Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Independent Digital Newspapers €10 Fathers Day

Options
  • 09-06-2019 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Irish Independent and Sunday Independent Monthly Subscription – Father’s Day special

Offer price of €10 a month for Fathers Day.

Unlike other offers, this one doesn't expire. Once you sign up at this price, it will continue every month at the €10 price until you cancel it. Normal price is €19.99.

Each sub gives access for 5 different devices.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I get it free on pressreader app and my library card number. Not trying to pee on your bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭B Rabbit

sweetie wrote: »
    I get it free on pressreader app and my library card number. Not trying to pee on your bargain.

How do you go about linking the library card and a free sub to the independent on pressread? TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

B Rabbit wrote: »
    How do you go about linking the library card and a free sub to the independent on pressread? TIA

It isn’t a “free sub” to the Independent as such.
    It is library access to thousands of newspapers and magazines worldwide, of which the Independent/Sunday Independent and Independent group publications (eg. The Sligo Champion, The Kerryman, The Irish Examiner and many more) are an available subset.
    You can read papers from places like Singapore with it as well if you wish.
    It’s a long time since I did this but I think you create a Pressreader account and add your library card number to this account.
    Download the PressReader app to your iOS, Android or Windows device and login to it via the library login option. It’s a kind of amber coloured button. Select Wicklow County Library, (it works for other parts of the country as well) and enter your library card number.
    This should allow you to access the Irish papers mentioned and thousands of papers and magazines worldwide. The UK and US selection of magazines is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

agree with duridian. Although not sure what extras a subscription provides, if you just want the paper then the pressreader app is a no brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

duridian wrote: »
    It isn’t a “free sub” to the Independent as such.
    It is library access to thousands of newspapers and magazines worldwide, of which the Independent/Sunday Independent and Independent group publications (eg. The Sligo Champion, The Kerryman, The Irish Examiner and many more) are an available subset.
    You can read papers from places like Singapore with it as well if you wish.
    It’s a long time since I did this but I think you create a Pressreader account and add your library card number to this account.
    Download the PressReader app to your iOS, Android or Windows device and login to it via the library login option. It’s a kind of amber coloured button. Select Wicklow County Library, (it works for other parts of the country as well) and enter your library card number.
    This should allow you to access the Irish papers mentioned and thousands of papers and magazines worldwide. The UK and US selection of magazines is excellent.

I tried this but found it logged me out every couple of days and was a bit of a pain.
    I'd think if you were considering a sub as a gift for a parent who wouldn't be up to logging in and out etc , you might be better just paying up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

logs you out every 30 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Yeah it was shorter but now changed to 30 days and only need to put your card no in no password. My folks in their late 60s are delighted with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭dercunx

My library card details won't link to this.

Advertisement