Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Be right back

Hairdressers who forget to stop cutting!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Up Donegal wrote: »
    The use of 'at' as in "where are you at?" instead of just "where are you?". Some might argue that it is correct but not me!!:mad:

Or "was sat" instead of "was sitting".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Be right back

Antares35 wrote: »
    Or "was sat" instead of "was sitting".

Or there all asleep instead of they're all.

Or there all asleep instead of they're all.

Their their, sleeping like little angles :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

People who put all the dirty dishes and cups etc to the FRONT of the dishwasher when the bloody thing is empty. Start at the back !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I'll eat before I sleep as I'm...hungary...

When the singer's with the best, famous love songs have a crap love life. It's disappointing but always the way. Like the couple's with the showiest romance never last as long.

I have a little dog (half pug, half something else), she's a lovely thing, I like her a lot, however she has this incredibly annoying and dangerous habit of scuttling/running around my feet/ankles when I'm walking around the kitchen - absolutely terrifed I'm going to accidentally step on her and crush or at the very least trip over her while I'm carrying a knife or big pot of boiling water or something some day :eek:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I have a little dog (half pug, half something cat), she's a lovely thing, I like her a lot, however she has this incredibly annoying and dangerous habit of scuttling/running around my feet/ankles when I'm walking around the kitchen - absolutely terrifed I'm going to accidentally step on her and crush or at the very least trip over her while I'm carrying a knife or big pot of boiling water or something some day :eek:

FYP. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I got a wedding invitation today.
    Bad enough that it was from someone I have not had any encounter with for years nor do I need to. Don't even have this person's current address or phone number or any social media interaction.
    But it was clearly an afterthought to invite me as the rsvp date is 2 weeks ago.
    Don't know if I will even go to the bother of a decline rsvp because of that.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    People who put all the dirty dishes and cups etc to the FRONT of the dishwasher when the bloody thing is empty. Start at the back !!!

I will go to my grave still puzzled at how so many people fail to grasp the fundamental physics of dishwasher loading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,999 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Colleagues who don't come out of a shared file when they go for tea/lunch/chats/the jack's, meaning no one else can go in and edit the file until that asshole comes out of it :mad:

In cases too where they do that, fûck off home on a Friday for the weekend still logged in and any of the rest of their colleagues who need those files to edit on Saturday are screwed.... last job there was one auld fella, late 50s who’s was a fûcker for this... my idea was to log the info on a separate spreadsheet and have him do it on Monday....of course I got...” ahhh he’s not very computer savvy, not his fault “. My reply... “well why did you fûckin hire him ???” :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

The use of Xmas instead of Christmas.

Christmas freaks that call you Grinch or Scrooge and act like you hate Christmas just because you don’t think the run-up should begin until early December at least.

I absolutely love Christmas, but the law of diminishing marginal utility quite clearly dictates that if we begin in early November we’ll have expended all of our Christmasiness and be sick of it come the actual day.
    So it is because I love Christmas that preparations ought not begin till the 8th, regardless of what the nuts would say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

The use of Xmas instead of Christmas.

I do that, I must admit. Its because I'm not religious and also incredibly lazy :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

The 'resealable ' wrappers on chocolate bars . Unopenable? more like it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,600 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I do that, I must admit. Its because I'm not religious and also incredibly lazy :pac:

"X" is a valid way of abbreviating "Christ".

So yeah, you're using religious terminology.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

"X" is a valid way of abbreviating "Christ".

So yeah, you're using religious terminology.

Well, I'm using a letter, if we want to be pedantic about it. I mean, its also an acceptable signature but I'm not using it as short for 'Big Joe Joyce' or anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

dubstarr wrote: »
    I go through stages of it.Its not all the time.Thank God.But when i get it,i get it for weeks ata time.

Have you noticed that everybody else leaves a space after a full stop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

:D :pac:

That has appeased my inner pedant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I will go to my grave still puzzled at how so many people fail to grasp the fundamental physics of dishwasher loading.

Stupid loading of the dish washer has caused so many fights among house mates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Driving in to my driveway this evening and I can see my neighbour putting up a Christmas tree in her living room. It’s NOVEMBER!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Driving in to my driveway this evening and I can see my neighbour putting up a Christmas tree in her living room. It’s NOVEMBER!

I saw one lit up today. How do people look at them for that long?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Moochers who don't pay their turn in our euromillions syndicate

Oooooh but if we ever had a win they wouldn't be shy about coming forward!!

It all blew up this week and the WhatsApp group got closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,999 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Moochers who don't pay their turn in our euromillions syndicate

Oooooh but if we ever had a win they wouldn't be shy about coming forward!!

It all blew up this week and the WhatsApp group got closed.

That’s crap, people who are like that are always the very first to be messaging shît like... “ohhh great, how much did we win ? When is the payout?” If you get a few numbers up..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Thatsinsomniaforyou:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Blaizes

The awful music some companies play when they put you on hold...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Melania Frump

Trying not to do or say something that you know you shouldnt but you want to anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

People who leave 2 spaces after a full stop. What is that all about and why oh why were you the one that did all of our template letters?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I got a text from an insurance company. "Dear First name here...…" I like their attention to detail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

When the person you wanna talk to is busy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    People who leave 2 spaces after a full stop. What is that all about and why oh why were you the one that did all of our template letters?

It’s a style choice and perfectly valid. I do it in formal written communications.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Listening to In The Air Tonight by Phil Collins in the car this morning and not being able to do air drums when the drum bit comes in because I was driving. A little part of me dies every time I don't mime the drums to that song.

Also TA at being laughed at by a pretty lady when our cars were beside each other in stopped traffic and she saw me belting out Sussudio with all the passion I could muster.....:o:(

Oh my god I love In the air tonight.

TA when my tone of voice inexplicable comes off wrong. I sounded like I was cruelly complaining about my rescued, elderly dog when I meant it in a sympathetic way. Not helped by the wrong choice of word. I meant to say that the dog is suffering from canine dementia but instead I called her demented which doesn't sound great! Wouldnt have taken the dog in if I was like that would I?!

And bigger TA is that some kinds of people are all too quick to see you in the worst possible light no matter how much you gave them the benefit of the doubt when you could have judged them harshly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Poochie05 wrote: »

2 weeks ago on the way home from work I saw tree up and lighting.
    Jesus how would you look at it for that long.

The is also a house on my way home that has blue flashing lights around the outside of hse and EVERY year I think it's the guards :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

And bigger TA is that some kinds of people are all too quick to see you in the worst possible light no matter how much you gave them the benefit of the doubt when you could have judged them harshly.

People will let you down more often than not I find. There's plenty of great decent people in this world but unfortunately in day to day life you're going to run into or have to deal with some untrustworthy ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Blaizes

Constant rain ....

Ghosteen wrote: »
    People will let you down more often than not I find. There's plenty of great decent people in this world but unfortunately in day to day life you're going to run into or have to deal with some untrustworthy ones.

In a way it's a TH because I've been spoilt with good people so I'm not equipped for that kind of thing. True though, part and parcel of life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,153 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Spilling tea down my shirt. I’m old enough, and experienced enough, to know how to drink tea, this shouldn’t happen.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

People who take too long at the sugar and condiments section in a coffee shop. And they take up the entire area, completely oblivious to the fact that other people are waiting for them to stop their selfish dithering and GTFO

Probably more than trivial but it makes me mad when men think it is acceptable to knock on my car window! It has happened several times over say the past year – few examples I can remember, one where there was a van blocking a car park entrance so I waited behind him for him to move – he came over to bang on my window with the usual “you’ve loads of room there love, what’s your problem? Etc.”. Even though he was the one illegally parked and it would have been me in trouble had I squeezed by and scraped his van. Another where I was sitting in my parked car after work, sending a text before I started the car, and a guy banging on the window to tell me he “wanted to park there”. Like, you f*cking wouldn’t bang on my window if I was another man!

edit also TA the random size of this post :(

There's an add campaign for cleaning dog poop on the radio. Some woman whose shoes have been destroyed etc. The ad starts with a couple of piano notes and for some reason that part really annoys me. It's just 8 notes but it is maddening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,244 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Me.
    Specifically as a motorist.
    I know that every time I go out in the car that, most likely, I will encounter someone being selfish, reckless, hesitant, unobservant or downright nasty.
    I know that this is highly probable.
    Why can't I just let it go? Why do I always get angry?
    I wish I could be that easy going, patient, doesn't give a fcuk motorist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Guy Person wrote: »
    Listening to In The Air Tonight by Phil Collins in the car this morning and not being able to do air drums when the drum bit comes in because I was driving.....:(

TA is Phil Collins releasing a 3CD Singles Collection which includes ALBUM versions of every song. No radio edits, no 7” mixes, no single versions. Pointless.

Me.
    Specifically as a motorist.
    I know that every time I go out in the car that, most likely, I will encounter someone being selfish, reckless, hesitant, unobservant or downright nasty.
    I know that this is highly probable.
    Why can't I just let it go? Why do I always get angry?
    I wish I could be that easy going, patient, doesn't give a fcuk motorist.

Same! One minute I will let someone out and enjoy that warm fuzzy altruism high when they acknowledge - those flashing thank you hazards really get me! And then a mile down the road, I'll be losing time off my lifespan silently (or perhaps not silently) cursing the slow driver in front. I make no sense :pac:

• Advertisement

Thread titles that stop and then you have to read post 1 to get all the info

Tesco accused me of.........shoplifting
    Local thief convicted and sentenced to.......
    New RTE presenter is......

Happens a bit on boards. Hanging thread titles I call them.

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Thread titles that stop and then you have to read post 1 to get all the info

Tesco accused me of.........shoplifting
    Local thief convicted and sentenced to.......
    New RTE presenter is......

Happens a bit on boards. Hanging thread titles I call them.
    Hover over the title :)

:eek:

How am I only finding this out now

Thanks for the tip!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,965 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

The way they pronounce 'Kiev' at the impeachment hearings. Most annoying Americanisation of a word since saying 'niche' as 'nitch':mad:

Lazy clichés in report writing. And use of stupid phrases like "chow down" instead of eat. Also, pretentious wánkery food in restaurants - "cut fruit"- I hardly expected you to bring me a whole pineapple... "deconstructed" anything. "Smashed eggs" or "smashed avodao". And as for wilted - well that's just feckin out of date isn't it?

Also, the way something flies off high street shelves when a royal is seen wearing it. Even more sad (and weird) is people dressing their babies the same as royal ones - is your own flesh and blood not cute and perfect enough already without you treating it like some kind of Tesco value royal doll? Just obsession with royalty and celebrities in general is pathetic.

The stalls on Henry street selling wind up, light up, yapping dogs, Mrs Browne's t-shirts, fake perfume sets and Christmas stockings from the 80's.

Dunnes Stores getting above itself with it's overpriced "Edit" and Paul Costello stuff. No I will not pay sixty quid for a manky man-sized "blouse" that ties at the neck.

When the person in front of you overtakes a cyclist really slowly, staying on the wrong side of the road for far too long, and also ensuring that you cannot overtake it until they pull in again because they are blocking your view also.

People driving too close behind me. I WILL slow down until you get the message. I do not fancy being rear ended if I need to slow down for something unexpected! I'm not even a slow driver!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement