Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Comments

When you get to the top of the stairs and realise the thing that you want is actually downstairs...I'm actually done with this week already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

When you get to the top of the stairs and realise the thing that you want is actually downstairs...I'm actually done with this week already.

Just wait until you forgot why you went upstairs in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

fussyonion wrote: »
    TA'd by the poster who said he puts fag butts in his pockets so as not to litter. Cool but your clothes will STINK now. I hate the stench of spent cigs/tapped cigs.
    I'd applaud him.
    It's not his fault if there's not adequate bins.
    Cigarette butts are nasty litter.

Thank you, Purple Mountain :)

Yes, Fussyonion, I'd rather have stinking clothes than throw my cigarettes on the floor. Generally, I'll find a bin within a short time, but occasionally I forget, and my God, the stench is awful after a while. Thankfully, the washing machine gets rid of the smell.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

That Google search results are in Irish. It didn't ask if I wanted Irish results. I like the language but not that much - nor do I understand it well enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Shopping trolleys with a wonky wheel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Extensive regulatory notices at the end of radio ads

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭petros1980

Went to a cheap café for lunch. Lunch was decent. Service very friendly.
    Got up and left and as a walked away, my arse felt wet, well, because it was. I went back to tell them that the seat was wet. His surprise told me that he hadn't been washing seats. He was very apologetic.
    Sure enough, it was piss. Strong piss. Straight home, jeans and jocks into the washing machine and me into the shower.

Can't really be angry at the café or even the poor unfortunate who pissed themselves in a café.

Hang on a minute. So you were sitting on a chair covered in piss the whole time you were there as you sat and had your lunch?? :confused::confused::confused:

How the fukc did you not cop on that the chair was wet earlier? :confused::confused:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Maybe it was body temperature.... :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Stickers on apples p1ss me right off.
    They’re just more pointless rubbish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭Lesalare

Watching people writing, who don't know how to hold a pen/pencil properly - i.e. they wrap their thumbs around the pen and index finger. It drives me mad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

ParnellSquare where the Kingfisher is.That has to be the smallest corner in Dublin.I can never get around it,as theres always millions of people hanging round there.

You get around it and then you are stuck behind the slowest person in the world.Fecking move,im trying to get my bus.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Lesalare wrote: »
    Watching people writing, who don't know how to hold a pen/pencil properly - i.e. they wrap their thumbs around the pen and index finger. It drives me mad.

Ditto with people who hold their spoon like a shovel.

New Home wrote: »
    Ditto with people who hold their spoon like a shovel.

... agreed. Although it is considered the norm and socially acceptable in the US to cut your food first and then change your fork into your right hand and 'shovel' the food as you say. I also think some foods are just easier/more conducive to eat this way.

Those who can't put their knife and fork together when finished eating; lick their knife; sound like a pig when eating; and bring their mouth to their food/plate... Frankly disgust me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Lesalare wrote: »
    ... agreed. Or those who can't put their knife and fork together when finished eating; lick their knife; sound like a pig when eating; and bring their mouth to their food/plate... :mad:

As long as nobody is around, licking your knife is totally acceptable. In fact, to not do so is wasteful. Think of all the starving children. And send your knife to them, they'd be glad of it.

As long as nobody is around, licking your knife is totally acceptable. In fact, to not do so is wasteful. Think of all the starving children. And send your knife to them, they'd be glad of it.

:D Can't you just wipe it on your fork?

That would be like leaving cake batter in the bowl or on the whisk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

That would be like leaving cake batter in the bowl or on the whisk.
    Don't tell me people like this exist New Home? What kind of monster would do such a thing?

It's madness. MADNESS, I tells ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

It's a disgrace Joe!!

Won't somebody think of the children?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

People that invade your personal space

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject

The school run,brings out my inner serial killer,heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Creatives - young people with no proper job who think they've a right to live in Dublin because they produce bad art or music.

Some of the best creatives had proper jobs when starting out - crime novelist Agatha Christie was a pharmacist, poet Wallace Stevens worked in insurance, TS Elliot was a banker, composer Philip Glass drove a taxi, and writer Kurt Vonnegut sold cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Train delays. Always feel worse when they occur on a Monday morning and can really ruin the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

vriesmays wrote: »
    Creatives - young people with no proper job who think they've a right to live in Dublin because they produce bad art or music.

Some of the best creatives had proper jobs when starting out - crime novelist Agatha Christie was a pharmacist, poet Wallace Stevens worked in insurance, TS Elliot was a banker, composer Philip Glass drove a taxi, and writer Kurt Vonnegut sold cars.

This.
    And it's really annoying when the creatives (or their parents) start dissing proper jobs.

"I couldn't bear it if any child of mine became a solicitor or accountant or took a 9 to 5 position."

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Those ‘Smart One’ toilet roll dispensers. I can’t even explain it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

^^^ oh my god we have these in our primary school and they are the bane of my life.
    When I had infants, and the paper got stuck inside the dispenser there was a constant smell of poo and one or two dirty protests on the bathroom wall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,647 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Why are there threads that don't exist when I click them they are invalid, what the phuck does that mean?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Why are there threads that don't exist when I click them they are invalid, what the phuck does that mean?

That'd be The Glitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

This.
    And it's really annoying when the creatives (or their parents) start dissing proper jobs.

"I couldn't bear it if any child of mine became a solicitor or accountant or took a 9 to 5 position."

The irony is that any solicitor or accountant will tell you that the overwhelming amount of their work is done outside the hours of 9-5.

Nobody sets out to be another suit waiting for the DART every morning but reality is a bitch.

Sure parents, give your children a life of uncertainty in pursuit of some notion called creativity. It's no better that a pushy parent expecting their son to turn in to a professional footballer. Pipe dream.

Me Using a dunnes shopping bag in Tesco and vice versa.
    Don't know why!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

People expecting you to do stuff for them because they were too lazy to learn for themselves. Driving, or learning to use the internet come to mind. No one was born knowing these things. Get off your ar*e and learn.

cjmc wrote: »
    Me Using a dunnes shopping bag in Tesco and vice versa.
    Don't know why!

I'm the exact same, thought I was the only one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

People people people. All the people. ( so many peeeepul ) These pretend peace and love types. You are in your hole all peace and love. You don't be long losing your sh!t with people who have a differing opinion to you. But yeah keep up the charade there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,170 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

petros1980 wrote: »
    Hang on a minute. So you were sitting on a chair covered in piss the whole time you were there as you sat and had your lunch?? :confused::confused::confused:

How the fukc did you not cop on that the chair was wet earlier? :confused::confused:

Obviously, I didn't realise I was sitting in piss.
    The chair was damp rather than wet.
    Once I stood up and started walking, it became obvious that my jeans were pretty damp - I didn't feel it while sitting down.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

As long as nobody is around, licking your knife is totally acceptable. In fact, to not do so is wasteful.

As is licking your plate. Nom nom nom

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    As is licking your plate. Nom nom nom

It's a compliment to the cook. I nearly always lick my plate. Which is why I eat alone mostly ;(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Absolutely love your name.

How come we ain’t seen you in these parts before. ...it used to funnier😊

My TA...your name is better than mine.

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Absolutely love your name.

How come we ain’t seen you in these parts before. ...it used to funnier��

My TA...your name is better than mine.

There's no more Avon in Ireland. I think they upped shticks some time in 2011 or 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Capt. Autumn

I have no idea why, but it drives me absolutely crazy when I see someone healing the contents of their crisp packet into their mouth. It takes a lot of resolve and self control to stop myself from slapping my knuckles off the side of their tilted head. Use your fingers like civilised folk, you morons.

• Advertisement

I have no idea why,but it drives me absolutely crazy when i see someone healing the contents of their crisp packet into their mouth. It takes a lot of resolve and self control to stop myself from slapping my knuckles off the side of their tilted head. Use your fingers like civilised folk, you morons.
    Fingers? You savage! I use a knife and fork to eat crisps because I am posh. Obviously I lick the knife and fork when I am finished.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Mental note - never eat in the same room as anyone on this thread ;)

Just realised I made 2 dental appointments this week :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When somebody makes some kind of comment about something and they are labelled as a begrudger by some people.
    There's begrudgery and then there's having an opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭20Wheel

Shops with no established queuing system.

Just the counter and a till.
    Then when 1 oclock rolls around and the place goes mad you cant tell where to start. Cause cnts are 1 foot in, 1 foot out, staring at phones, chatting etc.

Do i start over here or is that the coffee queue, are those people standing aside waiting to be called. Etc.

Anyones guess.

Putin is a dictator. Putin should face justice at the Hague. All good Russians should work to depose Putin. Russias war in Ukraine is illegal and morally wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Guy Person wrote: »
    Fingers? You savage! I use a knife and fork to eat crisps because I am posh. Obviously I lick the knife and fork when I am finished.

Would chopsticks not be more civilised:D

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Mental note - never eat in the same room as anyone on this thread ;)

Yep, better safe than sorry. Someone might lick your plate by mistake.

Yep, better safe than sorry. Someone might lick your plate by mistake.
    Or on purpose.

dubstarr wrote: »
    Yes they would dubstarr. Less messy too. Thank you for the helpful and funny suggestion :pac:

My TA, that I never thought about using them before :(

dubstarr wrote: »

Amateurs! :rolleyes: A spoon would pick up all the crumbs. :cool:

tenor.gif

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement