Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject

KaneToad wrote: »
    Thinly veiled "I have a horse" post ...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U4NjRLqSc2Q

Thinly veiled.really?I can't name the farrier here so get over yourself. I was just posting what annoyed me in my surroundings, meathead.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 784 ✭✭✭LaFuton

short taps that don't allow hands into the water stream and knock off before even releasing enough water to maybe consider performing intended wash. grr arg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Thinly veiled.really?I can't name the farrier here so get over yourself. I was just posting what annoyed me in my surroundings, meathead.

F*ck your Honda Civic, I've a horse outside.. :D

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject

F*ck your Honda Civic, I've a horse outside.. :D

Rubber Bandits are very funny. I like their other song Roisin I want to fight your father,heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I've got a Puerto Rican and a nervous Jew,
    Intimidating Russian with a fake tattoo...

It's spininning around in my head, but it's not TA..yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

People who think it's OK to poke your belly saying things like "oooh, you're getting fat!"

Maybe it's because I'm mostly pretty slim people think it's OK but no one likes attention brought to their less than flat belly.
    Kindly fcuk off!

My dad stuck his fork in my side last week at Sunday lunch ...'nice roll.of fat there,'.... After swearing at him, I took his glass of wine and drank it :D

Aglomerado wrote: »
    My dad stuck his fork in my side last week at Sunday lunch ...'nice roll.of fat there,'.... After swearing at him, I took his glass of wine and drank it :D

The polyphenols will do wonders for your flab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

A single comment from me starts a 45 minute rant from co-worker. At 8am on a Monday. When I'm already not feeling great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Be right back

People who think it's OK to poke your belly saying things like "oooh, you're getting fat!"

Maybe it's because I'm mostly pretty slim people think it's OK but no one likes attention brought to their less than flat belly.
    Kindly fcuk off!

I once had a co-worker pat my belly and said, hi baby! Not pregnant then or ever!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Fat shaming is cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Anyone who says the phrase "You look tired" to me, before 11am. You may as well say "Hey you look like absolute sh!te today"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

Transitioning from working late shifts to early ones with only one day off in between. My body clock is bollixed. I got no sleep whatsoever last night. Went around like a zombie at work today. Promptly fell asleep when I got home, before I had a chance to have dinner. Wide awake now, and starving. Up in four-and-a-half hours.

By the time I adjust to the early starts, I'll be back on lates again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Downloaded the Talksport app to listen to it, I used to listen to it when I lived in England years ago. Some good shows on it. But why, oh why, do they have to keep telling me what radio station I'm listening to? Every couple of minutes.
    I fcuking know what station I'm listening to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I had to drag my head off the pillow. Snotty sneezy cold appeared from nowhere overnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,530 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

People throwing rubbish, but more specifically random rubbish, out of car windows.
    Found a Bailey's bottle and a can of shaving foam.
    Who the fück shaves in their car? Or drinks Bailey's?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

The story on the news about the lad getting his foot bitten off by a shark. Are we meant to feel sorry for this idiot?
    Go swim in the pool, and leave the sea creatures alone.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You know when you email someone to ask them a time-sensitive question, you give them ample time (like, a week) to reply, they don't, you send them a reminder, they still don't reply, and a day later they write to you asking you a question of their own (for which they already have the answer because you're told them at least three times before - verbally, by text, and by email), but still providing no answer to your own? Well, that's a TA, and a massive one at that. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Now that I officially know Im sick, Im starting to feel it.

I got a message about a workshop in uni that would be a great help to me, but it got lost somewhere in the mix, I messaged the su, who gave me a lot of useless info about workshops that are useless to me, I messaged the library, after two days they give out to me, saying that that portal is for operational questions ONLY(not that there are any notifications of that, once ppl sign into the portal), but they suggest that I go into the library and ASK*!
    *If only it was that easy, ergo, the messaging!:mad::mad::mad:

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭KaneToad

😂😂 Your OTT response.
    Just like in the Seinfeld clip.😂😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Capt. Autumn

I hate when people bang the crap out of the keys on their keyboard with big serious heads on them like they are sending the most important e-mail ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,170 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Muktipacks of crisps/snacks and their tiny flecking bags!
    Maybe good for little kids but why not sell multipacks of proper sized bags, too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,920 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Obnoxiously loud motorbikes and riders who feel the need to rev them into the redline on busy city streets.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Obnoxiously loud motorbikes and riders who feel the need to rev them into the redline on busy city streets.

You seriously don't think they are really cool for being able to rev their bike really loud?
    It takes balls and skill!

I hate when people bang the crap out of the keys on their keyboard with big serious heads on them like they are sending the most important e-mail ever.

They’re on my train every morning :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

The fact that my boyfriend uses a dinner plate when he makes a slice of toast. He doesn’t understand the concept of small plates

• Advertisement

The fact that my boyfriend uses a dinner plate when he makes a slice of toast. He doesn’t understand the concept of small plates

Kinda similar TA here,my gang have to put everything into bowls, sweets,peanuts, crisps etc.,if they don't finish them they put the bowls into the cupboard, could be 2 or 3 nuts left but rather than put it in the dishwasher they leave a tiny few,they dont eat green or yellow sweets eg pastilles, jellies so they leave them in a bowl,it drives me mad..their dad does the exact same,it drives me mad lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Inconsiderate and self obsessed co-workers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Got new flooring in my en-suite bedroom and my pet pooch is on a protest ... she is refusing to sleep in her usual abode! Can only picture my carpenter’s face when I tell him it’s carpet for the other 2 smaller bedrooms (and muggins here will be sleeping in one of them!) The things we (I) do for love!

