Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Had Internet Guy No.2 out this afternoon. Apparently, I live in “a beautiful hole”. Getting Internet is going to be problematic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Told a team member in work I had an interview when asked why I was takeing a half day

This morning in front of everyone they asked how was my interview

Have people no cop on? Well it’s not a secret and realy I don’t care if people know and they probably guessed anyway but you don’t declare to the entire team

My fault too, now I’m saying nothing

doubly TA´d :mad:

The interview last week ^^^ led to a second round interview yaaaaay so I took another half day and did that. I also told nobody at all learning from last week. Now I say nothing

Came in this morning and the wagon asks how was your half day? Have an interview? Success?

The entire team listening. Oh she knows what she was doing, this wasn't an innocent gaffe. She isn't even a manager, same level as me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

TA is people calling Z (the letter zed ) zee. bloody americans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,153 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

mikemac2 wrote: »
    doubly TA´d :mad:

The interview last week ^^^ led to a second round interview yaaaaay so I took another half day and did that. I also told nobody at all learning from last week. Now I say nothing

Came in this morning and the wagon asks how was your half day? Have an interview? Success?

The entire team listening. Oh she knows what she was doing, this wasn't an innocent gaffe. She isn't even a manager, same level as me.

You’re learning all the lessons the “hard way” there, M.

There are some work colleagues who can be friends but it’s best to keep things like “sickies” or “interviews” from them so they don’t tell the wrong person or prove untrustworthy.

I know one person who was going for a promotion against a few others from the department. She got the job but she got it by “shítting” all over her colleagues, telling the interview panel why they shouldn’t hire each of the others.

“Business is business” and all that. This person is landing you in it. It’s fine to look around but management tend to hold it against you. Especially when it comes to the “reward” part of the year.

Hopefully, you’ll get the job and leave the snakes in your dust.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

honeybear wrote: »
    Had Internet Guy No.2 out this afternoon. Apparently, I live in “a beautiful hole”. Getting Internet is going to be problematic.
    Don't worry. The government is working on rolling out rural broadband. You should be connect by 2050 :P

When you buy soup and a crusty roll and they don't have butter sachets. Butter on a crusty roll dipped in hot soup is the best thing ever :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,932 ✭✭✭gifted

Can't sleep....back downstairs on my todd....Who's up for a booty call???....lol lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

gifted wrote: »
    Can't sleep....back downstairs on my todd....Who's up for a booty call???....lol lol

I’m TA’d that I’m still waiting on sausage rolls :P

Autosport wrote: »
    I’m TA’d that I’m still waiting on sausage rolls :P

OK...booty call out the window...apron on and cooking for Auto lol lol

Post reported...paging Tedo 😛

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I’ll be TA’d if I don’t get sausage rolls now

Autosport wrote: »
    I’ll be TA’d if I don’t get sausage rolls now

Rain cheque Auto...lol lol

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

TA.. chatter and apparent attempts at flirting on the TA thread..

Flirting ......my best moves being called attempts.......totally totally annoyed now....

Lol lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Poochie05

We already established that there’s nothing flirty about Gifted's sausage rolls ;)

TA I have mosquito bites

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Post reported...paging Tedo ��

If he is making them for everyone, no action will occur.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I googled The Blacklist as I'd lost track of it and wanted to see how many seasons I needed to catch up on and spoiled a massive plot twist. Sickened :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Feeling particularly anti social today, but I have lots and lots of things to do and ppl to meet and deal with.
    Q a lot of stressed babbling and ppl showing how much of an idiot they think I am.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

All set to head for a poop and then I realise the battery on my phone is dead.

I'll need to let this percolate while I get a few percent of battery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭Seanachai

No first new job wage in the bank today 😔

I had a job last year for a while where the wages would not be in on a Friday or Saturday a few times. The bosses response was, 'Listen the customers are paying in cheques, so you might have to wait until the next week for your wages'

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    All set to head for a poop and then I realise the battery on my phone is dead.

I'll need to let this percolate while I get a few percent of battery.

My TA: TMI!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

New Home wrote: »
    My TA: TMI!!!
    So you don't want a blow by blow post poop commentary?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I can always read your last one, unless you made a major change in your diet... :mad:

So you don't want a blow by blow post poop commentary?

Your toilet based commentary and experience can be deposited here.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057970654

TA that ATMs don't give out notes facing the same way. I like to have them all face side out in my wallet. Just made a withdrawal of a mixture of notes & they are all facing different ways.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Your toilet based commentary and experience can be deposited here.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057970654

TA that ATMs don't give out notes facing the same way. I like to have them all face side out in my wallet. Just made a withdrawal of a mixture of notes & they are all facing different ways.

I'll post some pictures on that thread later!

It's not the ATMs fault, it's the person that fills the cash cassette!

• Advertisement

I'll post some pictures on that thread later!

It's not the ATMs fault, it's the person that fills the cash cassette!

Logic has no place for annoyances.

Don't take it from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

TA is realising from my posts and general conversations that I use either one or all of fcuk, fcuking or fcuker too much for my liking
    I have to fcuking quit that sh1t, doh !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

TA I’ve never noticed that before and now I won’t stop noticing it :(

Poochie05 wrote: »
    TA I’ve never noticed that before and now I won’t stop noticing it :(

A TA shared, is a TA doubled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Some irish tech shops have devices listed , on the website, i go to shop, there,s none in stock,
    We have no intention of ordering any more units?
    ok, then just remove the listing from the website ,rather than wasting my time .

• Advertisement

Just popped into the ladies lounge because of a topic called mooncups...thinking that they were boobs....boy was I wrong.....read two posts and near passed out...jesus wept I'm scarred

Just popped into the ladies lounge because of a topic called mooncups...thinking that they were boobs....boy was I wrong.....read two posts and near passed out...jesus wept I'm scarred

Pft. :rolleyes:

My TA: I went into one of the SUPERmarkets (who claim to be good VALUe), to be specific to their off-licence. I need to get three bottles of a specific whiskey that they normally stock (it's on their website). It's pretty expensive. They didn't have it in stock in the actual shop. I asked them to order it in for me, and I offered to pay in advance. The non-business/non-customer-service savvy woman told me "Nah, we wouldn't get that in before Christmas anyway.", and not in the sense that if they ordered it now it wouldn't arrive before then, but in the sense that they refused to order it in for me.

Fine! I'll be doing all of my shopping elsewhere, from now on.

I feel like Vivian in Pretty Woman (but with a different career, obvs. Oh, and no Richard Gere, either. :/). :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I'm not a fan of that SUPERmarket either.

Two days in a row, as I was cycling in to work, a bin lorry pulled out in front of me and continued in the same direction I was going. :mad: I was able to overtake one of the easily enough but not the second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,568 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Pft. :rolleyes:

My TA: I went into one of the SUPERmarkets (who claim to be good VALUe), to be specific to their off-licence. I need to get three bottles of a specific whiskey that they normally stock (it's on their website). It's pretty expensive. They didn't have it in stock in the actual shop. I asked them to order it in for me, and I offered to pay in advance. The non-business/non-customer-service savvy woman told me "Nah, we wouldn't get that in before Christmas anyway.", and not in the sense that if they ordered it now it wouldn't arrive before then, but in the sense that they refused to order it in for me.

I feel like Vivian in Pretty Woman (but with a different career, obvs. Oh, and no Richard Gere, either. :/). :mad:

The real question is do you have the same boots as her?

My three pairs are flats. And suede. Each pair a different colour. Does that count?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭GBX

The use of commas in place of apostrophes

Speaking of supermarkets, I was queuing behind a lady the other day and on the conveyor she had 6 bottles of prosecco and 4 bags of crisps.
    I really want to know if she was having a night in or having a party.

I just can't decide and it's been bothering me.

Is it because she didn't invite you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Speaking of supermarkets, I was queuing behind a lady the other day and on the conveyor she had 6 bottles of prosecco and 4 bags of crisps.

I was bathing in the prosecco whilst eating the crisps ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Another roundabout one. After leaving college I was heading to the gym, and was in the right lane, waiting for a gap in traffic. This woman who was already on the roundabout stopped IN FRONT of me to let the van in the left hand lane off. Ffs like, you have right of way because you’re on the roundabout already, you don’t need to let people go! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Be right back

Being on a very crowded train, standing room only when you see passengers sitting next to the aisle with an empty seat next to them.

It's both. She's having a night in with the girlies and they're going to have a party :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Am sitting in a pub waiting for someone who just texted to say they will be an hour late. That’s a long time to avoid looking like billynomates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

riclad wrote: »
    Some irish tech shops have devices listed , on the website, i go to shop, there,s none in stock,
    We have no intention of ordering any more units?
    ok, then just remove the listing from the website ,rather than wasting my time .

No wonder people order online. Have been caught out like that before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Bank of Ireland ATMs

Machine: Would you like:
    • Other amount

Me: I’ll have €40

Machine: MULTIPLES OF €50 ONLY

Me: But you said..

Machine: Here’s your card back

Me: But I want....

Machine: OUT OF SERVICE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Bank of Ireland ATMs

Machine: Would you like:
    • Other amount

Me: I’ll have €40

Machine: MULTIPLES OF €50 ONLY

Me: But you said..

Machine: Here’s your card back

Me: But I want....

Machine: OUT OF SERVICE
    Give up and go home, the drink will only kill you anyway.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Extremely difficult to withdraw €30 from an ATM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Extremely difficult to withdraw €30 from an ATM

I think Ulster Bank machines have tenners?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I think Ulster Bank machines have tenners?

Remember when you were a student and you'd know all the atms that would give out fivers :)

• Advertisement

Adults that use child-like phrases like “Holibobs” and “Janey mackers”.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement