of the air pump first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Be right back

storker wrote: »
    People who top up their tyres at the garage and then wander off into the shop without moving their car out of the way of the air pump first.

Yes, or if a car is parked by the petrol pump with the driver inside, waiting for someone to leave the shop.

At a busy petrol station the other day, some fella parked at a pump, waiting for someone to leave the shop, oblivious to me waiting behind.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Today's not Friday. Why isn't it Friday? It damn well should be Friday already!

Oh, and I forgot my handbag at home. With my driving licence, my wallet, and everything. And there was a Garda checkpoint on the way. I hope it'll be gone by the time I go home, or at least I hope they won't stop me on the way back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,170 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

storker wrote: »

Worse is the people who just park at the tyre pump and go into the shop.

Worst I had was waiting behind someone at a petrol pump who had gone into shop to pay. Garage was busy. She got back to her car, then seemed to remember that she had meant to buy something in the shop so she left the car there while she went back into the shop and queued up again.:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Worst I had was waiting behind someone at a petrol pump who had gone into shop to pay. Garage was busy. She got back to her car, then seemed to remember that she had meant to buy something in the shop so she left the car there while she went back into the shop and queued up again.:mad::mad::mad:

That's just downright ignorant in my book. I'm normally a quiet person but I'd be inclined to give her a bolloking when she came out the second time round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    Jesus, are you OK?

TA, the "good" plates are now mostly chipped while ones I have had for donkey's years remain unscathed.

As Elvis would say, i'm all shook up. Plus i have the hassle of getting it repaired and going through insurance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

When you post in a thread and it bascially ends at that point!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

A checkout operator in one of the major supermarkets telling me to pack my shopping at the packing shelf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,920 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Up Donegal wrote: »
    A checkout operator in one of the major supermarkets telling me to pack my shopping at the packing shelf.

Which major supermarkets even have packing shelves???

People who stay in the way at supermarket check outs packing their bags after they've paid. Take your basket/trolley to the packing shelf, ffs.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Which major supermarkets even have packing shelves???

The German ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I am using my daughter's car for the time being and when I see it outside I keep thinking it is her after pulling up.

The German ones.

Well I know that but the way he phrased it made it sound like it wasn't one of them. And if it was - dems de rules!

• Advertisement

Well I know that but the way he phrased it made it sound like it wasn't one of them. And if it was - dems de rules!

Apologies for not being more specific.:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Dropped my phone last night and cracked the bottom left corner of it. At least it wasn’t the screen I suppose :rolleyes:

Apologies for not being more specific.:o

So which was it? The suspense is killing us!

My TA: the teabag I just pulled out of the caddy had a hole in it and sent tea flying all over the counter and floor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Curious Scot

My TA: the teabag I just pulled out of the caddy had a hole in it and sent tea flying all over the counter and floor.

By the way, what's a TA? :confused:

Per hour or part therof.

How is this allowed?
    Parking is €5 per hour.
    Unless you stay for 1 hour and 2 minutes, in which case parking is actually €9.68 per hour. Shouldn't they be forced to charge per minute??
    Bastaards!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

That’s why your shopping is cheaper in that supermarket .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

By the way, what's a TA? :confused:

TA is trivial annoyance (or annoy) as per the title of the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Fixed his post to include the German ones.

Ze checkout operator in von of ze machor supermarkets telling me to pack my shoppingk at ze packingk shelf.

RMAOK wrote: »
    TA is trivial annoyance (or annoy) as per the title of the thread.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭GBX

People who take milk out of the fridge, use it and dont bother their bollox putting it back where they got it. Even worse is when they are using milk I brought in for my own consumption. Not for general use - which was why I wrote it in big black marker on the carton. Either they cant read or they are just ignorant pricks.

Thanks.

Why are you posting from two accounts???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I know a guy and he works for his family businesses and is paid about minimum wage which is fine.
    However mammy and daddy are great to pay for the designer clothes, nearly new Audi's, holidays, etc. Which is also cool.
    However he can't wrap his head around why his colleagues aren't able to afford such luxuries because they are on the same wages.

However he can't wrap his head around why his colleagues aren't able to afford such luxuries because they are on the same wages.

Why can't everybody be nicer and kinder to one another and be friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

When you're speaking and the other person says,
    "I'm not interrupting you but..."

Yes you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

People who stack dirty dishes and cups on the counter and leave them there for someone else, instead of just putting them in the dishwasher, which is RIGHT UNDER THE COUNTER!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I know a guy and he works for his family businesses and is paid about minimum wage which is fine.
    However mammy and daddy are great to pay for the designer clothes, nearly new Audi's, holidays, etc. Which is also cool.
    I worked with a woman in my 20's and we were the same age, on the same wage. I had to pay rent, bills etc yet she lived at home and literally all of her wages were disposable income yet she was always broke and heavily in debt. Some people are spoiled by their parents and don't know the value of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    I worked with a woman in my 20's and we were the same age, on the same wage. I had to pay rent, bills etc yet she lived at home and literally all of her wages were disposable income yet she was always broke and heavily in debt. Some people are spoiled by their parents and don't know the value of money.

I have no issue with people being spoiled/etc once know not everybody is in the same position as them!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Paddy Cow wrote: »

I'm familiar with that.
    "Why don't you just buy one"
    I'm not budgeted for a thousand euro unnecessary outlay"
    "That's not a lot"
    "not much, if you say it fast!"

a bit ta'd at my neighbour who lets his dog run wild every day.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

a bit ta'd at my neighbour who lets his dog run wild every day.

Just saw 2 dogs tied to a sign on the other side of the road. Too random a place to be tied while off doing something so I suspect they have been abandoned :(
    Will give an hour and then report it

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Just saw 2 dogs tied to a sign on the other side of the road. Too random a place to be tied while off doing something so I suspect they have been abandoned :(

I'm really, really hoping this turns out to be like the time I saw a guy walking into a patch of scrubland beside Liffey Valley with a pit bull and a sledgehammer. I was like "Oh hell no" and turned the car around and jumped out. By the time I climbed the embankment he was hammering a "For Sale - 1 acre lot" sign into the ground while dog was doing zoomies around the field, only delighted with life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

New Home wrote: »
    Today's not Friday. Why isn't it Friday? It damn well should be Friday already!

And even tomorrow isn’t Friday. What is wrong with this week!

I have no issue with people being spoiled/etc once know not everybody is in the same position as them!
    See that's the thing though. I've also had plenty of friends who's parents have been in a position to give them a leg up in life and they are well aware of it. No one has to apologise for their parents being able to help them but some parents literally spoil their kids by turning them into clueless idiots who aren't liked by their peers. I think it comes down to "privileged" is fine, "spoiled" is off putting.

We're on the same page :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Be right back

Hopefully not.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Poochie05 wrote: »
    And even tomorrow isn’t Friday. What is wrong with this week!

There ought to be a law!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Eden Future Cheek

dear women on Instagram who are going/just been on holiday....no one gives a fiddlers feck that your going on "hollibops" (god I despise that word) or giving a 3month update on your upcoming holidays, no one cares , and no one cares about "this time last week" and a pic of a beach or lurking around in bikini or the ones who moan I need another holiday or countdown to holidays......and ramble on incessantly about it...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Dogs gone so hopefully they collected by owner rather than Guards or warden

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Thank God for people like you.

Much more than a TA, the ass****s across the street have gone to Spain for a week and left their tiny dog in the filthy yard. Someone is supposed to call in to feed the poor thing, but there's hardly been any activity. I phoned the SPCA to ask them to take a look at least, was told as long as the dog has shelter and is being fed, there's nothing they can do. Hearing the little love howling and crying all day and night is breaking my heart. :mad:

Thank God for people like you.

Much more than a TA, the ass****s across the street have gone to Spain for a week and left their tiny dog in the filthy yard. Someone is supposed to call in to feed the poor thing, but there's hardly been any activity. I phoned the SPCA to ask them to take a look at least, was told as long as the dog has shelter and is being fed, there's nothing they can do. Hearing the little love howling and crying all day and night is breaking my heart. :mad:
    That breaks my heart. Apparently as long as the dog gets fresh food and water once a day it's not neglect :mad: Try telling that to the dog :(

I'm so bored I'm voluntarily watching a Michael Bay film. Send help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I'm out of razor blades and have forgotten twice this week to buy more.
    TA furry legs.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I tried to get an online insurance quote. Entered all the info, at the end it says "Ooops, something went wrong....". Waste of time and effort.

Why are you posting from two accounts???

All sorted now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

1. Paschal Donohoe on Pat Kenny show this morning, making everything he said sound like a question.

2. Kept saying 'respond back'. You reply, revert or respond - you do not reply back, revert back or respond back.

Trivial AF.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TA for people talking loudly on their phones while I'm trying to concentrate

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Americised words.

"informational"

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement