Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,920 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Broke the yoke in my egg when I was cracking it just now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Dial Hard wrote: »

I cracked two perfect eggs but then whipped them into a frenzy. Of course when you want a fried guggy egg is when you’ll break it.

TA at ignorant door slamming housemates who put the washing machine on at 8.40 on a Saturday morning. And then slam doors.

On the bus connect Ireland double-decker behind me, the chungwan prattling non stop with the worst dose of chronic verbal diahreea I've had to listen to in a long long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

On the bus connect Ireland double-decker behind me, the chungwan prattling non stop with the worst dose of chronic verbal diahreea I've had to listen to in a long long time.

The older I get the more sh*te people seem to talk.

My TA is that I'm smuttered with a cold. It hit just as I left work yesterday.
    Goodbye weekend:(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Buying wine and having no corkscrew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Always when I'm making a poached egg it breaks. !
    Tastes the same but just doesn't look the part

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Kids in shopping centres. As I hissed at one "It's not a playground!" My 70 year old aunt was knocked over recently by a child in a shopping centre. The child in question was about 10 (I was with her) so old enough to know better. Mother didn't give a s**t. I'm sick to the back teeth of parents who don't control their kids in places like this and if you say anything about their little angel then, you're the worst in the world.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

dubstarr wrote: »
    Buying wine and having no corkscrew.

giphy.gif

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    giphy.gif

My dearly beloved got it open.So he has some use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Another road related TA: when you are merging onto a motorway from a junction and a driver in the left lane doesn't move into the fast-lane to make room for you to seemlessly enter, particularly when the fast lane is clear.

Some asshole done this to me earlier. Grrrrr

People who think the right lane on a motorway is a fast lane. It’s not. Yes, I’m talking to you dickhead bmw drivers. Flashing your lights won’t make me move over either.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    People who think the right lane on a motorway is a fast lane. It’s not. Yes, I’m talking to you dickhead bmw drivers. Flashing your lights won’t make me move over either.

Just curious.....what's your interpretation of the 'right' lane?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Be right back

Kids in shopping centres. As I hissed at one "It's not a playground!" My 70 year old aunt was knocked over recently by a child in a shopping centre. The child in question was about 10 (I was with her) so old enough to know better. Mother didn't give a s**t. I'm sick to the back teeth of parents who don't control their kids in places like this and if you say anything about their little angel then, you're the worst in the world.

Just remembered seeing kids in Douglas village centre going up the wrong escalator for a laugh, only for a woman to follow them and nearly fall as a result. The parents didn't seem to notice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Why does boards sometimes unfollow you from threads? I know I'm subscribed to this thread because I've posted in it. I didn't even notice I wasn't following it anymore until I looked in AH and I saw it and realised it hadn't appeared in my followed threads in about four days. Does anyone else ever get that glitch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Why does boards sometimes unfollow you from threads? I know I'm subscribed to this thread because I've posted in it. I didn't even notice I wasn't following it anymore until I looked in AH and I saw it and realised it hadn't appeared in my followed threads in about four days. Does anyone else ever get that glitch?

Yes, has happened me in other threads too.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When somebody says your handsome in your own way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

That sounds a little condescending imo.

Just remembered seeing kids in Douglas village centre going up the wrong escalator for a laugh, only for a woman to follow them and nearly fall as a result. The parents didn't seem to notice.

Oh they notice alright. They just don't care :mad:

Or as i like to call them,backhanded compliments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

"Considering your age" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Do you normally drive in the overtaking lane?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Soul destroying. I throw them out if that happens and start again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I remember someone telling me once that they could never remember my name as I am very "unremarkable". How rude!!

TA , it started off looking like it was going to be nice and I got sadly excited at the thoughts of putting washing out. Now it looks like rain:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

People who leave buttery knives balanced on the edge of the sink who, when confronted, say they've done it because they 'might want another sandwich'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

something tells me you're in the wrong lane, for example while you're focusing on the bmw, the cars behind the bmw are also wondering wtf you're at, eventually they will begin undertaking you and the bmw who nicely tried to ask you to move aside is stuck behind you. One day you will cause a pileup and children will die, which will give you a hard on.

fussyonion wrote: »
    People who leave buttery knives balanced on the edge of the sink who, when confronted, say they've done it because they 'might want another sandwich'

Or the drippy teaspoon they've used to squeeze their teabag. Mr Crumble, I'm looking at you :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

New Home wrote: »
    You know when you email someone to ask them a time-sensitive question, you give them ample time (like, a week) to reply, they don't, you send them a reminder, they still don't reply, and a day later they write to you asking you a question of their own (for which they already have the answer because you're told them at least three times before - verbally, by text, and by email), but still providing no answer to your own? Well, that's a TA, and a massive one at that.

They still haven't answered. They phoned me asking me had I got their email. I told them I did. They asked me their question again. I replied. I asked them did they get my emails. They said they did. "And? "Oh, I haven't replied to you yet." (in a matter-of-fact tone of voice). Then they proceeded to change the subject and they hung up. I still don't have my answer.

Slapping them them across the head with a shed door would be a legitimate response, wouldn't it?

The right lane is meant to be used for drivers who wish to pass slower moving traffic in the left lane. .

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Oh, and another thing. Being woken up numerous times at night by something on your mind that's been worrying you enough as it is during daytime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Oh, and another thing. Being woken up numerous times at night by something on your mind that's been worrying you enough as it is during daytime.

It's awful , sometimes I wish we had a switch to turn our thoughts off :(

Waiting on my roast lamb dinner to be cooked.First world problems ,i know

• Advertisement

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    It's awful , sometimes I wish we had a switch to turn our thoughts off :(

I had to start writing down things just to get them out of my head - just notes on how to word a business-related email. Not something that should be done at half three in the morning... :( Didn't work too well, mind you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Here comes the rain again...

You’re welcome for the ear worm :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Boring tedious post-Catholic-Ireland guilt/angst/dreary intellectualism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When you read reviews about food being great in threads and then you try it and your dissapointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Just saw someone describing their night out as being "on the scoopies". I hate them.

Illegal dumping.

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    Just saw someone describing their night out as being "on the scoopies". I hate them.

I don't even know them and I hate them too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Made the mistake of going away this weekend past with the in-laws. We couldn't figure out why the hotel was so jam packed of kids. Finally realised that it's the end of mid-term.

That's fine, we thought, we'll go for dinner and by the time we're finished all the kids will have gone to bed. WRONG! The amount of unsupervised children running around the bar and hallways of the hotel at 11pm on Saturday was an absolute disgrace. I saw a toddler running around in his pyjamas and nappy ffs. No parent's within sight. Absolutely impossible to relax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

My sister posted a photo of Temple Bar over the weekend.

lu2vtrkl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Doing crèche drop this morning and an aul fella walking past pipes up "getting rid of them for the day"

I'm sure he thought he was hilarious!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

EBS now need a 3 step authentication . No problem , except we have to download an app on our smart phone . No problem except we don’t have an up to date one with IOS 11
    We ring IT and they can do nothing at all to help us with that dilemma
    There are lots of people our age with no smart phones at all who now cannot access their accounts online

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Made the mistake of going away this weekend past with the in-laws. We couldn't figure out why the hotel was so jam packed of kids. Finally realised that it's the end of mid-term.

That's fine, we thought, we'll go for dinner and by the time we're finished all the kids will have gone to bed. WRONG! The amount of unsupervised children running around the bar and hallways of the hotel at 11pm on Saturday was an absolute disgrace. I saw a toddler running around in his pyjamas and nappy ffs. No parent's within sight. Absolutely impossible to relax.

Why did you not ring Reception and complain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Men I dont know well annoyed me this weekend by,
    Commented on my need to cut my toenails( the context of that not as exciting as it may sound to some)
    Told me that my interpretation of a situation they knew nothing may have been 'misinterpreting the body language involved'

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,499 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Heartburn......I've had it since after lunch and all I has was a plain ham sandwich:rolleyes: Looks like I won't be heading off to martial arts tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

The weather, the darkness, the drudgery, and all on a Monday. 4 more days of this hell to go.

The weather, the darkness, the drudgery, and all on a Monday. 4 more days of this hell to go.

I'll give you a little back rub and a mind and make it all better. It's only weather. :)

My TA is people making plans for me, in front of me, and also discussing me, and not once even making eye contact with me while doing so. :(

Candie wrote: »
    My TA is people making plans for me, in front of me, and also discussing me, and not once even making eye contact with me while doing so. :(

...and that's why people have hissy fits (and with reason, too!).

...and that's why people have hissy fits (and with reason, too!).

I'm tempted to have one for sure but my granny is snoring on the sofa and I don't want to wake her :P

I'm just waiting for them to cop themselves on, but it could take a while!

Also TA'd that someone ate the slice of cake I had my eye on :(

AH NOW, THAT'S THE LAST STRAW!!! :mad: Give them all dagger eyes immediately!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Mary Wilson on DriveTime- will you ever stop interrupting people! She really annoys me when she asks a guest a question and then just butts in halfway through the answer "Come on now, briefly now". I understand she has a timepoint to stick to but shes so rude in doing so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement