Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places in Tipperary Town

Options
  • 08-06-2019 11:48pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34

I've a new job starting in Tipperary Town before the end of the month and am wondering what is the best way to go about finding a place there?

Another thing I'm considering is to commute in Limerick.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

EuKaryMe wrote: »
    I've a new job starting in Tipperary Town before the end of the month and am wondering what is the best way to go about finding a place there?

Another thing I'm considering is to commute in Limerick.

daft.ie is your friend

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I wouldn’t live in tips town if you’re anyway young or planning a social life (to be honest, I wouldn’t live in tipp town under any circumstances at all).
    I would definitely look at commuting from limerick, though it would undoubtedly be cheaper to live in tipp

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

This looks cheap and cheerful.

https://www.daft.ie/31087154

Or try get a group together for a place like the below. Either before or after (i.e you foot the rent until you find housemates). Can't believe the price actually, 850 a month, it's in Tipperary but still, good price for a roof over your head.

https://www.daft.ie/21939100

Where are you living at the moment? If you are finding it hard to get a place could you commute for a short while, and then ask around in work if anyone knows of rooms going. Everyone knows everyone in a rural place like that. You'll get sorted.

Best of luck with the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

myshirt wrote: »
    This looks cheap and cheerful.

https://www.daft.ie/31087154

I'd sooner live in Azerbaijan

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

I'd sooner live in Azerbaijan

Azerbyjasus, it's not that bad is it. It would get the op started at least. I've seen worse in Dublin.

• Advertisement

myshirt wrote: »
    Azerbyjasus, it's not that bad is it. It would get the op started at least. I've seen worse in Dublin.

But it’s not even in tipp town. I know it’s not far, but it would be pretty bleak if the OP was a 23 y.o who wanted a bit of a night life. Golden wouldn’t exactly be hopping of a Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Tipp Town is a depressing dump. Much better to commute in and out of Limerick.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 EuKaryMe

splinter65 wrote: »
    Tipp Town is a depressing dump. Much better to commute in and out of Limerick.
    What about Cashel? It's a lot nearer, and cheaper too.

Limerick would be 40 minutes twice a day. And I need all the time I have to prepare for this job considering I'll be taking my work home with me.

jlm29 wrote: »
    But it’s not even in tipp town. I know it’s not far, but it would be pretty bleak if the OP was a 23 y.o who wanted a bit of a night life. Golden wouldn’t exactly be hopping of a Saturday night.
    Why Golden? Aren't there other towns that are bigger? like Cashel and Cahir.

Why Golden? Aren't there other towns that are bigger? like Cashel and Cahir.

Exactly my point. The link above was for a rental in golden.

• Advertisement

What about Cashel? It's a lot nearer, and cheaper too.

Limerick would be 40 minutes twice a day. And I need all the time I have to prepare for this job considering I'll be taking my work home with me.

Rentals are very few and hard to find these days . A case of beggars cannot be choosers

Graces7 wrote: »
    Rentals are very few and hard to find these days . A case of beggars cannot be choosers
    There's one place 5 miles from the town for €500 a mouth. I became aware of it through an auctioneer. There's only one person living there and it's got 3 bedroom.

There's one place 5 miles from the town for €500 a mouth. I became aware of it through an auctioneer. There's only one person living there and it's got 3 bedroom.

You will find more by asking around at eg post offices and shops also. That is how i found my current long term place.

Good luck!

Advertisement