I actually use one single kitchen paper for a slice of toast so there's no wash up.
    You'll break him in yet :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When you turn somebody down politely and they start calling you names.

• Advertisement

When you turn somebody down politely and they get they go psycho on you and start calling you names.

Have you a stalker, freshpopcorn? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Have you a stalker, freshpopcorn? :)

I wouldn't out it past her going by her reaction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Getting into a nice warm bed , then having to go for a piss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

When I have early morning plans but the night before, get much too little sleep - happens every time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

cjmc wrote: »

Just happened here, now at the fine line of whether it is worth trying go to go back to sleep for 40 mins or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

cjmc wrote: »

And there’s someone already in the jacks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

And there’s someone already in the jacks.

Kitchen sink .....

:D

The Italian language students that get my bus are an... interesting bunch. Three of them just absolutely pelted down from the top of the road like they were trying to make the last helicopter out of Saigon and the bus wasn't even at the stop. They then stood at the stop for a minute or two before walking back up to the bus where he was chilling further up (my stop is the terminus so the buses all queue further up the road while they're waiting for their route to start) and tried to get on there. Not sure what they thought the 6 or 7 other people standing at the actual bus stop were waiting for.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Kitchen sink .....

:D

Bedroom window

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

remember to open window first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Sitting in my house and I hear post coming through my letterbox. I leave it for a few minutes then discover it is a notification from An Post to say that a parcel delivery failed and I can collect my parcel at the sorting office between 3 and 4 pm.

But the postman never rang my doorbell with the parcel in the first place....

So I go down to the parcel sorting office at 4 pm to collect my parcel. It has a bit of weight to it.....maybe a bag of sugar type weight....

Then I realise that the lazy good for nothing never had the parcel with him in the first place. It was lighter to bring the notification of failed delivery than bring the parcel.

I'm doing his job for him........and it was sitting in the sorting office all day, so I could have collected it at any time....

Sitting in my house and I hear post coming through my letterbox. I leave it for a few minutes then discover it is a notification from An Post to say that a parcel delivery failed and I can collect my parcel at the sorting office between 3 and 4 pm.

But the postman never rang my doorbell with the parcel in the first place....

So I go down to the parcel sorting office at 4 pm to collect my parcel. It has a bit of weight to it.....maybe a bag of sugar type weight....

Then I realise that the lazy good for nothing never had the parcel with him in the first place. It was lighter to bring the notification of failed delivery than bring the parcel.

I'm doing his job for him........and it was sitting in the sorting office all day, so I could have collected it at any time....

Make a complaint.
    They aren't supposed to do this but they often do.

"So what you're saying is...(insert incorrect presumption here)...is what you're saying."

Maybe if you closed your gaping maw and allowed people to speak instead of putting words in their mouth and getting it wrong...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Inflation. For my sons first tooth he lost someone gave a €10 from the tooth fairy.
    Yesterday I accidentally knocked one of his teeth out,( not as bad as it sounds) and guess what ? It cost me a tenner. Guilt is eating me though , hes proud as punch

Just back from an MRI this morning. In their wisdom the MRI company managed to play a commercial radio station and all its delightful advertisements and abysmal "music" choice into my ears for the duration of the MRI. Talk about having a captive audience. I can, and do, avoid pubs and the like where blaring radios and tvs drown out my conversations, but is it really too much to ask that the world stop imposing its music preferences on me in every health centre in this country?

Time for a cultural change from commercial radio/chat/music to silence in every medical/dental centre in Ireland. If people want to listen to something, they are free to take out their headphones and put on what suits their tastes.

Is silence that threatening? (and perhaps these buildings could have better soundproofing so that the doctor/dentist doesn't feel she/he has to secure the privacy of their patient conversations by putting noise on in the waiting room next door?)

Roe McDermott in the Irish Times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I can feel one of those under-the-skin spots coming up just above my eyebrow. It hurts too! :(

Just back from an MRI this morning. In their wisdom the MRI company managed to play a commercial radio station and all its delightful advertisements and abysmal "music" choice into my ears for the duration of the MRI. Talk about having a captive audience. I can, and do, avoid pubs and the like where blaring radios and tvs drown out my conversations, but is it really too much to ask that the world stop imposing its music preferences on me in every health centre in this country?

Time for a cultural change from commercial radio/chat/music to silence in every medical/dental centre in Ireland. If people want to listen to something, they are free to take out their headphones and put on what suits their tastes.

Is silence that threatening? (and perhaps these buildings could have better soundproofing so that the doctor/dentist doesn't feel she/he has to secure the privacy of their patient conversations by putting noise on in the waiting room next door?)

When I had an MRI, I was given a list of albums from which to pick. I think Radiohead was a choice.

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    I can feel one of those under-the-skin spots coming up just above my eyebrow. It hurts too! :(

And those feckers never give you a satisfying squeeze!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

I'm usually regular as clockwork as far as my morning dumps go, but didn't feel the need this morning for some reason. Now at work and I feel the urge. Our bathrooms here are clean but it's just not the same as going at home.

Dilemma now is whether to wait 1½ hours until I go home for lunch or do I drop the log now?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement