Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

THE. GLITCH. IS. BACK. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I was overtaken on a country road yesterday by some self-entitled Neanderthal. Not only did he cross a continual white line to overtake me, but actually slowed his car while overtaking and drove alongside me on the wrong side of the road for a good ten seconds so he could glare in the window at me for "driving too slow". And they'd have us believe that learners cause ALL the accidents. Me ars* - it's road rage and aggression :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Have a tutorial in college today but don’t have the reading done because I was too busy over the weekend. This will be fun

dubstarr wrote: »
    People who talk about their "fur children" and equate them to kids.Im sorry,they are animals and not on the same par at all.

I know several people who don't have kids and they call their pets their "baby". For some people, it is important to be personally responsible for the welfare and wellbeing of another dependent, living thing and if their pets are a source of joy to them then why does it matter? I'm sure they don't actually think the dogs are human babies. I love my dog the most in the world, she is an amazing source of joy for me and I frequently call her my "babba" (as well as other terms such as "noisy oyster", "fart machine" and "big, hairy weirdo"). I don't think she is a human baby.

I've seen this gripe so often and I can't help feeling that it comes across as mean-spirited - dog owners don't take anything from parents by using terms of endearment for their animals :(

Do you know that television programme, 'Place in the Sun'? You know the way there is usually a charming retired couple on it and they are searching for humble bolthole after working their arses off all their lives. And you know the way they are shown three properties and one ticks all the boxes and even though it's over their budget they put a lower bid in than the asking price and with a little bit of wiggling it's accepted and you are delighted for them, drinking their orange juices beside the sea, planning warm summer evenings in the sun in the harvest of their years. And you know the voice-over then cuts in and announces something along the lines of 'Debbie and Mark went back to the UK and decided not to buy the ideal villa by the sea that we went out of our way to secure for the ungrateful b'startds and are continuing their search for the ideal property in Spain....' And the credits roll. That annoys me. Time-wasting cnuts.

I've never seen anyone buy a house on that stupid show. And all those silly bints deciding not to buy an otherwise suitable house because "the bathroom's a wrong colour isn't it" or you know, the place is just too Spanish and not enough like home :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Antares35 wrote: »
    I know several people who don't have kids and they call their pets their "baby". For some people, it is important to be personally responsible for the welfare and wellbeing of another dependent, living thing and if their pets are a source of joy to them then why does it matter? I'm sure they don't actually think the dogs are human babies. I love my dog the most in the world, she is an amazing source of joy for me and I frequently call her my "babba" (as well as other terms such as "noisy oyster", "fart machine" and "big, hairy weirdo"). I don't think she is a human baby.

I've seen this gripe so often and I can't help feeling that it comes across as mean-spirited - dog owners don't take anything from parents by using terms of endearment for their animals :(

Or gob****es who sign birthday, Christmas cards etc also from the dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Foil, Arms and Hog. They periodically annoy me when my attention is drawn to their uninspiring, hackneyed material.

Today is one of those days. A friend tagged me underneath their second-to-latest video. Christ on a rothar, that’s some signposted, gentle comedy. 1.8 million views in a week though. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I love people adding their pet’s names to card. So cute!

Same! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Putting my washing out,and it lashes while im in the loo.Feckers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When somebody complains about the local shops closing and they blame the government/-etc and they buy everything online themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Waiting for an insurance company to call me back. They're quick enough to take the money.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Antares35 wrote: »

Relax. It is just a trivial annoyance.

TA - people telling me to relax on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

The rain and the floods on the road. Makes driving a nightmare. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

RMAOK wrote: »
    The rain and the floods on the road. Makes driving a nightmare. :mad:

Like swimming pools in places, and a week of it ahead too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

People who talk about their "fur children" and equate them to kids.Im sorry,they are animals and not on the same par at all.
    They're not as bad as the people (mainly women) who buy reborn baby dolls and treat them like kids. They dress them up, bring them for walks in a pushchair and act like they're real, live babies. It's creepy. There's also reborn monkeys which is a whole other level of whackadoodle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

My sister bought a christmas card for the dog and put it on the mantle piece with all the other cards :pac: That's right folks, you can actually buy a christmas card for your dog :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

The Irish Times film reviews. Talk about crow-barring in ones views

Is the film worth seeing or not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Setting down to watch Bake Off and realising it’s Monday :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I caught that heavy head cold that's doing the rounds, my head is mega muzzy.
    It feels like the world is demanding all kinds of impossible tasks, when I cant even figure out where I am!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Watching man u v arsenal and realising BOTH teams can't lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Those ads for ladies products where various different women talk about wetting themselves. No one wants to see that. Especially when I'm sitting down to my dinner after a long day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Lost an earpod last night walking home in the rain. Well actually i managed to drop both of them but found one. Got soaked trying to find the other one.

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Relax. It is just a trivial annoyance.

TA - people telling me to relax on the internet.

TA people on the internet drawing an inference that I am not relaxed on the basis that I have a different opinion to them.

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Those ads for ladies products where various different women talk about wetting themselves. No one wants to see that. Especially when I'm sitting down to my dinner after a long day.

I still remember the (was it senokot or something?) ad. Anyway it was for relieving constipation and basically the woman in it spent the whole day throwing her meals into her handbag from the plate. I think some marketing moron decided that her bag would be representative of her digestive system. She groaned and made awful faces as she "carried" all her food around with her all day. Then at the end when she took this magic constipation cure, she blew a handful of leaves at the camera and said "go on, enjoy your day!" - :(

TA constipation ads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

I have been in an unfathomable foul mood since Sunday and I just want this week to be over.
    Still can't shake this cough off from a cold I had last week....I don't wanna go to the doctor....

If I ever found the guy who tried to break into my house at 4.30 Sunday morning, I would sadistically methodically disembowel him, while keeping him alive, so the last thing he sees, is the maggots feasting on his flesh, while unable to cry out as the tongue would be the first to be removed from his body.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,170 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I even have a problem with people putting their older children's names on cards when their children, obviously, couldn't give a flying fcuk about you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

If I ever found the guy who tried to break into my house at 4.30 Sunday morning, I would sadistically methodically disembowel him, while keeping him alive, so the last thing he sees, is the maggots feasting on his flesh, while unable to cry out as the tongue would be the first to be removed from his body.

Bejaysus!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

Bejaysus!

Yeah...I have a very vivid imagination....:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

The back of the toilet doors here in work all have posters for internal comms.
    This months ones have a picture of some bloke staring back at you.
    It's so unnerving trying to take a dump.
    Stop looking you weirdo!

• Advertisement

People walking out of shops and not looking where they are going.Look ahead as you are walking out of the shop/Stop and look in whatever direction you want.

The amount of people who nearly walked in to me today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭gifted

Bills.....I bloody hate them.....why do you keep appearing??...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Put clothes into a clothes Bank for the first time today (usually off loaded to nieces)

But the Bank had a chute type thing obviously to stop people climbing in, but I'm tiny so couldn't push the bags all the way into the chute, so now the Bank looks full. They are in far enough to not fall out though :)

I have misplaced my hearing aid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

I have misplaced my hearing aid.
    WHAT???

Guy Person wrote: »
    WHAT???

Fecking hilarious:D

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

A girl I know will never ask for something she wants, just drops hints until someone offers. Starting to grind my gears

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,170 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

A girl I know will never ask for something she wants, just drops hints until someone offers. Starting to grind my gears

I used to do this until a first cousin called me out on it. I was around 7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Had my head stuck in my phone walking out of a shop today and passed the lad I’m totally crushing on. Didn’t see him and only realised it was him when mam said “was that so and so?” and when I saw his car outside. That’ll teach me :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,308 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    A little bit of pee won't stop me being me :(

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I stayed later in work yesterday hoping it would stop raining so I could go for my run. At 6 it still hadn't cleared up. So now not only was I wet anyway but also late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Not trivial at all but picked euromillions numbers on the app but didn't press the play now button.
    I hope I never find out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Having more on the to do list than energy permits these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,920 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

gifted wrote: »
    Bills.....I bloody hate them.....why do you keep appearing??...

Adult admin. It sucks.

When you put your hand in your pocket and feel a rolled up note. Please be a 50!! Or even a 20!!! Please, please, please! And it's an old shopping list. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Friends kids who turned out to be ungrateful brats. I gave them Christmas and birthday presents when they were younger, now they won't even acknowledge me. A simple hello would do. Why did I waste my time and money.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

More than trivial but being told you're useless and a disaster by someone at work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

More than trivial but being told you're useless and a disaster by someone at work.

Morning Seph! Post pulled at the heartstrings ... what a horrible “colleague”. I’ve worked in a few different jobs and “there’s always one” (not currently, thankfully). Wishing you a more positive workday today (I’m on weekend countdown since ... Monday morning!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

That's not a TA, that is outright rude and uncalled for.

I have my pitchfork sharpened. Just say the time & place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Seph there’s always someone trying to make themselves feel better by bringing other people down. Just remember the problem is theirs. Sometimes it can help to call them out by asking nicely 'what makes you say that?', soon makes them think when they have to justify their throw away comments

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement