Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

When I'm reading a book and there's a spelling mistake.
    It rarely happens, but it's like it's in block capitals and neon lighting on the page, and I can't unsee it ever again!

Pg 15, 1st paragraph, 3rd line ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I hate the cliché but, mother-in-law, please, please, please, please, please, please shut the fcuk up before my wife or I explode and cause a huge row. It's fcuking relentless.
    How did my wife, her sister or her father not murder the woman?
    Should have remembered that a week is too long here and hardly half way through yet!

Mine lives five minutes up the road ..... :mad::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Crock Rock

Cowokers taking a carton of milk out of the fridge to make tea and then they leave the carton out :mad::mad::mad::mad: Despite there being already 5 or 6 cartons on the worktop, they keep taking a new one out and leaving it out.

The result is up to 10 soured cartons of milk and no matter how much they are cooled back down, they are still permanently sour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,611 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Your o e ,Flo. A contestant on tipping point. Annoying b1tsh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Solid sleep won't come, no matter how much I need it. Only broken sleep, riddled with nightmares.

Sleep bites (and so does my head.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Under the vet's orders our dog is to be fed twice daily and walked about 20 minutes after eating. I thought I was great going for a walk with her there, nice and early, wouldn't have to go out after dinner. When I got back in with her I saw that I hadn't fed her yet. TA at my scatterbrainedness :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,611 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Dial Hard wrote: »
    People using golf umbrellas in the city centre.

This +1 . I'm 6'4" and nearly have my eyes taken out on a wet day because of fookin umbrellas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,170 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Why do car manufacturers insist on using their own navigation systems? Google always works better.
    Got a hire car today and the stupid navigation didn't know about large scale road closures. After going around in circles I had to use my phone.
    Just use Google maps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I can't stop eating today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭ksceniaonegina

The song Galway Girl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭ksceniaonegina

And Ed Shereen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Waiting in A&E for 15 hours in chronic pain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,647 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Crock Rock wrote: »
    Cowokers taking a carton of milk out of the fridge to make tea and then they leave the carton out :mad::mad::mad::mad: Despite there being already 5 or 6 cartons on the worktop, they keep taking a new one out and leaving it out.

The result is up to 10 soured cartons of milk and no matter how much they are cooled back down, they are still permanently sour.

All you can do is demand the milk not to go sour.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

Women that lead you on a merry dance !!
    Only it's not merry
    (And it's not TA tonight)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Tammy!

Bitchyness- particularly in men. I can handle it in women probably because of the stereotype but in men, it really disgusts me!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Am in dire need of a back rub but have no one to give me one :(

I'm back to the mother-in-law again.
    My wife's sister is getting married today. Mil called out to my wife, waking her up to tell her that she didn't sleep well and went on and on. Wtf is my wife supposed to do about it?
    The fear now is that she'll be in bad form for the day and it's quite within her ability to actually spoil the day properly.
    Finger's crossed that she behaves - she can be lovely when she wants to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭gifted

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Am in dire need of a back rub but have no one to give me one :(

On the way Kitty...

Hate it when people take off the blue shoe covers in the changing rooms and shove them back into the unit where you get them from...all wet and God knows what else....put them in the bin ye filthy heathens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Bank holiday bin collections.

My wife got the text from Oxigen yesterday (saying the collection would be Saturday 26th rather than Monday 28th) but didn't tell me.

Heard the bin lorry when I was in the jacks. Was hoping it was a rival firm but when I went outside a few minutes later, I saw neighbours' Oxigen bins on the road. Empty.

Our recycling bin is chocka. A 16 day wait until the next collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

And Ed Shereen

Him and Lewis Capaldi are crap.I just dont get the love for boring,beige middle of the road crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I went out for a few drinks last night and I have a splitting hang over headache all day.

The thing is I only had 3 lagers between 10pm and 12:30am. 3 lagers FFS...that was it.

I went out for a few drinks last night and I have a splitting hang over headache all day.

The thing is I only had 3 lagers between 10pm and 12:30am. 3 lagers FFS...that was it.

Time for a name change :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

dubstarr wrote: »
    Time for a name change :D:D

Yeah- "Ex-partyguinness"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,920 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The cramps I've been having all day. Feels like there's an Alien chest-burster getting ready to exit my uterus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

people being rude

I'm back to the mother-in-law again.
    My wife's sister is getting married today. Mil called out to my wife, waking her up to tell her that she didn't sleep well and went on and on. Wtf is my wife supposed to do about it?
    The fear now is that she'll be in bad form for the day and it's quite within her ability to actually spoil the day properly.
    Finger's crossed that she behaves - she can be lovely when she wants to be.

MIL was lovely and charming all day.
    Sorry, no TA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

TA, I never trust that my phone has updated for the new time after hour changes.

Is this the "new" 6:20, or the "old" one.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    TA, I never trust that my phone has updated for the new time after hour changes.

Is this the "new" 6:20, or the "old" one.

Same. Check the clock on the oven/microwave or something.
    Although smartphones are pretty smart now, pretty sure they always update to new time.
    It's 6.44 newtime

TAd I've had feckall sleep and am awake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Be right back

Working 13 hours instead of 12 on a night shift!

• Advertisement

Working 13 hours instead of 12 on a night shift!

You'll get paid for 13,though?
    Still, sucks.

Still, sucks.

No, worse again!

No, worse again!

That's not right or fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Still, sucks.

I worked nights for years , we neither got paid for 13 hours or was money docked for working 11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭gifted

NOt a happy bunny.....used the wrong tin for my baking and it went all over the oven...rookie mistake, fuming with myself

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I worked nights for years , we neither got paid for 13 hours or was money docked for working 11

Where I work, it would be suggested to work nights when the clocks go forward to balance it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Islamic State leader described as "austere religious scholar" in the Washington Post headline. Some people...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

People criticizing Jurgen Klopp for fist pumping his own fans in their stadium after a win at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I found a really good barbers lately. Great guy.
    However I went another time and the other guy isn't that good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

How could people think that you can have too much coffee..

:eek:

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    How could people think that you can have too much coffee..

:eek:

Oh, overdoing it on caffeine is not nice at all.
    Did it once quite badly - about 6 coffees in an hour or so. More extreme than any speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Bloody headlights on my car have something wrong with them. I can drive on high beams (not much good unless I want to enrage oncoming drivers) but the normal lights aren't working, so the front fog lamps need to stay on all the time...just noticed it this evening and I have to drive home from a gig in Cork later on ..praying I won't meet a Garda. Plans for tomorrow scuppered until I can get a fuse and /or new bulbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Someone's having a fit on his drum kit in a neighbour's garage.

People who think it's OK to poke your belly saying things like "oooh, you're getting fat!"

Maybe it's because I'm mostly pretty slim people think it's OK but no one likes attention brought to their less than flat belly.
    Kindly fcuk off!

People who think it's OK to poke your belly saying things like "oooh, you're getting fat!"

Maybe it's because I'm mostly pretty slim people think it's OK but no one likes attention brought to their less than flat belly.
    Kindly fcuk off!

Poke their nose and say you have a big honker:D

They get offended and you dont have to speak with them anymore.Win,win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I really get upset when I see people on public transport sitting on the outer seat, and hogging the inside seat with their bags. Happens all the time. I always hate it when young people put their feet on the seats on buses and trains. I feel like chopping them off

Ally Dick wrote: »
    I really get upset when I see people on public transport sitting on the outer seat, and hogging the inside seat with their bags. Happens all the time. I always hate it when young people put their feet on the seats on buses and trains. I feel like chopping them off

Somebody done that the other day and i stood there while they huffed and puffed and moved their bag.It was great:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Ally Dick wrote: »

My biggest pet hate on public transport is when people insist on sitting beside you when the bus is almost empty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject

Farriers who cut too far back and cripple a horse for the next few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Farriers who cut too far back and cripple a horse for the next few weeks.

Thinly veiled "I have a horse" post ...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U4NjRLqSc2Q

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement