Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Union Loan

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

texas star wrote: »
    I went for a small loan recently way under whats in my shares and no other loan out and never missed a payment.I didn't like all the intrusive questions.It irritated me so much I just took the money out of my out of my shares which CU always advised not to do.Credit union are not the same as they used to be.

That's for sure!

• Moderators Posts: 6,864 ✭✭✭Spocker

Much of it down to the regulation from the Central Bank, rather than a shift in how the Credit Union movement wants to present itself

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭Abbey127

Hi is it better to pay back a creidt union loan weekly or monthly. Also if I pay it off quicker does that help my credit rate .

• Moderators Posts: 6,864 ✭✭✭Spocker

Abbey127 wrote: »
    Hi is it better to pay back a creidt union loan weekly or monthly. Also if I pay it off quicker does that help my credit rate .

It doesn't really matter, you should make payments on a schedule that suits you, likely matching your wages frequency. Yes, it can help your rating if you pay it back early and Credit Unions don't charge extra for that (paying back early)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

Spocker wrote: »
    ... and Credit Unions don't charge extra for that (paying back early)...

As a matter of fact they charge you less. Interest is based on your outstanding balance at any point in time. Lower balance - less interest due.

• Advertisement
Advertisement