Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

When there's a new special in Lidl and someone takes it out of the box to see if they like it. They do but they put the opened item back and take a new one. Fecks sake like. You're going to open it again when you get home so why would you do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

People who dont like you when you play their game..My darling beloved tonight when i wanted him to pay for something in one transaction.I had stuff to buy as well,but its was easier in 1 transaction.He had a moan about it being awkward.And he he mentioned it about being split.And he was to buy his stuff and me mine. Fine.

He went to eat my chocolate and i took it off him.Petty,yes.But you cant have it both ways.Hes gone to bed in a huff.Told me to enjoy my chocolate.So i did

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I'm only responsible for what I say.
    You are responsible for what you hear.

Two things I have no time for, self pitying sulkers, and having to correct the presumptions of bad minded people reading the wrong things into what I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

My new fitted shirt makes me look like I have four breasts and two stomachs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    When there's a new special in Lidl and someone takes it out of the box to see if they like it. They do but they put the opened item back and take a new one. Fecks sake like. You're going to open it again when you get home so why would you do that?

This is why I could never work in a public facing job. I would go mad at someone doing that. Like whats the train of thought there?! :mad:

Ah Penneys.Bought my son pjs in a box,got them home and the trousers are an x large,He looks like MC Hammer going round.:D

Brought them back and exchanged them no bother

That horrible c**t currently circulating on social media because he has his daughter's virginity verified. Or so he thinks-its a myth. All his repulsive mistreatment of her is for nothing anyway.

And TA the sad old god****es guffing on said threads on Facebook about "deflowering" girls ( in their childish fantasies that is)

That horrible c**t currently circulating on social media because he has his daughter's virginity verified. Or so he thinks-its a myth. All his repulsive mistreatment of her is for nothing anyway.

And TA the sad old god****es guffing on said threads on Facebook about "deflowering" girls ( in their childish fantasies that is)
    I had to google that. What an as$hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I bought a strawberry yop the other day. Sore throat so it was the only thing I could face swallowing. It wasn't even pink and tasted artificial. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

When i'm typing a message on Facebook Messenger on my phone and accidentally hit the return key and the message goes off incomplete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,039 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Slipping on wet leaves. Nothing serious but enough to make you look around embarrassingly to check if anyone saw.

The only real upside is that it’s not dog ****.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

People announcing their phone number as "o eight seven.....". No its certainly not. Its "zero eight seven....."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,308 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

These modern day singers/bands who just mumble or shout so you actually can't make out the lyrics.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

I’m after getting myself into a warm comfy little groove in bed but now have to get up to use the loo :(

That I've to get up 10 minutes earlier tomorrow to allow time for all the extra layers of clothing I plan on wearing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Thst I've to get up 10 minutes earlier tomorrow to allow time for all the extra layers of clothing I plan on wearing.

:D
    Welcome to my world...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Stopping at a pub to watch the second half of the liverpool/city game and seeing how some 'fans' behave. Jesus christ, lads standing up roaring at pep Guardiola on the TV with such personal vitriol.
    Still happy with the win though
    :)

TA rowdy messy shouty drunks, and roaring at or in any way addressing the tv? Ffs...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Ranting Woman Alert!
    Fed up that someone I trust(ed) has let me down (again). If they’re going to mess with me why did they do it on a Monday morning!

It's hard to find nice jumpers. I steadfastly refuse to say Sweater.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

People with weird habits in public places. Had a young lad at work clicking his thumbs really loudly while humming to himself walking in the corridor this morning. Just why?? Don't mind the humming bit but the annoying really loud clicking :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Be right back

It's hard to find nice jumpers. I steadfastly refuse to say Sweater.

How about, 'and other stories'?

TA rowdy messy shouty drunks, and roaring at or in any way addressing the tv? Ffs...:D

Had a previous housemate who would **** and blind at the TV, was funny actually. Have to admit to doing it when Ireland are playing in a big game in the rugby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Why do clothes iron manufacturers make it so hard to see the water level in the iron?

Ironing my shirts last night and it is downright impossible to see the level without holding it up to a light and twisting and turning to see it and only at a certain angle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭keano25

People who pull into your lane and park up to let's say use an ATM machine but leave their driving lights on...

On these early dark evenings I'm seeing it more and more.. your blinded and there's traffic coming against you and it's a hassle trying to negotiate around the car..

Use your park lights and stop blinding/obstructing oncoming traffic..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Just tried to book a hair appointment for Saturday only to be told they have no availabilty until mid December :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,039 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

People on escalators who don’t stick to one side.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Highway maintenance trucks, we don't have highways in Ireland. I was driving behind one earlier and was almost expecting Adam Ant to jump out of somewhere and ask me to Stand and Deliver, phwwwooarrr! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

People complaing about the weather. It's mid November, this happens this time of year every year. Put on a coat and **** up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Many Barbers that do appointments now put so much emphasis on the "Call to book an appointment now and avoid quing"............. I booked a day & time last week and turned up for it. Sat waiting for 15 mins listening to the ladladlad banter from the barber and the chap in the chair. Two lads came in after me and when the other barber in the shop was finished with his customer, he signaled for the lad that was after me in the queue and says to me that he doesn't do the bookings :confused: I says to him that the other bellend isn't even finished, it's been 15 mins at that stage, "Nah sorry pal I cant n'nall, he does the bookins" was the response I got.

WTF is the point of having an appointment system if the person that does the bookings, takes walk in's before booking and takes he sweat arse time and having a great aul laugh. Dreg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Customer service bots!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Many Barbers that do appointments now put so much emphasis on the "Call to book an appointment now and avoid quing"............. I booked a day & time last week and turned up for it. Sat waiting for 15 mins listening to the ladladlad banter from the barber and the chap in the chair. Two lads came in after me and when the other barber in the shop was finished with his customer, he signaled for the lad that was after me in the queue and says to me that he doesn't do the bookings :confused: I says to him that the other bellend isn't even finished, it's been 15 mins at that stage, "Nah sorry pal I cant n'nall, he does the bookins" was the response I got.

WTF is the point of having an appointment system if the person that does the bookings, takes walk in's before booking and takes he sweat arse time and having a great aul laugh. Dreg.

I would have walked out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

People who take ages to have their hair cut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When somebody gets a Christmas job and they complain about being around Christmas stuff and listening to Christmas music!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

People walking around Dublin city at rush hour looking at their feet instead of in front of themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    People complaing about the weather. It's mid November, this happens this time of year every year. Put on a coat and **** up.

No, the rain this autumn/winter is not the norm, at least on the eastern seaboard. As a former keen year-round cyclist, Ireland is not as rainy as people think it is. So this wet spell is out of the ordinary.

When you get to teh lovely spot in your coffee,where you can actually drink it.And someone asks you a question.Just why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Every time I broach the suggestion of not doing presents for Christmas this year with the family, I am labelled a grinch and whatever else. The thing is we have a family wedding on NYE, and with the added premium on hotel rooms that time of year* (its too far away NOT to stay over), coupled with the usual money in the card, and the fact that it's my fifth wedding this year, I cannot see the point of spending even more on token presents. Besides, we are all grown-ups able to make our own life choices.

Oh and when a 31 year old man says he doesn't want anything for Christmas, he means it.

*I know I could go air B&B but my mam block-booked rooms in the venue well in advance.

That I've to get up 10 minutes earlier tomorrow to allow time for all the extra layers of clothing I plan on wearing.
    I feel the cold so in winter I usually wear a pair of leggings underneath my trousers. I got a lovely pair of faux fur lined leggings in Penneys which are wonderful :D

I was looking to buy a new pair of jeans and they were all skinny :mad: I am a size 16 and a pair shape, which means I have a sizeable ar$e and even if I was a size 8, skinny jeans do not look good on me. They had no bootcut or even straight cut jeans. I looked in the tracksuit section and that was even worse. They are massive at the top and tight at the bottom and for some reason, the trousers ride up over the ankle, exposing it to the cold :rolleyes:

I couldn't find one pair of trousers that suit my shape and I'd be able to wear leggings under. If I'd have known this was how fashion was going to progress, I'd have stocked up a few years ago when clothes were normal.

• Advertisement

Penneys have amazing jeans for 8 euro.Im a size 20 absolute perfect fit.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I feel the cold so in winter I usually wear a pair of leggings underneath my trousers. I got a lovely pair of faux fur lined leggings in Penneys which are wonderful :D

I was looking to buy a new pair of jeans and they were all skinny :mad: I am a size 16 and a pair shape, which means I have a sizeable ar$e and even if I was a size 8, skinny jeans do not look good on me. They had no bootcut or even straight cut jeans. I looked in the tracksuit section and that was even worse. They are massive at the top and tight at the bottom and for some reason, the trousers ride up over the ankle, exposing it to the cold :rolleyes:

I couldn't find one pair of trousers that suit my shape and I'd be able to wear leggings under. If I'd have known this was how fashion was going to progress, I'd have stocked up a few years ago when clothes were normal.

Look through the charity shops, you can often find decent stuff in very good condition for a pittance, and not only what's in fashion now, but what suits your shape.

(I also wear leggins under my trousers! :) :cool:)

Every time I broach the suggestion of not doing presents for Christmas this year with the family, I am labelled a grinch and whatever else. The thing is we have a family wedding on NYE, and with the added premium on hotel rooms that time of year* (its too far away NOT to stay over), coupled with the usual money in the card, and the fact that it's my fifth wedding this year, I cannot see the point of spending even more on token presents. Besides, we are all grown-ups able to make our own life choices.

Oh and when a 31 year old man says he doesn't want anything for Christmas, he means it.

*I know I could go air B&B but my mam block-booked rooms in the venue well in advance.
    Could ye do a secret Santa?

Easiest solution to this is buy whatever you can afford and let us buy what they can afford.

When people ask is that rain?
    When they clearly know it is.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Well, no. In my case, it was the cleaners vacuum cleaning the hall of the library with gusto. :P

• Advertisement

New Home wrote: »

(I also wear leggins under my trousers! :) :cool:)

Yaaayyy.. Me too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

Irish Rail website, totally useless..
    Could be me....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Yaaayyy.. Me too :)

I bought fleece lined leggings in Dunnes last year. Unbelievable for warmth.

The best part is that when you finally stop wearing them when it's mild again, people ask you if you've lost weight! :D

Wimmin highjacking threads with fashion talk :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement