Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

I'm usually regular as clockwork as far as my morning dumps go, but didn't feel the need this morning for some reason. Now at work and I feel the urge. Our bathrooms here are clean but it's just not the same as going at home.

Dilemma now is whether to wait 1½ hours until I go home for lunch or do I drop the log now?

About 5 mins before you go to lunch and the smell will be gone by the time you get back from lunch ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

I'm usually regular as clockwork as far as my morning dumps go, but didn't feel the need this morning for some reason. Now at work and I feel the urge. Our bathrooms here are clean but it's just not the same as going at home.

Dilemma now is whether to wait 1½ hours until I go home for lunch or do I drop the log now?

Drop the log now - you'll be getting paid for having a sh1te

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Obviously too late but I'd have squeezed in a little 'time and a turd' before lunch...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

So called 'Etiquette' thread - >

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Drove into college only to be told when I got here that class is cancelled. FFS :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Stay classy lads :)

TA the way my lip liner dries my lips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,647 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Paypal making me wait two business days for money to be transferred to my bank account or is it my bank, but fecking skint, could do with it now.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

1 thing, 2 TAs:

TA at all these 'quirky' Irish interior design instagrammers that ruin nicely put together rooms and repaint/decorate things just so they create new content for their pages. Yes your expensive wallpaper is awesome, no you don't have to repaint half your furniture every 2 weeks in really out there colours so you have new videos to post.
    And TA that I'm an eejit and don't just unfollow but I have to look like it's a car crash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Stupid fcekin oven!!

Had it heating up for last 15 mins, prepped the meat, open door to be met with ice!!

Every so often the clock goes mental and sets itself to auto, therefore oven doesn't heat....grrrrr

Dinner will be later than planned, now also have a I'm so hungry, I've no energy chorus from the little people

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭bauney

Just had that moment where I was ready to sneeze and then I somehow lost it. Was staring at bright light to relive that moment but to no avail

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Now that it's dark coming home from work again, get in the door and just want to flake. Lose any inclination to get stuff done.
    I know it's early still but the dark vibes :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject

Famiily members who try to pull you back into situations you have turned your back to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

cjmc wrote: »
    Inflation. For my sons first tooth he lost someone gave a €10 from the tooth fairy.
    Yesterday I accidentally knocked one of his teeth out,( not as bad as it sounds) and guess what ? It cost me a tenner. Guilt is eating me though , hes proud as punch

Tooth fairy got off lightly this time if you ask me, 'guiltflation' rates should have been applied for the knocking out of the tooth, the kid should have got at least twenty quid :D

TA: Dark nights and rain make Galway city's road markings disappear, it's impossible to make them out on the SQR in particular.

Seeing adored elderly relatives begin to falter in ways you hoped they would be spared. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,530 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Postman ignoring "no junk mail" sign and chucking in a flyer from local politician reminding people he hasn't gone away and some other piece of advertising crap.
    Yeah I only put up the sign for a laugh and wanted more rubbish to take to recycling actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

When people unintentionally make you feel **** about yourself.. just got a big hot chocolate top with cream in butlers and got a bit carried away when she told me to pick one sweet, then the guy behind me got a black coffee a refused the free chocolate, what a dick!

Famiily members who try to pull you back into situations you have turned your back to.

Run for the hills..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

When people unintentionally make you feel **** about yourself.. just got a big hot chocolate top with cream in butlers and got a bit carried away when she told me to pick one sweet, then the guy behind me got a black coffee a refused the free chocolate, what a dick!

I'd have asked the waitress "In that case, may I have his chocolate, too?" :p

THAT'D HAVE SHOWN HIM!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

Why is there more material in the washing instruction labels days than material in the actual clothes.

Itchy scratchy labels!!

Deirdre O'Kane's voice on Gogglebox.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Waking up thinking today was Friday ....

EverlastingBrilliantCapybara-size_restricted.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Those on social media who over use "pal" "mate" "buddy".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

GBX wrote: »

Living in England for the past 10 years and I get this all the time in text messages etc. I just can't reciprocate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

GBX wrote: »
    Living in England for the past 10 years and I get this all the time in text messages etc. I just can't reciprocate.

Or when someone (usually on Boards!) disagrees with you and calls you "mate" or "buddy" - drives me mad. "I don't think so buddy" :mad:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I rubbed a horse today.

I smell like a herd of horses now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I rubbed a horse today

...To see if I still feel
    I focus on the mane
    The only thing that's real

And you could have it all
    My love, for what its worth
    I will rub you down
    I will rub you, horse

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Paypal making me wait two business days for money to be transferred to my bank account or is it my bank, but fecking skint, could do with it now.

Similar here. Waiting on a payment from a company. They claim to have sent the money over three weeks ago and tell me condescendingly to check my bank account. Believe me, I have checked it - nothing much appears on the 'credits' side so if it was there, I'd have seen it!

It's a small amount but they owe it to me, so I wish they'd just pay it!

...To see if I still feel
    I focus on the mane
    The only thing that's real

And you could have it all
    My love, for what its worth
    I will rub you down
    I will rub you, horse

It takes a particularly twisted individual to turn that song about injecting heroin into an ode to a horse.

Thanks for that. Thanks for ruining that song.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

It takes a particularly twisted individual to turn that song about injecting heroin into an ode to a horse.

Thanks for that. Thanks for ruining that song.

I'd best not post my lyrics for The Beagle and the Damage Done...

TA at my own habit of being very erratic about replying to texts, and staying in touch . I used to be a cow for standing people up, too, but I've evolved. (I had/have reasons but could've handled them better.) Looking at this on paper, youd wonder why people talk to me at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

TA at my own habit of being very erratic about replying to texts, and staying in touch . I used to be a cow for standing people up, too, but I've evolved. (I had/have reasons but could've handled them better.) Looking at this on paper, youd wonder why people talk to me at all!

Same! I used to make plans with people even though I knew somewhere inside that I would end up making an excuse for not going. A friend finally confronted me about my "reneging" a few years back and I have been making an effort since. It's just so hard to get the energy to get dressed up and go out, think about buses and taxis or taking the car and not drinking etc. I'd much rather sit at home in front of the fire with Netflix and a bottle of wine.

TA getting old. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I had a couple of guests over yesterday. This is only the second time one of them has been here and both times they blocked the toilet by doing something that smelled ungodly and trying to cover it up with a ton of toilet paper. They tried to blame the toilet. "It's not really flushing properly".

Very tempted to not invite them again or at least greet their next request to use my bathroom with a firm "no". Scumbag. I still feel ill.

And its not a measure of how much I like them, it's hard to explain really. I guess I'm lacking the "turning up for things" gene. I need to feel a pull to go somewhere.

TA the breadcrumbs stuck, smouldering in the toaster, inaccessible via crumb tray or by tipping it upside down.

Also TA people with a cavalier attitude to basic safety. I know someone who's more worried about marking his worktop with a hot pot than risking life and limb by dangerous driving. My OH has to deal with the result of the ignorance (at work) so it grinds my gears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

When I arrive at the till of Tesco with a load of shopping and to be told, for the 4th time in a few months, that they’re out of bags.

• Advertisement

I rubbed a horse today.

I smell like a herd of horses now.

Horses and hay are 2 of the best smells, heh.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I made the mistake of rubbing another horse this afternoon. I should dress up as a horse tonight.

Also, you know when you are getting old when you hurt your shoulder by adjusting your pillow while sleeping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,920 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Also, you know when you are getting old when you hurt your shoulder by adjusting your pillow while sleeping.

I once banjaxed my neck for the better part of a month by looking around too quickly.

My TA is flaky people who have no word!

It really is though. If a person keeps cancelling on me then they go down a notch in my view of them. Its just about having a bit of respect for those in your life.

Scam charity collectors. Ran into 2 of them supposedly collecting for the homeless. They were a bit aggressive and wouldn't answer any questions. Like what charity they were collecting for. Had no banner or bucket,etc.Be careful out there folks. Seems to be the season,heh

• Advertisement

My TA is flaky people who have no word!

It really is though. If a person keeps cancelling on me then they go down a notch in my view of them. Its just about having a bit of respect for those in your life.

I can take care of that for you if you want?

tenor.gif?itemid=4588890

ill_take_care_of_it_everybody_hates_chris.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Pineapple1

Disclaimer: At the risk of sounding completely ignorant of the many homeless in this country (sorry, but this is just purely from a TA perspective).

Im TA at the new bed my bean an ti (college student in family home digs) got for my room over the summer. It's desperate. And also from Ikea. Theres a saying about the importance of spending money on a bed and shoes and this bed proves it.

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    I had a couple of guests over yesterday. This is only the second time one of them has been here and both times they blocked the toilet by doing something that smelled ungodly and trying to cover it up with a ton of toilet paper. They tried to blame the toilet. "It's not really flushing properly".

Very tempted to not invite them again or at least greet their next request to use my bathroom with a firm "no". Scumbag. I still feel ill.

Come on over to this special place.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057970654&page=233

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,499 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

My TA is the Dunkettle Interchange. Another near miss on the way home because some so and so, trying to beat queuing, decided to use the wrong lane and cut in front of me when we got the green light :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

adulting ...when your body doesn't cooperate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Tammy!

I got loads of packets of crisps to give out to the kids at the door and I can't stop eating them.

Tammy! wrote: »
    I got loads of packets of crisps to give out to the kids at the door and I can't stop eating them.
    Turn off the lights, close the door and indulge,heh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Turn off the lights, close the door and indulge,heh.

and then eat the crisps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,920 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Had to get headshots done for the new job I started the other week. Got the contacts back today and I look like my uncle Niall in a blonde wig :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Tammy! wrote: »

I bought tons of goodies this year for Halloween ,but it's peeing down here and no kids out trick or treating. I'm already sick from stuffing my face with all the sweets, and there's tons more to go.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement